LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Is there a service manual like a Haynes manual for LS430?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 04:03 PM
Russ G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is there a service manual like a Haynes manual for LS430?

Hi all, Is there a basic repair manual available for our cars? I have one for all my other vehicles and like to refer to it when I feel like tinkering. I haven't see one for the LS430. Maybe it is not produced because our cars are typically not maintained by the driver, instead by the dealer??
Old 04-17-06, 04:26 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your best bet is the official Lexus repair manual. It goes much more in-depth than anything else out there, as well as covering more topics.

Scott
Old 04-21-06, 04:59 PM
Mattazuma
Driver School Candidate

Another option is to "rent" the manuals at techinfo.toyota.com .

It is $10 for one day and $50 for a month. You search for what you want and the section of the manual comes up as a PDF. You can then save the file if you want. The real manuals cost around $200, so the techinfo site isn't a bad option if you only want to check out a few things. For the $10 you have access to all of the manuals for all Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Old 05-06-06, 11:41 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattazuma
Another option is to "rent" the manuals at techinfo.toyota.com .

It is $10 for one day and $50 for a month. You search for what you want and the section of the manual comes up as a PDF. You can then save the file if you want. The real manuals cost around $200, so the techinfo site isn't a bad option if you only want to check out a few things. For the $10 you have access to all of the manuals for all Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
That's nice! If I can down load the whole manual and save it.
The factory manual really can lead anyone can handle a wrench to take the whole car apart and put it back together. Highly recommend buying one ahead of time, heck once you change the timing belt the money you save on labor cost you can buy a lot of tools
Old 05-07-06, 03:45 AM
shaloo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sonyman
Your best bet is the official Lexus repair manual. It goes much more in-depth than anything else out there, as well as covering more topics.

Scott
When I click on this link, it takes me to autotech.com and it covers every car for hundreds of years, so how good can it be. Like Russ, I am looking for a model specific CD or manual that is put out by Toyota and covers my LS. A later post says one will pay $200 clams for the book and one repair pays for it. Can I go to the Lexus dealer and buy the CD/manual from the parts dept or is it listed in the owner's manual??
Old 05-08-06, 10:05 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Carson Toyota and ask for gordon 800-908-6968 or any suppport dealer in this forum for price, it should be cheaper than callyour dealer directly.
Old 05-13-06, 07:13 AM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shaloo
When I click on this link, it takes me to autotech.com and it covers every car for hundreds of years, so how good can it be. Like Russ, I am looking for a model specific CD or manual that is put out by Toyota and covers my LS. A later post says one will pay $200 clams for the book and one repair pays for it. Can I go to the Lexus dealer and buy the CD/manual from the parts dept or is it listed in the owner's manual??
I didn't make that link . This site did that with its advertising keywords. I was referring to the techinfo site or a paperback version.

Scott
Old 01-09-08, 08:43 PM
drdarell
Driver School Candidate

go to https://techinfo.toyota.com/ found it on google. Great site $10 for a day. Works for me!
Old 01-10-08, 01:12 PM
scottmcc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently downloading PDF's for the 2005 LS 430.. IT is not as simple as clicking on the service manual and downloading it. You will have to go into each section and download hundreds of PDF's, while creating your own folder structure and and naming convention so that you will know what the document is as many of them are named WO.pdf..

I have been doing it now for 3 hours and I am almost done.. skipped over alot of stuff too. I created my account today but it looks like it is valid through 1/12/08, so it is more than 24 hours..

If anyone would like something specific in the next 24 hours regarding a document, let me know while my account is still good...

I think I have got my $10 worth...

It was interesting to see some of the Items on the service bulletins..
I will post them after I am done downloading.. quick samples are:

Lexus free reprogramming on electronic shifting problems for 04 05 lexus's up to 80K miles.

New recommendation for tranny fluid and rear differential.

Something about a fix for cars that are pulling to the right or left...
The following users liked this post:
Tnhiker007 (03-09-17)
Old 01-10-08, 01:32 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You have PM scottmcc.
Old 01-11-08, 06:51 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scottmcc

Something about a fix for cars that are pulling to the right or left...
actually my car is doing that now. so i can take it in? but i have airrunner though....