LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just got a 2001 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-01, 05:05 PM
Ramon

Cool

Well actually my dad did, I own a '98 Grand Prix GTP. My car feels like a pice of ***** after putting a couple hundred miles on the LS and then getting back into the GTP. This is BY FAR the smoothest and nicest car i've ever been in before. Gets a lot of looks from the opposite sex as well, which is always a plus. All my friends fell in love with the car except for one girl, but she's just selfish and jelous and doesn't know how to give complements (i hate people like that) Well anyway, just wanted to comment on what a fine automobile the LS is, take care.

-Ramon
Old 05-09-01, 06:53 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new LS! Stick around the forum and maybe we can influence you into one too! J/J, kind of.
Old 05-09-01, 04:18 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lucky!

damn your freekin lucky Ramon, i want to cruise in a LS430 too! and welcome to clublexus.
Old 05-13-01, 09:32 PM
1sickls430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

yeah we just got a 2001 ls430 too,a blue one.man im tellin you this by far is the most comfortable car ive ever driven.From the laser cruise control to the mesagin seats i can fall asleep in 5 mins.But one problem i was racing a cobra which i lost but on my way to 125-130 the car started makin some weird noises in the insturment panel.Any ideas on what this might be.

2001 lexus ls 430 fully loaded 18" lsportline model III chrome wheels on dunlop sp9000

p.s if i wasnt married i would have a different girl everyday of the week because of this car
Old 05-14-01, 10:48 AM
Stephen
Pole Position

Well the car is limited at just over 130, so it may have been the limiter kicking in.
Old 05-20-01, 08:07 AM
Ramon

Thanks for the welcome guys. One complaint that I do have about the 430 is the ML sound system. My friend had a 94 LS 400 with the Nakamichi (sp?) system and it sounded considerably better than the one in my dads LS430. Anyone else here unhappy with their ML system???

-Ramon
Old 05-20-01, 01:28 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Your pop's has a nice ride and I know you will enjoy it! Welcome to the Club...

Edogg, maybe he should get a SC4..... (Edogg check out the temp test results on the "air filter heat shield debate" on the SC forum...)

The Ikon
Old 05-22-01, 02:06 PM
Stephen
Pole Position

Ramon, I have a 98 LS400 with the Nakamichi, and it sounds better than the new LS430s ML also. Has your dad ever owned any Mark Levinson stereo equipment before? It needs to "age" to get peak sound. The more and more he listens to it, the better it will sound.

Give it a few months and it'll blow the Nakamichi away. If you drive a LS430 that has been on the road for a while, the sound is far superior.
Old 05-22-01, 05:13 PM
Ramon

Stephen, no my dad hasn't own any ML systems before... But thanks for the heads up, its good to know the system will sound better eventually... It was kind of depressing that it didn't sound much better than the stock system in my Grand Prix which costs less than half what the LS costs...

-Ramon
Old 05-23-01, 03:55 PM
bobkon_ls430
Driver School Candidate

Since it is your dad's car, how does he like the ML sound system? If he's old school, he probably doesn't like the super heavy bass you may be more accustomed to.

I personally love the ML system in my LS430, but I have some tired old ears, having abused my hearing quite a bit when I was in the Navy. Back then they didn't realize all that machinery, equipment, guns and such actually damaged hearing permanently.

The car itself is a dream to drive, and your dad must be very happy with it, as long as you let him drive it. My kids can't drive yet, so I don't have to worry about that, yet. I think its perfect just the way it came from the factory.

Back when I was your age, my dad would get a new Cadillac Sedan de Ville Brougham every two years. That car was the epitome of stylin' back then. I had a Toyota Celica, and I was always happy when he'd let me use his car to go out on dates or pick up my friends. Plus, that back seat was great, if you know what I mean. It went to a lot of drive-ins back in the day. If my old man were alive today, I bet he'd have a Lexus now.

Just some miscellaneous ramblings.

Take care and enjoy your dad's ride, he's paying for it.

Bobkon_LS430
Old 05-23-01, 10:21 PM
Ramon

My dad loves everything about the car, I haven't heard him complain about anything about it as of yet, he's very happy with the purchase... One think I wish it had is a tire pressure gauge... On a side note however, the VSC system is INCREDABLE, i've driven a few cars with traction control, and this is the best one by far, it responds VERY quickly to the conditions and it does it so smoothly that the only way I knew it was working was that the light started to flash on the dashboard.

-Ramon
Old 09-14-04, 06:45 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

Mark Levinson is an audiophile level system. If you are used to listenning to your cds woth the tone controls all the way up, the ML isn't for you. It's too natural sounding, besides, it is very unforgiving of the source recording you are playing. So, if you play a cd that's been recorded like $#it, it will sound like it too.
Try some audiophile quality recordings, such as Diana Krall.
Old 09-16-04, 09:30 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

u got yourself one excellent vehicle, welcome
Old 09-18-04, 12:12 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forget diana krall. get yourself some good instrumental jazz. and not that crap 'soft jazz' or anything like kenny g. get some good instrumental jazz and you will understand how good the ml system is.
Old 09-18-04, 08:50 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

be specific...what recording r u talking about. I mentioned Krall because of the quality of recording, not for style of music....but your suggestion anyway...so I can play that in my LS430 and see how good it is...

Quick Reply: Just got a 2001 LS430