LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Clear Bra on LS anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-06, 08:03 PM
m500
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra on LS anyone?

I'm thinking about having Clear Bra install on my LS430. But I don't know if it'll create any issue afterward on the difference in appearance. Would the reflection looks weir? Would it be to noticiable and looks funny? Would the paint oxidate differently since its a half bra on the Hood? Is it really worth it?
Old 03-23-06, 10:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

There is only one source for clear bra here on CL ...specifically in SoCal. www.aerotect.net Just ask the 2 LS moderators here, LOTC and BR1AN...they will be happy to tell you about their experiences. Here's BR1AN's recent experience:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205076
Old 03-23-06, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

RAristo also has it on his ls430
Old 03-24-06, 12:47 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

This looks like a great idea, if you get a clear one, can you even notice it ? Also, as you guys are from CA, does anyone do this on the east coast (RI/CT) ?
Old 03-24-06, 09:42 AM
bigDlexus
Driver

Originally Posted by m500
I'm thinking about having Clear Bra install on my LS430. But I don't know if it'll create any issue afterward on the difference in appearance. Would the reflection looks weir? Would it be to noticiable and looks funny? Would the paint oxidate differently since its a half bra on the Hood? Is it really worth it?
I have the exact same car as you- except 05. I got the clear bra and it looks fantastic. You can't really see it unless you look for it.

the clear coat on the LS will prevent oxidation enough so that there won't be a difference. Unless you neglect the paint- you will never see a difference.

If you are going to keep the car for a while- it's a definite YES.
Old 03-24-06, 02:23 PM
EmRos
Rookie

Originally Posted by m500
Contact Premier. www.premiermobilegroup.com. They are undoubtedly the best. I've had the clear bra on 2 of my cars, and have had no problems at all. But do remember that you get what you pay for. The installer makes the most difference in how the clear bra would look.
Old 03-24-06, 02:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by EmRos
Contact Premier. www.premiermobilegroup.com. They are undoubtedly the best. I've had the clear bra on 2 of my cars, and have had no problems at all. But do remember that you get what you pay for. The installer makes the most difference in how the clear bra would look.
he's in socal, there is no reason to have premier do it for higher price (to have them come down). aerotect is already in socal and they do great work too
Old 03-24-06, 05:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
he's in socal, there is no reason to have premier do it for higher price (to have them come down). aerotect is already in socal and they do great work too
Plus Aerotect is an official CL Vendor. That other company is not.
Old 03-25-06, 10:39 AM
RAristo
Lead Lap

I have Francisco (Aerotech) did my 06 silver LS430. I really can't say anything but priase for his work. There are 3~4 types of films if I remember it correctly. If you want the absolutely clear one, it requires more maintenance like washing and waxing the bra weekly or biweekly. I think for lighter color cars, the bra is less obvious than with darker color cars. To me, the bra isn't that obvious. From certain angle, you can't even see it unless you stand really close. I just put on the WALD 2 weeks ago and I already talk to Francisco to have him customize the bra for my front lip. I highly and strongly recommend Francisco to do the clear bra and I think the clear bra is a very good investment. I used to go to bodyshop once a year to do some "patch up" on my Explosion bumper that costs $200 and up easily. With this, you do it once and that's it. By the way, Aerotect also offers life-time warranty.
Old 03-28-06, 09:06 PM
EmRos
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
Duely noted. I also reside in SoCal, and I had them work on my car when they came down for their tour. Since they are down here quite often, I thought it be good to plug them as well. When I was initially looking into investing in a clear bra, my choices were between Premier and Aerotech (aeroshield at the time). Thanks to several gracious CL members, I was able to compare the two. And I decided to go with Premier because their custom wrap is so much more seamless and clean. We all have our preferences though.