LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Oil Change, Self Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-05, 11:44 AM
campisi
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum, I've got a LS430.
Those are kids on the 400 forums - the cars are getting cheap enough for them to afford. I also lurk on a forum for my Dodge Ram truck and it has been taken over by 16 year olds looking to put on headers and the loudest mufflers (or no muffler) they can find. Maybe we need a Grumpy Old Man forum!

BTW, I plan on doing my own oil changes and brake jobs etc because I like it and know the job was done right.
Old 07-17-05, 08:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Folks,

I'm closing this oil change thread because it seems to be generating a lot of friction (pun intended).

A number of replies I think are simply misread as antagonistic... you can't get 'emotion' out of simply reading words in black and white sometime. For example BigD I don't think the tool reply was meant in any way to be an insult to you. Sometimes you can however...

Originally Posted by RODDMOD
look at the LS 400 forums, they have been taken over by the Trailer T. people. No class , bunch of Morons. How long before they leak into the LS 430 forums.

Anybody want to lower their LS, how about a wing, how about spinners. LOL
Rodd,

Your reply is inappropriate and this is your third warning. Just because you like your LS in stock trim that doesn't mean that someone else who puts a wing on their LS is "trailer trash" . They aren't all kids either... while I'm not as old as you (I'm 39) my 98 LS400 is slightly lowered and has a mild bodykit. I have no wing or spinners - not my taste - but I don't condemn those who do like those things or call them names.

This forum has 36,000+ members and a very wide diversity in its membership. If spinners make someone happy or they can get help putting a spoiler on their car here on the CL forums from others that have the right know how, have at it! Same as answering a question from someone who gets enjoyment out of changing their own oil on their LS430 when others prefer just taking it to the dealer.

To use a quote from earlier in this post: "I thought a site for Lexus owners would draw people with a little more class." We do expect our members to demonstrate that class, and at least be somewhat open minded or use a modicum of tact in their expressions when they see something they dislike.