LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 LS430 ULTRA Suspension Controller...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06 | 08:52 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

It should be the UFC-30/31 diagram...

3 Bolts under the bottom glove box, carefully remove the wood trim above the upper glove box (pry it out carefully). The right side vent needs to be only unclipped from the top and bottom..do NOT remove the entire vent, just the trim itself has 2 clips on top and 2 in the bottom. (Use a pick-tool to unclip the vent).

3 Bolts with phillips head behind the wood trim and then remove the entire glove box out...you will then see the CPU for the air suspension behind it.

Good luck..

Mike
Old 10-12-06 | 02:18 PM
rgchevy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLIPPU

3 Bolts under the bottom glove box, carefully remove the wood trim above the upper glove box (pry it out carefully). The right side vent needs to be only unclipped from the top and bottom..do NOT remove the entire vent, just the trim itself has 2 clips on top and 2 in the bottom. (Use a pick-tool to unclip the vent).

3 Bolts with phillips head behind the wood trim and then remove the entire glove box out...you will then see the CPU for the air suspension behind it.

Good luck..

Mike
Thanks Flippu... Do you happen to know if there is a english version of the instruction for the RSPEC data controller? I see that there are so many functions it can do, but i'm scared to press the buttons if i don't know what its going to do.
Old 10-12-06 | 02:23 PM
rgchevy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLIPPU

Good luck..

Mike
Thanks Flippu... Do you happen to know if there is a english version of the instruction for the RSPEC data controller? I see that there are so many functions it can do, but i'm scared to press the buttons if i don't know what its going to do.
Old 10-12-06 | 04:12 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rgchevy1
As far as I know, only Japanese is available..you can maybe have someone translate it for you...I have the same issues. I just use the Memory funtion to lower the car when I park and a different setting for daily driving and one setting for going up BIG BUMPS..

Mike
Old 10-17-06 | 11:59 AM
Shenroq5
Rookie

I have another question. I know you don't get instant height adjustability as a full all out air system like runner. What is the response time after you push the button for the height to be where you want it to be?
Old 10-17-06 | 01:35 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

I always give myself a good 2 minutes to do anything really...going up or down.

Sometimes when I know that I will have a level road ahead, i can just set the controller for normal ride height and star driving..byt the time I hit bad roads, I will already be in the "riding height" setting.

Mike
Old 10-17-06 | 03:37 PM
Shenroq5
Rookie

Oh man. Thanks alot for helping us out. I'm sure I will run into some problems installing it. I'm still waiting for it. My car looks like a truck right now...

Thanks for the write up and all the help mike.

Last edited by Shenroq5; 11-04-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-17-06 | 04:20 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

No Problem man...

The car looks SICK with the kit and the chopped look...I know you will enjoy your new toy once you have the capability of lowering/raising it on demand (albeit not as fast as Air Runners )!!

If you were close by, i could definitely help you out. I know when juniorEXE bought my controller, I helped out a little bit and he has the same model style as yours..I used to have your body style before I upgraded.

I'm in Ventura County BTW 93003 if you need some help.

BTW, not that you replaced your bumpers, are you going to incorporate the Laser Cruise Control and the Parking Sensors? I love my Cruise Control and miss it A LOT since I put on my front lip.

Mike

P.S.
Your car looks like a 2001-2003 Model year so you should NOT have to extend the wire any..your controller should be the one with ONLY 3 Plugs and goes behind the glove box and NOT under the steering column..

Last edited by FLIPPU; 10-17-06 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-17-06 | 04:39 PM
Shenroq5
Rookie

Yes I will have to incorporate the parking sensors because it always beeps when i come to a stop. I'm not too worried about the cruise control since i hardly even know how to use it.

That's good to know that i dont have to do much for the controller. Under the glove box it is then .
Old 10-17-06 | 04:42 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shenroq5

That's good to know that i dont have to do much for the controller. Under the glove box it is then .
It's actually "BEHIND" the glove box and not under..you will need to REMOVE the entire glove box to get to it for easy plugging in...It' s almost impossible to do it without removing the glove box unless you are PLASTIC MAN...

Mike
Old 10-18-06 | 04:03 PM
Shenroq5
Rookie

ok. thanks for the heads up. doesnt sound too complicated.
Old 10-31-06 | 11:34 AM
Shenroq5
Rookie

Hey Mike,

I just installed my controller last night. Pretty straightforward. I have a few questions for you!

1. Where did you place your controller after the installation?

2. I don't know if it's just my car or all ls430's, but the front seems to be always higher than the rear even with a balanced setting (for ex. set at 9 all around). I can never get that "dumped" look in the front. Also, I can adjust the left and right of the front wheels to have different heights, but I cant do that with the rears. Is that how it is or am I not utilizing all the functions?
Old 11-01-06 | 01:22 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Shenroq5 - Your car looks awesome
Old 11-01-06 | 06:04 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

your car is sick shenroq

I just left the controller in the bottom glovebox. As for the settings, the rear is way higher than the front. A difference of 3 or 4 between the front and back settings looks even. I roll around with 6 front 3 rear
Old 11-03-06 | 09:34 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shenroq5
Hey Mike,

I just installed my controller last night. Pretty straightforward. I have a few questions for you!

1. Where did you place your controller after the installation?

- Since mine is an 04+ Version, I was able to place it under the steering wheel column..just used the supplied bracket and screwed it in place...need to secure it some more.

2. I don't know if it's just my car or all ls430's, but the front seems to be always higher than the rear even with a balanced setting (for ex. set at 9 all around). I can never get that "dumped" look in the front. Also, I can adjust the left and right of the front wheels to have different heights, but I cant do that with the rears. Is that how it is or am I not utilizing all the functions?

- The front suspensions are usually set-up so it has more clearance than the rears..that is just the way they are set-up. Although I am hearing about this bracket that you can get/fabricate for maximum drop on the front suspension. As soon as I "experiment" with this so called bracket, I am going to have to be content with what I have at the moment.

Good luck and happy riding...

Mike

Quick Reply: 04 LS430 ULTRA Suspension Controller...