LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

S Class style grill for LS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 07:09 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts
Default S Class style grill for LS430

I ordered my from www.CANautoclub.com. I should have it hopefully next month. I can't wait!!!!
Here is a pic sent to me. Looks Stunning. I have a Black Ls430 and I went for a black chrome grill. The front looks waaay to much like an S Class. Hey thats not a bad thing though.
Attached Thumbnails S Class style grill for LS430-ls430grill-no-plate.jpg  
Old 07-22-05, 09:38 AM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who makes that grill? How much did it cost you?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-05, 12:57 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not get an S class..dont understand putting that grill on the LS
Old 07-23-05, 09:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by DeniskaGS4
why not get an S class..dont understand putting that grill on the LS
Yeah, I don' t like the idea of putting on A Mercedes like grille . . .
Old 07-24-05, 12:40 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think it looks much better than the stock, cheap plastic one with the silly L in the middle. The emblem really takes away the good looks of the front. In addition this grill has fewer horizontal bars that also makes the front end cleaner. I also understand that this grill is aluminum and not plastic.
Old 07-24-05, 09:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Yeah, me neither. I like the horizontal slants on the LS. Benz grills go on Benzs......
Old 07-25-05, 08:07 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah, me neither. I like the horizontal slants on the LS. Benz grills go on Benzs......
If you compare the LS430 to the W140 Benz's you will see more than a slight similarity in the body styles. So I guess tha Benz grill on a LS430 truly fits.
Old 09-01-05, 06:20 PM
Luxury_LEX
Driver

Nice
Old 09-01-05, 09:18 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default Beautiful grille, but love the Stock "L" more

Love the LS, Love the S class. Both are beautiful cars that share common attributes for different reasons. While I love MB turn signals in side mirrors, I don't get using a Benz "like" grille . Grilles to me are the identity of most if not all cars. The LS is a beautiful car in its own right. And "L" looks great to me as it represents my last name. Similarly I love MB 3 point Star in most of their grilles.
Old 09-03-05, 05:32 PM
JLAWS
Racer

For me it's all about standing out. There are a couple of black LS430's in my neighborhood. I feel awkward running into someone driving the EXACT same car. With this grill in black chrome accompanied by the rear roof spoiler, exhaust tips and polished 18's, I should have a look apart from the rest.
Old 09-06-05, 01:10 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Post Individuality is important as long as we don't make ourselves look like fools.

Originally Posted by JLAWS
For me it's all about standing out. There are a couple of black LS430's in my neighborhood. I feel awkward running into someone driving the EXACT same car. With this grill in black chrome accompanied by the rear roof spoiler, exhaust tips and polished 18's, I should have a look apart from the rest.
That said, I can respect your reasoning for customization. I also hate running into the same exact car, partly why I bought my Range. One of the worst feelings as a driver, is when you're at a stoplight/intersection and there are 6 other cars exactly like yours, down to the color. Reason #472 why I quickly got rid of my Acura.
Old 09-06-05, 01:21 PM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

I think the grille looks pretty sweet! I've seen this grille installed on a GS before and didn't think it looked that good, but since the LS has a much larger grille space, I think it fits nicely.

And JLAWS, how did you find the grille off the site? I can't seem to find anything.
Old 09-06-05, 01:43 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also think it looks hot on the ls. not so much a fan of it on th gs
Originally Posted by MRLEXO
I think the grille looks pretty sweet! I've seen this grille installed on a GS before and didn't think it looked that good, but since the LS has a much larger grille space, I think it fits nicely.

And JLAWS, how did you find the grille off the site? I can't seem to find anything.
Old 09-06-05, 09:17 PM
JLAWS
Racer

And it should be an exclusive look. Ive been waiting 2+ months for it to arrive from Japan!! It should arrive soon and I doubt I'll run into anyone with the same grill

The grill is not shown on that site I mentioned. Contact Dxc for details, pics and pricing which is very reasonable for an all aluminum grill.
Old 09-07-05, 05:34 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the grill looks nice enough, but I would never put it on a Lexus for the simple fact that it looks like it was lifted from a MB. I feel the same way about wheels that look like they belong on a MB -- if I bought an LS that had either of those on it, I'd change 'em. No offense to anyone who sees it differently, but that's just how I see it.

Originally Posted by JLAWS
I ordered my from www.CANautoclub.com. I should have it hopefully next month. I can't wait!!!!
Here is a pic sent to me. Looks Stunning. I have a Black Ls430 and I went for a black chrome grill. The front looks waaay to much like an S Class. Hey thats not a bad thing though.

Quick Reply: S Class style grill for LS430