LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Coming back to the LS - JP Exhaust/After MC Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-06, 03:41 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming back to the LS - JP Exhaust/After MC Questions

I tried you guys. I tried to get myself into a BMW but the memories of my last 3 lexus's kept pulling me back. So I guess I just give up.

Here's what i'm looking at:

2002 Onxy Blue (same color as the prussian blue LS's) it's got 68,000 miles. No nav.

Here's a couple of questions:

1. On Car-parts.com I found left and right fenders for a 2004, in addation to 04 hood and 04 headlights for ~$1,400. Is that all that I need in order to convert the headlights to the 04+ headlights?

2. Does anyone know how loud is the JP exhaust? What about the Fabulous Exhaust? They are both around $1,400 which is a very fair price for something like that. I definatily like the dual tip muffler VIP look of those.

3. Does only the ultra luxury come with the fridge in the back behind the rear armrest?

Thanks! After a 6 month hiatus I look forward to getting back to Lexus!
Old 07-22-06, 05:25 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would also like to know if that is all you need for the conversion. I see you are likely to go the VIP route so I suggest you buy an Ultra Luxury LS since it has the fridge and air suspension (which you can adjust via aftermarket controller) not available on other trims. THe package adds about 2 to 3 grand extra to the price. Welcome back and keep us posted with it.
Old 07-22-06, 07:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't know, i wonder if you need the front bumper as well?

personally i dont think it's going to be too loud. i think it's just muffler?

i know for 04+ UL, it has fridge (not fridge, just cool box), but not sure about 01-03?
Old 07-22-06, 07:06 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Welcome back

I think you'll need the front bumper as well.

The ultra luxury version will have a cooler in the back.
Old 07-22-06, 07:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
I think you'll need the front bumper as well.

The ultra luxury version will have a cooler in the back.
cool the master has spoken
Old 07-22-06, 08:34 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Ok thanks for the heads up fellas! I'm excited to be getting back to lexus, is my bi-yearly car swap so I think i'm going back to lexus for sure. I loved my 99 LS so I'm sure this one will be even better.

I'll check out the ultra luxury for sure, I know there's a controller out there that lets you manually adjust the height. I don't know the name of it so I can't search for it, has anyone had success with that?

I have always had my eye on the JP kit/exhaust/ect (but not JP wheels, there are offerings by US companies that I really like. Savini Forged in particular, after all, VIP styling is about expressing your personality thru your car and I am 20" brushed aluminum SV2's :P ) things are different now then they were when I had my GS, i've learned allot of lessons and one of them is if you going to spend the money to mod, do it the way you really want. Cause if you don't then every day you look at the mod and wish it was something else and that's not the felling you should get.

I'm going to try and find a burgundy one with the UL package. I think it just looks way too slick.

Old 07-22-06, 08:43 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

What do you guys think?

or
Old 07-22-06, 11:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it will look good on the ls430 i think, though might not look as classy (probably more on the sporty side imho)
Old 07-23-06, 06:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

They are pretty nice wheels, but personally I won't pick those wheels for the LS430.
Old 07-23-06, 07:14 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

You guys really think they are too sporty?

I mean afterall they are going on the Junction sports kitted LS430.

Honestly I think i'm going to go with that color too, its such a elegant color and the before update LS430s are very japanese elegant. Black and white have been done to the ends of the earth, I think the burgundy (whatever the name of it) with that kit, those wheels, perhaps a BBK *raised eyebrow* will really stand out without standing out in the Junction Produce chrome fender flares/trim and Z3 fenders kind of way.

My buddy just got done with his .:R32 front bumper and now wants a bigger challenge. I told him "make this rear...

Fit this exhaust."

I didn't know they had "sports" or "silent" for options for the exhaust. I assume silent still sounds badass though, anyone know??
Old 07-23-06, 08:00 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

The wheels are whatever but everything else is It will be refreshing to finally see black cherry LS done up vip in the states. Have you found your LS yet?
Old 07-23-06, 09:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well it will probably look better on the jp sport kits, still though, personal taste i say
Old 07-24-06, 03:59 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by IVXX
What do you guys think?

or
Wow, definitely going to follow your new adventure

Regarding the wheel, it doesn't feel like vip material. Looks too much like the 18" option on the 3 series and like the l-sportlines.....but what do I know?

bmw

Old 07-24-06, 04:26 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Hey guys thanks for the imput. I'm getting really excited about this whole project. As for the wheels they aren't VIP but I think that alot of the VIP styles have been done already here (like euroline DH/DZ or Wald D21's) and though they look great I want to go with something new.

VIP style is about personal expression and making the car a reflection of you. So i'm looking for something really classy (hence the black cherry, JP kit, ect.) but sporty at the same time (JP kit again, wheels, BBK) plus I think the brushed aluminum will look really good on this color. I’m going to stick with the original headlights. I think I am going to pull the projector out of the 04+ heads and put it in the stock ones. I mean I gotta do something to them. I never realized how much those do look like the L-tuned wheels, I guess its a good thing right?

I really hope this will all be done by spring so me and my buddy can roll down to the next huge Lexus meet. He’s still 2-3 months from his LS. I guess if the wheels don’t look as good on the LS as I think they will i’ll pawn them off to him haha.

I think i’m going to mold the JP front and rear lip. Does anyone know the paint code for the Black Cherry?

EDIT: If you guys really don't like the SV-2's then what about the SV-3's?

Old 07-25-06, 12:42 AM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IVXX

EDIT: If you guys really don't like the SV-2's then what about the SV-3's?

Of course its up to you but these wheels looks much more fitting on an LS. They look really similar to Auto Couture's Stimulous wheel.

Quick Reply: Coming back to the LS - JP Exhaust/After MC Questions