LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I just installed a Viastech SLI and an Ultimate Lockpick..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 03:32 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cd player busted

after receiving my vais ipod adapter as an early xmas present, my cd player no longer works. it wont eject or play. it says "cd error"

anyone else experience this?
Old 12-23-07, 10:09 PM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My suggestion is to read up on the Vaistech forums. My guess is that maybe it hasn't been programmed properly, or needs to be re-flashed.
Old 12-24-07, 09:46 AM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you know how i would be able to reflash it?
Old 01-05-08, 01:01 PM
WJALTD
Driver School Candidate

Did someone reply to your question about the Vaistech and Lockpick working in your 2002 LS 430? I have an '02 as well and am very curious.

Thanks,

Vince
Old 01-05-08, 05:09 PM
spender
Driver

I just installed my Vaistech SLi2 today, and all I can say is WOW! It's great when products work exactly as promoted/promised! Highly recommended!
Old 02-03-08, 11:53 AM
steveaus
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to all who have documented their experiences.

I've got a 2004 LS 430.

Any idea how the SL2i interacts with an iPhone? Will it play it like a music player and then run calls through it as well?

Thanks!

Steve
Old 04-08-08, 06:06 AM
JMIG118
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by steveaus
Thanks to all who have documented their experiences.

I've got a 2004 LS 430.

Any idea how the SL2i interacts with an iPhone? Will it play it like a music player and then run calls through it as well?

Thanks!

Steve
I have the same question, would like to use it on an iphone, would would it work and not fry my iphone??
Old 09-09-08, 10:02 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Sparky, just wanted to thank you for posting this review. I had both the lockpick and sli installed (plus valentine one hardwired to mirror power) yesterday on my 05 Ultra, works great!
well you guys all know im new here and i was browsing the forum and wondering if anyone has any photos of a valentine hardwired. i have one and wouldn't really know where to mount the unit iteslf. i have a v1 and the discreet screen mod sitting in the box ready to go. just curious what all you guys did with ur valentines.
Old 05-05-09, 04:20 PM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just became aware of an alternative to Vais Tech and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Its called USA Spec and is supposed to do everything the other one does. Here's a link.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?Produ...eShowProduct=1

I have a guy who will do both cars for $700 no tx and he has done quite a few of them. Apparently this unit came out earlier this year so was wondering if you've heard of it before I go ahead and have it done.
Old 07-06-09, 06:54 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky3

Here's the Ipod in the glove compartment. Sorry about the fingerprints! It's wedged in there enough that it'd never move while driving, but I can still pull it out to update it.

If you pop out the shelving in the glove compartment, you'll notice an access panel for the cabin filter. Right above the filter is a small slot that I wiggled the Vaistech Ipod cable through (I used a screwdriver to temporarily make the hold wide enough to fit through). I can still re-fit the shelving without any problems, and IMO it's a good place for the Ipod. I titled the Ipod over for the sake of this picture. You could face the ipod the other way if you're concerned about your friends finding it and borrowing it - it's barely noticeable in there!

This is the default mode of the Vaistech, which displays Title and Song Name. The next two pictures are after I've hit the "Disc Rand" button

Notice the display has now switched from "Song Name" to "Artist Name"

Notice the display has now switched from "Artist Name" to "Album Name"

This is what it looks like on Playlist 5 with Titles off.

This is what it looks like on Playlist 13 with Titles off.

This last part is something I'm going to re-implement with all my songs. There's a program out there that's free named EPHPOD (http://www.ephpod.com/) that works about 100 times better than Itunes. It has an option that allows you to add the year of the song automatically to the title, which will display above on your Ipod (character limited, of course).

Anyway, if anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or post a reply. I'm very impressed by this VAIStech unit!
You aren't really limited to just having the name of the artist listed under DISC. If you name your iTunes Playlist as "Artist - Name of Album" you get both and below that the name of each song will display. If you do your Playlist in that manner it will display them alphabetically. Your choice as to whether first or last name listing. I chose first name.

Last edited by jayclapp; 07-06-09 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-10, 09:45 AM
raffles
Driver School Candidate

This was a really good write up, sadly all I have are red x's where pics would be...anyone know how to overcome this.