LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 LS430 ULTRA Suspension Controller...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-06, 12:49 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 LS430 ULTRA Suspension Controller...

Does anybody in this Forum have an 04 LS430 Ultra with the Air Suspension Controller Datasystem ASC680 installed?

I bought one from Carson Toyota and I supplied the VIN NUMBER so they can get the correct HARNESS PLUG, but it doesn't fit!!!

It seems like Carson Toyota does not even want to take the Items back and give me a refund...They suggest that I SELL them...to WHO??? so they can have a NONE WORKING controller?? They claim that they sell SOME of these units quite a bit...yet I AM the ONLY one that cannot plug the harness in!

I will take PHOTOS of this unit and the harness later today and post them..

You tell me if you think this will fit...

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-16-06, 02:16 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats awful news. I hope it does fit somewhere, and if not, that carson toyota will rectify their mistake. Selling it to some one else knowing its not going to fit is unethical.

Good luck bro
Old 09-16-06, 04:58 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

tell me about it Davin...

They will have a visit from me next week since i will be in Torrance ALL WEEK...

Mike
Old 09-27-06, 02:31 PM
Shenroq5
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was trying to order one from Carson, but they are holding back because they are trying to resolve the issue. They feel the harness was mispackaged and they want to make sure their next units will work correctly. So instead of waiting, I had them ordered directly from Japan myself. The price difference is minimal. I just didnt want to wait
Old 09-28-06, 11:06 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shenroq5
I was trying to order one from Carson, but they are holding back because they are trying to resolve the issue. They feel the harness was mispackaged and they want to make sure their next units will work correctly. So instead of waiting, I had them ordered directly from Japan myself. The price difference is minimal. I just didnt want to wait
After much research and help from Mike (LEXKOST), I was able to talk to a guy (Mark) who had the same controller on his 04+ car. Apparently the MANUAL directions are WRONG!, the harness does NOT go behind the glove box. The AIR SUSPENSION computer is UNDER the DRIVER SIDE steering wheel.

There are 4 PLUGS total for the kit, 3 (MAIN PLUGS) GOES under the steering wheel computer marked (AIR SUSPENSION) and 1 BLUE PLUG (1 WIRE) that has to be extended (cut/sodered or crimped) to reach all the way across and plugged into a blue plug BEHIND the Glove box.

Mark, the guy I talked to about this said that HIS controller never worked and caused the NAV SYSTEM to freeze or blow the NAV SYSTEM fuse.

So far, my NAV system is doing fine and no issues whatsoever. Also the controller HAS TO BE plugged in or your AFS (Headlight controller) will blink. Make sure to unplug the battery BEFORE any work is done to avoid shorting anything.

Now I am BACk in business with a working controller..thanks to MIKE (LEXKOST) for the info, TED ( Dynamic Auto ) for the manual lowering involving the Sensor Rod and Poyet (V8-Aristo) for the Initial Lowering.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-29-06, 03:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Glad you got it all rectified, and I swear it must be a omen with all lowering modules, when we ordered the one for the CGT the instructions were also ALL WRONG!

Did you add wheels yet or just the lowering?
Old 09-29-06, 04:16 PM
rgchevy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
After much research and help from Mike (LEXKOST), I was able to talk to a guy (Mark) who had the same controller on his 04+ car. Apparently the MANUAL directions are WRONG!, the harness does NOT go behind the glove box. The AIR SUSPENSION computer is UNDER the DRIVER SIDE steering wheel.

There are 4 PLUGS total for the kit, 3 (MAIN PLUGS) GOES under the steering wheel computer marked (AIR SUSPENSION) and 1 BLUE PLUG (1 WIRE) that has to be extended (cut/sodered or crimped) to reach all the way across and plugged into a blue plug BEHIND the Glove box.

Mark, the guy I talked to about this said that HIS controller never worked and caused the NAV SYSTEM to freeze or blow the NAV SYSTEM fuse.

So far, my NAV system is doing fine and no issues whatsoever. Also the controller HAS TO BE plugged in or your AFS (Headlight controller) will blink. Make sure to unplug the battery BEFORE any work is done to avoid shorting anything.

Now I am BACk in business with a working controller..thanks to MIKE (LEXKOST) for the info, TED ( Dynamic Auto ) for the manual lowering involving the Sensor Rod and Poyet (V8-Aristo) for the Initial Lowering.

Thanks
Mike

Hello,

I am expecting the controller from Luiz at Carson Toyota...hopefully sometime soon. My question is do you think i will have the same problem with my 2003 Ultra Luxury LS 430? or is this something with just the 2004's?

Thanks
Old 09-29-06, 04:21 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

I think the 2001-2003 models are the "Before Minor Change" models, so you should just be plug/play behind the glove box...

Good luck

Mike
Old 09-29-06, 04:22 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Glad you got it all rectified, and I swear it must be a omen with all lowering modules, when we ordered the one for the CGT the instructions were also ALL WRONG!

Did you add wheels yet or just the lowering?
tell me about it....

I have 19's AME Shallens right now, but will be upgrading to 20's AME's in a month or 2...

Thanks
Mike
Old 10-02-06, 06:48 AM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Damm, it sounds like a BIATCH to install the controller on the 04+ models I'm glad the 01-03 models are plug-n-play
Old 10-02-06, 08:45 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Celsius
Damm, it sounds like a BIATCH to install the controller on the 04+ models I'm glad the 01-03 models are plug-n-play

It is STILL Plug - n - Play really...just need to extend one wire tot he glove box and the rest just plugs in under the steering wheel...It is almost double the work for the 04+ than my 01...

MIke
Old 10-03-06, 08:55 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

now lets see some pics!
Old 10-03-06, 09:47 PM
Shenroq5
Rookie

about how long of an extension are we talking about here? 3 ft? I want to get that done before i try putting it in.
Old 10-03-06, 11:39 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

all the way from the left side to the right side..so about ~5 feet...
Old 10-11-06, 08:34 PM
rgchevy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
I think the 2001-2003 models are the "Before Minor Change" models, so you should just be plug/play behind the glove box...

Good luck

Mike
Okay guys the RSPec controller and harness that i ordered from Carson Toyota just arrived at my home today. Can you guys veryfy if i got the right harness? Everything is in chinese or japanese? I can't tell if they gave me the right harness. The box says H-087D UCF31 H12.9~H15.7. Sorry i'm can't be more precise but that is the only thing that i can read. Also looking at the instructions it shows instructions for different vehicle and i don't know which one is for mine (2003 LS430 Ultra Luxury package)

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 04 LS430 ULTRA Suspension Controller...