LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Do I "need" to have my Lexus Link System button panels removed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 09:36 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I "need" to have my Lexus Link System button panels removed?

I just got a letter from Lexus inviting me to remove my Lexus Link System panel buttons removed, as well as disable the corresponding hardware that will eliminate the start-up voice prompt.. ie. The Lexus Link System is active.

I had already found, in this forum, that I can turn down the voice of the lady announcing that the Lexus Link System is active. So the lady hasn't been bothering me much lately, I had turned her voice way down.

Now, by having the system panel button replaced, I would lose the ability to record my voice, which is very handy for me when I need to write down something... I record my voice and play it back later instead.

The Lexus Link features on the analog system will no longer available after Dec. 31, 2007. So my question is, is it necessary that I go to a dealer and make the sunglasses holder replacement? Can I just leave things the way they are, and continue to have the option of having that recorder?
Old 11-09-07, 09:53 PM
Robin24k
Driver School Candidate

Nope, if you don't use Lexus Link (I don't, only had it for the first year because it was free), it shouldn't affect you.

I have gotten many letters from Lexus asking me to get it removed (in fact, I got like the third or fourth one the other day). I like the buttons, a flat panel looks cheap.
Old 11-10-07, 01:00 AM
HELLAFLUSH
Lead Lap

I got that letter the other day too. That voice upon start up can get a little annoying.
Old 11-10-07, 03:24 PM
ohmy
Driver School Candidate

Are all LS430s' Lexus Link on the analog system or are their some on the digital?
Old 11-10-07, 06:07 PM
Robin24k
Driver School Candidate

01-04 are on digital if I remember correctly. If yours is on digital, then Lexus wouldn't have sent a letter to you.
Old 11-10-07, 10:43 PM
duncan73
Driver

Same Lexus letter here! I too love the advantage of using the recorder function and would'nt change it for the world. There is also a pending class action lawsuit, which many on the board have supported, to stop the abandonment of the LL system. I wonder what the status of the lawsuit is at this time?
Old 11-11-07, 08:04 AM
bluegsx
Rookie

The last time I was at the dealer, they offered to remove the Lexus LinkSys...I said I would like to keep the buttons/door up top and asked him if they could just disconnect whatever they need to and leave the door, but they guy told me they HAVE to remove it and send it back to get Lexus to pay for it under warranty. Not sure if this is true or if he was just yanking me around, but I'd rather have the buttons as well.

How do you turn down the nav lady? I saw the **** under the dash, but it only turns the "beep" volume for the remote lock/unlock up and down....nav lady is still loud
Old 11-11-07, 09:27 AM
EIF
8th Gear

Hold the volume button on the lexus link to desired level. the memo function is very useful to me.
Old 11-11-07, 10:56 AM
Robin24k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bluegsx
The last time I was at the dealer, they offered to remove the Lexus LinkSys...I said I would like to keep the buttons/door up top and asked him if they could just disconnect whatever they need to and leave the door, but they guy told me they HAVE to remove it and send it back to get Lexus to pay for it under warranty. Not sure if this is true or if he was just yanking me around, but I'd rather have the buttons as well.
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I don't really need the memo functions, but the flat blank sunglasses holder looks ugly (plus the inside isn't even cloth!).

Originally Posted by bluegsx
How do you turn down the nav lady? I saw the **** under the dash, but it only turns the "beep" volume for the remote lock/unlock up and down....nav lady is still loud
About the nav voice, press Menu and you should see ON OFF and the numbers 1 thru 7. I have it set at 5.