LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Funny story about exhaust with a serious question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 03:29 PM
KINGLS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny story about exhaust with a serious question

Now that i think i have the wheel issue squared away i pulled up to my dorm the other day where my friend is taking summer classes he hasn't seen the new car yet so i told him i would take him for a spin. He jumps in now mind you he is from mississippi. we drive around and he loves it. So he asks me what u gonna do to it i know u never leave a car stock. so i explained to him the wheels and tints and all that and then he goes comon man what about exhaust. I go well ive been thinking about it but i don't know what way to go. SO he says dude just put the new flowmaster 455 series on it......... I was like what? he's like yeah man like on ur truck throw them on this it would sound great. I NEARLY PISSED MY PANTS LAUGHING.....

But the serious question is if i do decide to do anything all it will be is cuting out the exhisting mufflers and installing new ones i will probably want to give it some kind of rece burner sound given that it is a lexus and it is a japanese automobile but im not sure what burner mufflers on a V8 would sound like. Sugestions welcome.
Old 05-28-07, 07:10 PM
OBXTucker
Driver

IS: Definitely upgrade the exhaust
GS: Maybe upgrade the exhaust
LS: DON'T TOUCH THE EXHAUST!! You've been spending too much time with your friend from Mississippeee.....
Old 05-28-07, 08:07 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2...... I'm kind of questioning some of your recent LS decisions. BUT.. to each his own..

Just remember… it’s not a Honda or a Nissan… It’s a Lexus

Old 05-28-07, 08:42 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Though putting on a new stainless exhaust might sound good no doubt with the V8, I would think you bought it for its quietness. However, its your car and you would know best what you want.
Old 05-28-07, 11:26 PM
KINGLS430
Pole Position

But thats the point guys no one has really ever touched the exhaust on the LS 430 so y not try somthing new i was just wondering if anyone had a sugestion as to what type of mufflerto use i not gonna hop on it right away but i am shopping around for somthing to give it a little more growl. For example like a g 35 sound or a WRX sound somthing like that.

And ironcobra i know that some of my recent decisions in modding my LS-430 has brought some frowns to the faces of the people on this forum but im not here to be like evreyone else i want my LS to be diffrent cause thats just the way i am i look to this forum for guidance puroses only to see if theres anyone else out there with the same ideas but maybe never followed up on them.

Last edited by KINGLS430; 05-28-07 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-29-07, 12:00 AM
KINGLS430
Pole Position

Maybe somthing like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7iUa...elated&search=
Old 05-29-07, 07:14 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KINGLS430
But thats the point guys no one has really ever touched the exhaust on the LS 430 so y not try somthing new i was just wondering if anyone had a sugestion as to what type of mufflerto use i not gonna hop on it right away but i am shopping around for somthing to give it a little more growl. For example like a g 35 sound or a WRX sound somthing like that.

And ironcobra i know that some of my recent decisions in modding my LS-430 has brought some frowns to the faces of the people on this forum but im not here to be like evreyone else i want my LS to be diffrent cause thats just the way i am i look to this forum for guidance puroses only to see if theres anyone else out there with the same ideas but maybe never followed up on them.
My only objections with your decisions are based on my own "opinions". I "personally" find it in bad taste to make a large Lux sedan (LS430) sound like a entry level Sport Sedan and Coupe (G35, WRX).

If that's what you're going for, then do what you like. It's your car, I'm not trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. If you are out to impress only yourself then do whatever you want. I would think that MOST CL members, especially the OGs, would find it very distasteful to make the LS exhaust sound like a G35 or WRX (especially given the fact that they are not V8s).

Again, remember you aren’t driving a WRX or a G35, you are driving a car that is designed for more of a professional level person that costs more than a WRX AND G35 new.

Your car bro.
Old 05-29-07, 07:54 AM
KINGLS430
Pole Position

Point taken but let me ask this what do toms aftermarket exhausts sound like are they as quiet as the stock exhaust. Because i know some people in this forum definetly have it and what kind of sound do you guys reccmend to remain classy but give it a little somthing

Last edited by KINGLS430; 05-29-07 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-29-07, 08:11 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Point taken but let me ask this what do toms aftermarket exhausts sound like are they as quiet as the stock exhaust. Because i know some people in this forum definetly have it and what kind of sound do you guys reccmend to remain classy but give it a little somthing
I would say go for L-Tuned Exhaust. I'm not familiar with any of the others.
Old 05-29-07, 11:15 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I always like the MagnaFlow mufflers. Even though they don't list the Lexus, I'm sure you can measure for fitment on their site. They even have sound clips of their muffler. I've got Magnaflow for my Audi A6 and it gives a nice low rumble when floored but during normal driving, you could hardly tell.