LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bluetooth and Verizon

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 05:16 PM
ricktrow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth and Verizon

I've seen posts about the problems with the 2004 LS430 Bluetooth feature and Verizon, but wireless technology is a moving target that changes every day - so my question today (1/9/06) are these:

Are there any Verizon phones that work well with the '04 LS430?

If there are, do they support all of the features built into the car?

If not, which features are supported and which are not?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Old 01-13-06, 03:02 PM
leot
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy verizon&Lexus

I have an05 GX and a 99 LS and an 04 RX; I use the Verizon V710 in my GX:
1) phone mutes audio, but doesn't ring'
2) can't download phonebook
3) can't enter a phonebook
4) can one-touch dial but must memorize 1-10 one touch, won't let you identify them
5) reception and audio is first class when using phone
6) this is all Verizon's fault; they disable all functions that download rings; photo's on the phone so you can pay separately for them; they are impervious to any pleas for change.
7) I am locked in to verizon wireless with 4 phones on contracts;
Any lexus vehicle will act the same way as far as I know

leot
Old 01-14-06, 06:04 AM
GS Doug
Driver

I have an 04 LS 430 with a Verizon branded Motorola E815. You cannot transfer the phonebook to the car. You can program the quick dial buttons by dialing phone numbers on the nav screen, and then assigning the dialed phone numbers from your outgoing call list to quick dial slots on the Lexus. The problem is (and this is a Lexus problem) that when the car is in motion, the numbers assigned to the quick dial buttons disappear from the nav screen. Another Lexus design problem: there is no way to manually enter names and phone numbers into the Lexus phonebook. The phone does ring or vibrate when I receive a call. Audio quality is a mixed bag; I hear other people fine, but sometimes, I break up to them. You cannot use the phone's integrated voice dialing to dial phone numbers under any circumstance. When the car is moving, you can use the quick dial buttons (if you can remember what button the number is assigned to), but you can't manually enter a phone number using the nav screen's dial pad.

I feel like this early implementation of Bluetooth by Lexus is poorly designed, and I am hopeful that future implementations will make it easier to dial a phone number while the car is moving (how about Lexus voice recognition?). There is no question that Verizon has disabled 1 or 2 important features, but Lexus could have done a much better job.
Old 01-14-06, 03:51 PM
carguyay
Rookie

Angry Moto razr v3

I got my razr v3 cingular connect on one call then it disconnected. Lets talk doesnt show any directions as to connect etc. Larry
Old 01-16-06, 05:46 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Verizon V710 rings when I get a call. I cannot use the voice recognition while in the car but the user manual states that.

I couldn't download the phonebook, but that wasn't an issue for me since I had already done so using a Sony Erickson which downloaded the entire phone book in a matter of minutes. In addition, the SE downloaded both the names and the numbers. My one touch buttons show the names when the car is in motion and the numbers and the names when the car is stopped. I would suggest getting a used SE phone and use it to download the numbers.

The sound and the overall reception has been outstanding - much better than my Cingular service. People I talk to from the phone comment on the clarity compared to the way it was before.