LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Looking for the most comfortable, softest long distnace car....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-05, 10:09 AM
Little
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Looking for the most comfortable, softest long distnace car....

I currently own an '01 E430 4matic. The car is pretty comfortable, but i'm looking for something new. I've been looking at all kinds of cars, such as the RL, '06 GS430, BMW's. But now, i've come to realize what i'm really looking for in a car. I want the most comforatable smooth bump free car out there. I am always on 400-500 mile one way trips with my cars and the benz gets it done, but i need it to get done much better. The seats in the benz are a tad on the hard side and it needs some more movement outta the seat plus it doens't have lumbar. I'm hearing nothing but good things about this LS430. I love power, but willing to sacrifice a little bit for that extra comfort. I'm 24 and don't care about the image thing of the LS being an older person's car. I think the car is hot. Only thing i would've been able to get is the black/ on black with the Ultra luxury package but it's not available. I like my passengers to be real comfortable as well and like the idea of the reclinin rear seats. Is the UL package really worth it?
Old 03-14-05, 11:01 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Little
I currently own an '01 E430 4matic. The car is pretty comfortable, but i'm looking for something new. I've been looking at all kinds of cars, such as the RL, '06 GS430, BMW's. But now, i've come to realize what i'm really looking for in a car. I want the most comforatable smooth bump free car out there. I am always on 400-500 mile one way trips with my cars and the benz gets it done, but i need it to get done much better. The seats in the benz are a tad on the hard side and it needs some more movement outta the seat plus it doens't have lumbar. I'm hearing nothing but good things about this LS430. I love power, but willing to sacrifice a little bit for that extra comfort. I'm 24 and don't care about the image thing of the LS being an older person's car. I think the car is hot. Only thing i would've been able to get is the black/ on black with the Ultra luxury package but it's not available. I like my passengers to be real comfortable as well and like the idea of the reclinin rear seats. Is the UL package really worth it?
I have a LS 430 and if you are looking for a smooth, quiet, bump free car, you won't find one better that the LS. The seats on a long trip for me are not the most comfortable. I feel that they are too soft and do lead to fatigue. On the other hand on a long trip the firmer seats in the Benz do not tire me one bit. I guess you can't have everything.
Old 03-14-05, 12:38 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS430 comfort!

I have driven 400-1000 mile round trips in my 2001 LS430 and the seats are very comforting. The ride is best with 16 inch or 17 inch wheels. The smoothness is legendary and as for the seats given fatigue to lkircner, iv'e heard that about the 2004-2005 cars. Maybe its a change in the seats from the 2001-2003 models or the leather needs to be broken in more. The E430 is also a great car so you can't lose there. Just get what you really want and you'll be happy.
Old 03-14-05, 12:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think the best thing for you to do is to go and sit or maybe drive the ls430, that's the best way for you to know for sure how YOU fit inside the car.

and to me, i dont' think i can find another car more comfortable than the ls430. it's stupidly comfy, quiet, and everything is so well balanced. and i have driven the s500, 745, and some other high end cars. the ls430 is amazing
Old 03-14-05, 01:24 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by usermel
I have driven 400-1000 mile round trips in my 2001 LS430 and the seats are very comforting. The ride is best with 16 inch or 17 inch wheels. The smoothness is legendary and as for the seats given fatigue to lkircner, iv'e heard that about the 2004-2005 cars. Maybe its a change in the seats from the 2001-2003 models or the leather needs to be broken in more. The E430 is also a great car so you can't lose there. Just get what you really want and you'll be happy.
I don't think breaking in the leather will improve the feel; in my estimation it will probably get worse. In fact I think one of the reasons they are uncomfortable is that the seat bottom has the same amount of support as a bean bag chair; way too soft. The seat back is near perfect but after awhile the bottom is about as comfortable as a toilet seat.
Old 03-14-05, 01:31 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, My LS430 UL is just toooo comfy for me, sometime I wish I could have more sporty car like g35 coupe... well, just can't have both, anyway, my ls have nothing for me to complain!!! I don't know what to get next for the best price to value! ( if the new GS430 comes with more power, like 400ish, I am in!!)
Old 03-14-05, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Yeah, My LS430 UL is just toooo comfy for me, sometime I wish I could have more sporty car like g35 coupe... well, just can't have both, anyway, my ls have nothing for me to complain!!! I don't know what to get next for the best price to value! ( if the new GS430 comes with more power, like 400ish, I am in!!)
well guess you will havet o wait for the gs460 now
Old 03-14-05, 03:15 PM
Diesel11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is one of those "eye of the beholder" questions. No one answer will be right for everyone. Personally, I have driven my 01 LS430 on some pretty long trips. Last summer my wife and I drove from State College, PA to South Dakota. Very comfortable, no problems. My wife has an M-class, and we both find it very comfortable on long trips.

Best thing to do is test it out.

Fred
Old 03-14-05, 03:28 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Its a great car.. I am also 24 and have a black on black with the ultra luxury.. you wont be disappointed..
Old 03-14-05, 04:55 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

honestly best bang for your buck is a brand new camry, my cousin just picked one up..dang that thing rides like a dream. If you cannot afford the LS430 (which I highly recommend..these things rock) Get an 05 camry. Good luck to you.
Old 03-15-05, 01:20 PM
hatchback
Driver School Candidate

It's tough to beat the LS430 for a long distance drive. The ride is incredibly smooth even up to 90mph as the posters above have noticed, and the car itself is extremely quiet which makes the trip much less fatiguing. The LS430 is so quiet that you can hear the road noise that other cars make on the highway.
Old 03-28-05, 01:32 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To me, the LS 430 is the perfect fit; it is the epitome of the "most comfortable, softest long distance car" ...on trips up and down the California Coast, I have never been more relaxed in my life. The LS ride with NAVI guidance, sunshades, lovely climate control, ample storage and convenience features, makes it more than just a 'home away from home' -- it is in some ways better than home!