LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Forced induction LS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-07, 01:24 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Forced induction LS430

Anyone in here with a forced induction ls430 ?
Old 04-12-07, 12:00 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havn't seen any post about that on here yet. Sounds like fun though. I would never put into risk the reliability of an LS with an SC or turbo, but i'd like to see some other chump thats done it!

I'm curious about your signature....what happened with the tranny?
Old 04-12-07, 07:00 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigcory
I havn't seen any post about that on here yet. Sounds like fun though. I would never put into risk the reliability of an LS with an SC or turbo, but i'd like to see some other chump thats done it!

I'm curious about your signature....what happened with the tranny?
I just may be the chump who fully builds the v8 and boost's the *ish out of it

The sig, was for my gixxer. Course now the bikes go over 100mph in first and still have 5 gears left.
Old 04-12-07, 08:22 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blitz makes a Twin Charger for the LS430... But I do not know if they ever made it Stateside.

Mike
Old 04-12-07, 08:40 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FLIPPU
Blitz makes a Twin Charger for the LS430... But I do not know if they ever made it Stateside.

Mike
Toms has one too http://www.oguraclutch.co.jp/english...sc/sc_toms.htm

I want to hear about someone whos done it
Old 04-12-07, 08:53 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

its like 11k for just a supercharger, anyone running a forced inducted LS has to be a big BAWLER!
Old 04-12-07, 09:05 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

^I do everything myself. For 11k I could have one hell of a system. Im lookin at 3k in turbo & misc parts and another 3k for the bottom end parts (rods/pistons) Maybe 2k for engine managment (thats being very generous) assuming that you couldnt get the stock setup tuned properly with the OBDII
Then im sure the stock trans wont hold that kind of power so that leaves 3k for some sort of trans upgrade or swap.
Old 04-12-07, 10:43 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twojayzee
^I do everything myself. For 11k I could have one hell of a system. Im lookin at 3k in turbo & misc parts and another 3k for the bottom end parts (rods/pistons) Maybe 2k for engine managment (thats being very generous) assuming that you couldnt get the stock setup tuned properly with the OBDII
Then im sure the stock trans wont hold that kind of power so that leaves 3k for some sort of trans upgrade or swap.
I know that our trannies hold up to about 550 whp. Given that the toms supercharger puts this to the wheel without any tranny mods. Let me know what you have in store, I might be able to help you out. Turboing the LS sounds like a great idea, ive been wanting to do this for a while now. I am still focused on the exterior of my car, after my paint and kit is done I am looking into adding some horse to my big body beast by the end of the year
Old 04-12-07, 10:56 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by racinstyle
I know that our trannies hold up to about 550 whp. Given that the toms supercharger puts this to the wheel without any tranny mods. Let me know what you have in store, I might be able to help you out. Turboing the LS sounds like a great idea, ive been wanting to do this for a while now. I am still focused on the exterior of my car, after my paint and kit is done I am looking into adding some horse to my big body beast by the end of the year
Ill look into the trannys. The toms setup only puts out 350 at the tire. So lets say 410 ish~ at the fly. Im not sure if I would twin or single it though.
The anderson sc430TT makes some crazy power...hmmm
Old 04-12-07, 01:11 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Ill look into the trannys. The toms setup only puts out 350 at the tire. So lets say 410 ish~ at the fly. Im not sure if I would twin or single it though.
The anderson sc430TT makes some crazy power...hmmm
it only puts out 350? I could have sworn I saw a dyno of one putting 550 to the wheel. This might have been with some internals?
Old 04-20-07, 12:43 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the LS430 running the exact same engine config as the SC430? If so, a shop one block from my work just put in a SuperCharger in a SC430. I'll go ask what the cost set up is if our LS is the same as SC.
Old 04-20-07, 01:37 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

yea the ls is the same setup as the sc. See if you can get some pix and specifics for us.
So far the anderson SC430 is the only fully built SC/LS430 that ive seen.
Im not down to bolt on a kit. Its all or nothing for me.
Cant wait to see Cowboybebop's setup in motion !
Old 04-20-07, 01:57 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Just called them. It was a Luxury Motorworks Super Charger. The labor for the install was $3,400. Customer supplied the SC kit. Without tweaking, it put out 300whp. They said it needs to be tweeked and can get a bit more. I was kind of disappointed to hear that the numbers weren't alot higher, at least in the 400+ range. They did not recommend this kit as they said it was not thought out right in many aspects. He mentioned another company has a turbo kit that is much better, but I personally perfer a SC vs a Turbo. The car is not there for any images but when it comes back for the tweek, I'll run over there with my camera and snap a few to post here.
Old 04-20-07, 02:10 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by airtime
Just called them. It was a Luxury Motorworks Super Charger. The labor for the install was $3,400. Customer supplied the SC kit. Without tweaking, it put out 300whp. They said it needs to be tweeked and can get a bit more. I was kind of disappointed to hear that the numbers weren't alot higher, at least in the 400+ range. They did not recommend this kit as they said it was not thought out right in many aspects. He mentioned another company has a turbo kit that is much better, but I personally perfer a SC vs a Turbo. The car is not there for any images but when it comes back for the tweek, I'll run over there with my camera and snap a few to post here.
That must have been an older kit ? I didnt think LMS offered a kit anymore. But about 340 ish HP is what I would expect from a bolt on kit.
Old 08-03-07, 06:54 PM
bluegsx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anderson Performance worked on my single turbo Supra at one point Nice and talented guys...that turbo SC430 was a work of art. I would love to see a supercharged LS in person, the Tom's video looks MEAN.

I had the TRD supercharger on my 96 4Runner (actually ran mid-high 15's in the 1/4mi... 9.7 in the 1/8mi) and I fully planned on getting the TRD sc for my 2005 4Runner V8 Sport awd, but TRD pulled sale of the supercharger and doesn't offer it anymore I read that the earlier V8's had stronger internals than newer V8's and that the newer V8s cant handle much more power than stock...something about the thickness of some internal parts getting thinner in the newer ones.

Quick Reply: Forced induction LS430