LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

clear taillight for 01-03

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-08, 05:52 AM
j4x0n
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh ****! so basically we juss need one more set to take that warning sign off??? i only got one set of resister also... fawkk -_- drwchicago, lemme know if you are able to get it fixed. that'll be some great news!!!!
Old 05-03-08, 02:06 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, but your set would also need the connector pins built in so they can be easily connected, unless you guys are familiar with the wiring and voltage stuff.

Originally Posted by DRWChicago
Yup, I only have one set of resisters...I'll have to give them a call to get a new, updated set!

-rob
Originally Posted by j4x0n
oh ****! so basically we juss need one more set to take that warning sign off??? i only got one set of resister also... fawkk -_- drwchicago, lemme know if you are able to get it fixed. that'll be some great news!!!!
Old 05-03-08, 02:13 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

after getting very little help via private message, it looks like it's confirmed - the new sets are an actual FIX for the tail lamp failure light.

It looks like the original two resistors that came with the initial sets were not adequate enough. IMO the manufacturers thought only 1 resistor would be enough for both the upper and lower portion of the trunk attached LED's, only to realize it was not.

the upper and lower portions of the LED's attached to quarter panel both have their own individual resistors, you don't see it because they are inside. They are able to keep them inside because the quarter body attached LED housing is much bigger than the trunk attached led housings.
Old 05-04-08, 05:40 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

yeah, i too would like to know if they will fix these (1st gen) versions.
Old 05-22-08, 08:50 PM
bluegsx
Rookie

if someone who got 4 resistors would measure the resistance of the 4 resistors, i dont mind making some for people
Old 05-28-08, 07:12 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bluegsx
if someone who got 4 resistors would measure the resistance of the 4 resistors, i dont mind making some for people
That's what I was thinking. Someone should measure the resistance. It's not hard to make a resistor box, it's just a quick trip to Radio Shack.
Old 05-28-08, 08:25 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

just an update on these awesome tail lights, so far no problems, no warning lights, no water leaks. just plain works good.
Old 05-29-08, 05:25 PM
bluegsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSoup
That's what I was thinking. Someone should measure the resistance. It's not hard to make a resistor box, it's just a quick trip to Radio Shack.
Yep...if no one wants to measure the resistors, I'll just figure it out on my own...I'll be sure to post what the resistance is and/or how to make your own from Radio Shack items
Old 05-29-08, 06:56 PM
j4x0n
Rookie

daaang, if someone can really find a fix for this (instead of buying a new pair of tailights), i would be reallly happy!!
Old 05-29-08, 07:59 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

is this something i could do on my own.. im 17 years old and mechanik savy but i suck when it comes to wiring!!

mike you think you can do a write up on them with some pictures? thanks a lot!!
Old 05-30-08, 06:29 AM
bluegsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by j4x0n
daaang, if someone can really find a fix for this (instead of buying a new pair of tailights), i would be reallly happy!!
I've had mine for months with no problem, then the top lights on the trunk (inner) stopped lighting after a little bit of driving. The lights are fine (manually giving them 12v) but the resistance isnt right so apparently the car cuts power to them. What is funny is that when the car sits for a day or two without me driving it, they work fine for a while until the car cuts them off again *haha*

Anyway, I really do not want to exchange the entire set because these look great, i know all the leds work, and i know they dont leak...i dont want to take the chance with a new set

I'll make my own resistance packs and post how to make your own (or I'll make some and send them to people)
Old 05-30-08, 08:48 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

what do u mean ? so does that mean id doesn't work ? if it doesn't work then why are u using it ?

Originally Posted by bluegsx
I've had mine for months with no problem, then the top lights on the trunk (inner) stopped lighting after a little bit of driving. )
Old 05-30-08, 08:50 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I wish some of u had chimed in when I was asking for help and questions about the resistors when I was installing them. There was a good handful of u that knew what was going on with the resistors.

I could have measured the resistors during the install and would have made it a lot easier.

it's all installed now and it's a pita to take it out again.
Old 05-30-08, 08:52 AM
bluegsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikemareen
what do u mean ? so does that mean id doesn't work ? if it doesn't work then why are u using it ?
I'm not sure i understand what u mean?? what are you saying "doesn't work"?

I was just saying that with the 1 resistor per side, my upper/inner lights cut off after a bit of driving. The rest of the lights work fine. I will make a separate resistor pack so I can have 2 per side like the newer packs are coming with.
Old 05-30-08, 08:55 AM
bluegsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikemareen
I wish some of u had chimed in when I was asking for help and questions about the resistors when I was installing them....
no biggie...I havent kept up with this thread lately so I wasnt aware the new sets came with 4 resistors...I'm familiar with resistors/wiring so its not a big deal for me to make my own

Quick Reply: clear taillight for 01-03