LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Wheel adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-07 | 06:09 PM
wiedemann
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Wheel adjustment

I recently bought a new set of tires from my Lexus dealer and requested a complete wheel alignment. The dealer called me and advised that they could not align the wheels to factory specs because the left rear camber bar was bent and they charged me for it. Since I had the car towed to Lexus I assumed that the towing company had hooked the car improperly and that they were the cause of the damage. I called Lexus Road Assist, they referred it to AAA, they in turn referred it to an independent towing company. I complained to Lexus, they referred me to AAA. After weeks of hassle AAA showed up at my door (2 men) and informed me that they had just seen the dealer and that they were advised that the bar was not bent but that Lexus made 3 versions of this bar, a long, a medium and a short.So there really was no damage. Lexus either delivered a car which was not aligned properly, or my dealer, Lexus of Las Vegas, pulled a fast one. So far neither the dealer nor Lexus has come forth and admitted fault. I personally feel that this was a warranty problem. Unfortunately I am out $ 343.67, for which I still expect to be reimbursed. Any ideas on how to proceed, short of small claims court.
Old 09-09-07 | 06:25 PM
eyft23
Driver

Angry

Originally Posted by wiedemann
I recently bought a new set of tires from my Lexus dealer and requested a complete wheel alignment. The dealer called me and advised that they could not align the wheels to factory specs because the left rear camber bar was bent and they charged me for it. Since I had the car towed to Lexus I assumed that the towing company had hooked the car improperly and that they were the cause of the damage. I called Lexus Road Assist, they referred it to AAA, they in turn referred it to an independent towing company. I complained to Lexus, they referred me to AAA. After weeks of hassle AAA showed up at my door (2 men) and informed me that they had just seen the dealer and that they were advised that the bar was not bent but that Lexus made 3 versions of this bar, a long, a medium and a short.So there really was no damage. Lexus either delivered a car which was not aligned properly, or my dealer, Lexus of Las Vegas, pulled a fast one. So far neither the dealer nor Lexus has come forth and admitted fault. I personally feel that this was a warranty problem. Unfortunately I am out $ 343.67, for which I still expect to be reimbursed. Any ideas on how to proceed, short of small claims court.
like you said, lexus does sell 3 different types of rear bars, because there is no way to adjust camber on an ls430 in the rear. the only way to get the wheel straight is to buy a new camber bar. the only thing that can be done for the alignment is the toe. thats what the local alignment shop told me. also i have a friend that works at lexus and he said the same thing. too bad that they had to lie to you to get an upsale for the service advisor, and that he can get commission for the upsale along with the mechanic.
Old 09-10-07 | 06:19 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Why did you have the car towed? Can't you drive the car there? Did you hit something to have it towed to the dealer?

I don't buy tire from car dealer... unless it's a dealer item only.
Old 09-14-07 | 09:17 AM
wiedemann
Driver School Candidate

Default Wheel Alignment

Originally Posted by wiedemann
After a lot of hassle, Lexus decided to reimburse me