LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430, Bluetooth Sony Ericcson Question, Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 11:24 AM
Bdimont
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS430, Bluetooth Sony Ericcson Question, Help!!

Have an 05' LS430, just bought a Cingular Sony Ericcson W600 specifically so it will transfer the phonebook to my car (I have a Verizon business account, but understand the absence of text problem).

So the phone pairs up fine, the problem is when I go to transfer contacts.

While the phone is connected I go to Bluetooth Setting on the Lexus Nav screen, then select 'Transfer Phonebook" or "Transfer Settings", whatever it is next to Phonebook.

Then the car says go ahead and send from phone, right when that screen is up on the nav system the phone screen displays that the bluetooth connection to the car has been disconnected. When I go to reconnect through the phone it can't find any bluetooth devices.

Anybody have any idea here?
Or any experience at all with Cingular/W600 Sony Ericcson in an LS430/Lexus?

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-16-06, 05:23 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Everything is normal so far.....

but here is a brief overview of what is occuring. A bluetooth device or accessory has only one channel to communicate on. When you are pairing it is in receive mode waiting for the passcode to complete the pairing process. After that is done it will make phone calls. You cannot have a bluetooth device such as an earpiece in play at the same time because the phone can only communicate on one channel with one device at a time. This also applies when you want to transfer data (phone book listings) to the cars phonebook registry. When you put the transfer button on the phone responds by disconnecting bluetooth so that it can send data on the channel instead of a phone conversation. Continue past where you stopped and send the phonebook data by following the prompts on your phone. The car will tell you "transfer in progress" while this is happening. Once it is finished it will reconnect as a cellphone again. You can also go to the "Select Phone" switch at anytime on the second page of settings to reconnect.

Now it is a good idea to populate the One Touch Dial listing from your phonebook on the screen. You have a total of 17 one touch buttons divided into three sets of six. Button #6 is used as a redial feature and you cannot store a number on that button.

Now dialing out will be much easier when driving...

Rock