Air suspension sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-07, 07:32 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Senior Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Win_Huynh
so you only need to adjust one side for the front and one side for the rear??
I'm sooo lost right now, we need a DIY with pics STAT! lol
There is a thread on here with pics. there are 4 sensors, two in the front, and two in the rear. Commonly found on UL models is the front is unusually higher, also, you will notice the driver side on the entire car is higher.

I have adjusted my sensors so that the front and rear are much more in line with the other. Also the driver, and passenger side.
Old 09-21-07, 09:07 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same kind of questions before. Here is a snapshot of the front adjustment. You don't need to remove your wheels, just turn your steering wheel all the way one way to do one side, then turn all the way to the other way for the other side. This will allow you to reach in and do the adjustment. There is a nut right above the threaded rod, 10mm. Unloosen the nut and you will be able to twist the rod with your finger to just sensor up or down. There is also another nut on the bottom of the rod so you need to loosen that one also. Normally, it would sit in the #2 position. If you get it to #1, you car will be lowered. #3, higher. I don't have an image for the rear but its really easy to find. Depending if you are a large guy or not, you should be able to slide under on your back and reach the adjustment fairly easy. Loosen the 10mm nut and slide the flat bar down to lower and up to raise. Note: You will have to wait aprox 1min for the car to level out with the engine running. You will hear an air compressor kick in near the front right part of the engine compartment if I recall and magically, you will see the car go up or down depending on your setting. Good Luck.

Old 09-21-07, 02:56 PM
Kubo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome job guys! This should help out a lot.
Old 11-06-07, 06:18 AM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

just noticed that the driver side is higher... why is that?? and the rear is lower.. funny how you just mentioned that. lol any explanation?

Jimmy

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
There is a thread on here with pics. there are 4 sensors, two in the front, and two in the rear. Commonly found on UL models is the front is unusually higher, also, you will notice the driver side on the entire car is higher.

I have adjusted my sensors so that the front and rear are much more in line with the other. Also the driver, and passenger side.
Old 11-15-07, 01:39 PM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want to lower the vehicle- You want to reduce the rod length by screwing the ends so that the sensor drops thinking that the wheel is too low so that it will being it back in by deflating that shock.
Old 11-21-07, 07:44 AM
GLEB888
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem with my LS430UL.
My front gap was about 4" and my rear driver side was 2" and rear pass. side was 1.5".
I took it to the dealer. On the first day, they told me that all sensors were working fine.
On the third day they told me my rear sensors were not communicating good with the controller unit.
I maid the stupid decision and replace them. I spend $1200 and it is still the same. What should i do?
Old 11-21-07, 09:41 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Senior Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GLEB888
I had the same problem with my LS430UL.
My front gap was about 4" and my rear driver side was 2" and rear pass. side was 1.5".
I took it to the dealer. On the first day, they told me that all sensors were working fine.
On the third day they told me my rear sensors were not communicating good with the controller unit.
I maid the stupid decision and replace them. I spend $1200 and it is still the same. What should i do?
First I would have the dealer tell you what difference they have made. IF nothing, to refund you, and return it to its previous state. If they refuse, at least take the sensors with you.

Then adjust them per info here at home.
Old 11-23-07, 10:00 AM
ivan67
Driver School Candidate

I followed the instructions and was able to adjust the height of the vehicle to the specks that I want but now I am getting a warning that my headlight adjustment is off? I have looked hard ard checked the threads on how to adjust the headlights but can not find the phillips head screw people are referring to, all is see is a 10mm bolt which does allow me to adjust the headlight but I still get the error message no matter how much I adjust the headlights. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks
Old 11-23-07, 01:28 PM
ivan67
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ivan67
I followed the instructions and was able to adjust the height of the vehicle to the specks that I want but now I am getting a warning that my headlight adjustment is off? I have looked hard ard checked the threads on how to adjust the headlights but can not find the phillips head screw people are referring to, all is see is a 10mm bolt which does allow me to adjust the headlight but I still get the error message no matter how much I adjust the headlights. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks
Never mind I figured it out. When I did the adjustment of the rear Height adjustment I loosened the top bolt accidentally and it caused the height sensor so malfunction which then caused the headlight level warning to show up. I brought it to the dealer and they told me I needed to have the height sensor replaced for approx 550 dollars, I declined, came home and realigned the bold I had accidentally moved and the light went off.
Old 04-20-08, 09:21 AM
vedro
Driver

I have 04 ls430 UL does anyone have the step by step instructions to reset the suspension. My rear seems to be 4 or 5 inches higher then usual. When i drive it the car is bouncing and there is no flex in the suspension it is rock solid. Please help.