LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

S Class style grill for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 10:30 AM
awtrott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys, we are all entitled to our opinions and in most cases is solicited and appreciated in this forum, but give us a break. We are all not going to have the same taste; what works for you won’t necessarily work for another and so it's left up to the individual’s choice. What’s the worst that could happen? Carson/I-tune part sends me the wrong grill and I send it back for a refund to include shipping cost. So if it works then I get the look that suites me and I'm happy, which is my goal. You may not and certainly don't have to like it but you should at least be able to live and let live, IMHO.
Old 08-16-07, 10:37 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

The worst that will happen is you will spend $600 on a grill that wont fit your car. On top of that Carson Toyota will not refund your money because its a special order part. Im just lookin out for a fellow member of CL.
Old 08-16-07, 06:17 PM
DanceEagle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks okay to me. I couldn't put it on as I have the adaptive cruise control which works thru the "L". Wouldn't bother anyway as the LS looks just fine as it is. But everyone to their own taste.
Old 08-16-07, 08:55 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

'Now what that last little line says in English is "You cannot install in the pre- crash safety equipped car after 30.31M/C"'

This means that the grill will not work in cars equipped with the pre-collision warning system installed in cars after the "minor changes" ('04-up). Basically the grill should fit any 30/31 car NOT equipped with the pre-collision warning system, which makes sense.

Last edited by ancdmd; 08-16-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-22-07, 11:56 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by junjdm
I have seen the admiration grill for the 01-03....correction. Unless someone is making copies. But I did not know they only had 2 left last month. Im still searching for a grill though.....
Wow this Thread is still alive after 2 years. !!!

Yes they do make the grill for 01-03 models. It is simply an insert grill. You still use the stock chrome grill border. The stock plastic grill pops out of it. Pretty easy install. I spent $550 discounted I believe on that grill. It took 6 months to arrive. i ended up selling my car a month later If I had a chance to do it over, I wouldn't buy the grill. Way to much for a cheap flimsy chrome plated plastic with a plastic black mesh screen behind it held on by double sided tape. That grill was worth $150 tops. I could see it being over $500 if it was made out of metal.

FYI, I've been on the Audi forum since I now have an A6 4.2. I pop in on the Lexus forum once in a while. I do miss my 2001 Ls430 and was thinking about selling my 2000 Audi to get an 04-05 LS, but I had to sacrifice to buy a house. But It hasn't been all that bad. The Audi is more fun and does have more "character" with timeless styling. I love the euro V8 roar and with the upgraded front and rear sway bars it handles like its on rails! It has been well behaved with few maintenance issues. I miss the LS smoothness and outstanding nav system. I've never driven is a car that was so relaxing on long trips. Also the Lexus forum seems to be the most polite forum that I have encountered. The other forums I've visited seemed to have "snappy" characters and verbal battles break out once in a while. Maybe they are so stressed about mainenance issues .

So I may be back.

later all

Last edited by JLAWS; 08-22-07 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-22-07, 05:37 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

^^ What company was the grill that you bought for your car?
Old 01-10-08, 05:00 PM
jasonlee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default looking for the amistad klaud in polish

hi i saw your group buy and was wondering can you guys get the amistad klaud in polish. how does the group buy work? I'm new in this forum so please email me back at jasonk715@yahoo.com

thank you
Old 01-13-08, 09:38 PM
bippU!
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im picking up my oem grill that i had chromed last week, i should have picks up on monday night.
Old 01-15-08, 10:41 PM
bippU!
Driver

here ya go

Old 01-16-08, 07:17 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I am the proud owner of a 2004 LS430 Ultra Luxury and don't believe in screwing up this wonderful car. However, I wanted to replace the grille with a chrome plated one, as it is about the only grey plastic on the car. After having a few orders cancelled after finding the grille was no longer available, I finally found one on e-bay. I was pretty skeptical, as I had never bought anything on e-bay (also I have never had anyone but Lexus touch either of my two Lexus cars for service other than tires). The e-bay grille was offered for $140 plus $15 shipping by Deluboz (a Texas based store). The photos looked identical to the OEM grille with the Lexus emblem cutout. Decided I'd give it a try as it was only $150. Received the grille in less than a week. Couldn't be happier. Installed the grille myself (retired aerospace engineer) in less than 30 minutes, including cleaning up the existing molding, waxing, etc. The grille looks like it is made from the OEM mold. Couldn't tell the difference and the installation fit was perfect. I think it looks perfect and gives me that little difference from others. I am not a salesman for that company and I just checked their listing on e-bay and they are now offering this grille for $125. They also have a black chrome one for $150.

I have ordered an AutoCoutour rear deck spoiler thru Carson 12 weeks ago on their group purchase, but haven't yet received it. Anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. The only other thing I have done to my LS430 is to install OEM mud guards. I think they give it a little extra lower "body" without going to the lower body parts that are so popular with the VIP treatment (which I am not willing to go into- too big of a change for me personally).

Just my comments for whoever might find this of interest.
Old 01-18-08, 06:03 PM
bippU!
Driver

^^^ wow, thanks for the info on the non "L" grill. ima gonna get one for that price!