LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

what to expect in an 04

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-05, 12:59 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what to expect in an 04

trying to avoid the temptation of getting an m45 and overpaying on a lease, I am going to try to lease an 04 if available during the golden opportunity event. coming from an ultra, a base is unacceptable. from what I am seeing on ebay, ml,current gen nav, park assist, bluetooth, smart access, climate seats seem to be available. I am guessing the dealers will be in the 48-51k range or not much more than what my wifes new rx was listed for. they gave her 3k off on a 3yr lease so thats what I am trying for. guessing my car is worth about 32 trade in. are these numbers way off and are the features right or wrong.

TIA
Old 07-28-05, 01:29 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct on the major features on the ML with Smart Key. The Nav function with bluetoot, the back up camera as well as the front and rear bumper sensors were pretty much included in most of the '04 ML's as were the climate control seats. If you get it from a dealer, you might want to see if they would throw in XM radio (if that's something you are interested in). I have it installed and it is great.

The dollars sound pretty much on based on what I see in Atlanta.

It's a great car. Good luck!
Old 07-28-05, 06:32 PM
bigDlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can still get an 04 new? IF you can- you won't see any difference between the 04 and 05.
Old 07-28-05, 09:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just be careful on the 04. it has some problems with the tranny (there was a recall) and nav (also software recall)

personally i would try to get 05 depending on price
Old 07-28-05, 11:38 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

but you must not have read my post. I do not want an new ls. I cannot afford a new ls. a lease given the new car terms for this event makes the most sense. it should be a sign and drive based on what the salesman who leased the rx told me.
Old 07-29-05, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

i know, i read, but how possible is it for you to get a 04 new now? i highly highly doubt. by early 05, i already see very few ls430 left on the lot, and all going at invoice. and none of them were UL. could be the case in cali and different elsewhere, but with the 06 right around the corner, i have to say the dealership is really doing a **** poor job in selling cars

i wonder how much the lease on an 04 (if you can find one) will different from the 05?
Old 07-29-05, 05:45 AM
bigDlexus
Driver

Originally Posted by digital_b
trying to avoid the temptation of getting an m45 and overpaying on a lease, I am going to try to lease an 04 if available during the golden opportunity event. coming from an ultra, a base is unacceptable. from what I am seeing on ebay, ml,current gen nav, park assist, bluetooth, smart access, climate seats seem to be available. I am guessing the dealers will be in the 48-51k range or not much more than what my wifes new rx was listed for. they gave her 3k off on a 3yr lease so thats what I am trying for. guessing my car is worth about 32 trade in. are these numbers way off and are the features right or wrong.

TIA
Please point out the word "used" in this post.

Lexus has a golden opportunity event for new outgoing models. If they have one for used cars, good for you, but you didn;t mention that.
Old 07-29-05, 10:05 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

I shouldnt have to. the whole point of the golden opportunity event is that you can get certified lexus models with new car terms. I thought this was common knowlegdge. perhaps not. I believe the event youre referring to is the december to remember.

Last edited by OneOfOne; 07-29-05 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-29-05, 10:08 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
i know, i read, but how possible is it for you to get a 04 new now? i highly highly doubt. by early 05, i already see very few ls430 left on the lot, and all going at invoice. and none of them were UL. could be the case in cali and different elsewhere, but with the 06 right around the corner, i have to say the dealership is really doing a **** poor job in selling cars

i wonder how much the lease on an 04 (if you can find one) will different from the 05?
I never mentioned 'new'. again I thought the terms of the golden opportunity event were widely known. perhaps its my bad for assuming. having looked at the lexus cpo site and ebay I know for a fact that there are cpo 04s out there hence my thread.
Old 07-29-05, 12:51 PM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 164 Posts

Hi, don't know why you'd lease an 04 when you already have an 01. They are essentially the same car. Just keep the 01 till the redesigned LS comes out. You want the 04 look, get the polished 18's change the taillights cause they DO fit

Look at this silver LS ( I have black), the wheels alone freshens up the whole look of the car. Best mod investment for me
Attached Thumbnails what to expect in an 04-ls430silver04.jpg  
Old 07-29-05, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

ah i am sorry, i guess i was totally confused, my bad.

i am not 100% sure, but i thought for the golden opportunity, you get better terms and rates for the remaining yr model before all the new yr models roll out by end of aug?
Old 07-29-05, 01:57 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

youre right I was wrong. I called lexus and spoke to a salesperson as well. turns out that the low rates for cpo cars ends tomorrow. we will see what happens.
Old 07-29-05, 01:58 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Hi, don't know why you'd lease an 04 when you already have an 01. They are essentially the same car. Just keep the 01 till the redesigned LS comes out. You want the 04 look, get the polished 18's change the taillights cause they DO fit

Look at this silver LS ( I have black), the wheels alone freshens up the whole look of the car. Best mod investment for me
I am not going for a look. I want the upgraded nav and bluetooth. also the ultra options for the rear passengers do me no good. and lexus added more features to lower level cars than the ultra which makes them a better deal. now if only they dont screw me on my trade.
Old 07-29-05, 06:49 PM
bigDlexus
Driver

Originally Posted by digital_b
youre right I was wrong. I called lexus and spoke to a salesperson as well. turns out that the low rates for cpo cars ends tomorrow. we will see what happens.

I shouldnt have to. the whole point of the golden opportunity event is that you can get certified lexus models with new car terms. I thought this was common knowlegdge. perhaps not. I believe the event youre referring to is the december to remember.

Is that a black feather on your chin? Oh, that's just what left of the crow.

Try to be a little more clear in your posts and do your research first, please. With all due respect.
Old 07-29-05, 07:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JLAWS
I was fooled...thought that was an '04 or '05...for a few moments. Very effective mod indeed!

Quick Reply: what to expect in an 04