KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

those wheels are
Old 11-27-07, 06:59 PM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try checking out http://www.tirerack.com, they have quite a few models to choose from, as well as the option to view the rims on your car.
Old 11-27-07, 08:49 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get some used wheels for good deals if you look in the wheels classified forum. I wouldn't go bigger than 20's. If you can afford wheels in the price range of $2K-$4K, there are many good choices out there. Such as Work Wheels, Junction Produce, I-Forged, HRE, Trafficstar, Riverside, Wald, AutoCouture, Amistad, Kranze, Maya, and AME just to name a few. Hope this helps....good luck!
Old 11-27-07, 09:13 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am a LS400 owner and a LS430 admirer (soon to be an owner). Anyway, the Lexani's look good on some other cars, but IMHO, they will not do a Lexus any justice. As the others have said, have someone drive your car and you drive next to it to see how they look rolling. I personally would get rid of them and go for a much cleaner and classier style. You can still get that "Bling" factor and still look fabulous.

D2autosports (vendor here on the forum) is a very good place to look. Stefan is a very god friend of mine and He and his Brother Derrick are very helpful in helping you to choose not only will look best but also what will fit correctly. Many satisfied customers' here on CL.

High Society Vip- another vendor here on CL is also a good place to shop. Leroy (screen name Apex84), Mark (screen name MrMark), and Johnny (Screen name TLW) are also close personal friends of mine, good people to deal with and will treat you fairly.

For used wheels, check the wheels classified section here on the forum. Many members sell their used wheels; and in order to sell them, someone has to vouch for the condition of the wheel as well as them having to post pics.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by trukn1; 11-29-07 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 09:36 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, but one word: Fugly

Now for new rims, guess we need to know what you are trying to convey. Are you the hip-hop crowd who wants as much bling as possible? or are you looking at classic tried and true good looks? As you may already know, riding on 20" is pretty harsh compared with the factory 17/18" wheels so a good compromise might be a set of 19". I would never suggest 22" as you will be riding on rubber band for tires and the wheels would crack/bend very easily. Look through a couple of post down on the "Ultimate LS430 Picture thread" https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=296891 to give you some suggestion on which may suit your taste. Another combination you may want to look at after getting wheels is lowering your car. Depending on the model, there are various ways to do so. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 11-27-07, 09:45 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea those wheels you bought are really ugly.... sory but true and it seems as if you all ready knew!!!!!
22"s will fit low profile tire needed definitly! 245/30/22 probably.
I'd just get a nice set of 20"s, and this time bring a guy with you, don't trust ur taste!!! haha

www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com is a good site for wheel hunting
Old 11-27-07, 09:45 PM
LexusBBW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank everyone so much for the replies,

its funny you mention the Hip Hop Crowd I am a rapper and yes I do want the most bling appearance without being to tacky

and whats there now is tacky

which rim do you feel has a good hip hop look but wont hurt the Lexus?
and the car is a 2001 430LS I would love to lower it, what are some of my options please?

thanks so much
you guys are GREAT!!!!!!
Old 11-27-07, 10:13 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

^^^^^^ whats ur price range?????
Old 11-27-07, 10:18 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

i had these on my GS400. there Gianelle Mass 8. these are a nice full face rim, and will compliment yhr big body style on the LS430. Run a staggard set up 20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the rear. thats what im talkin bout'

Old 11-27-07, 10:18 PM
regulatorr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you wanna go classy you should get some brabus, even though they are mostly on Mercedes benz . The Ls430 is big bodied so it will just look perfect.
MONOBLOCK V

MONOBLOCK VI
Old 11-27-07, 10:19 PM
airtime
Racer

For the true hip-hop crowds (as I used to run with the crowd back in the day), brand name matters a lot and most people know what's a good brand. Why do you think anyone is willing to spend outrageous price for shoes and clothing with the logo prominently displayed. That being said, do you have a budget? Going all out can be upwards of $7k to $9k. Most are in the range of $3 to $5k. There are replica of name brand wheels for a fraction of the cost and they look just as good but if you are a rap artist, you don't want your creds ruin by people laughing at your replicas. I know that seem conceited but if you are in the public eye, appearance is everything and it can make or break you.

Now back to styling, sure there are personal preference in anything you purchase but as another person said above, those Lexani may work with a classic loweride but not with an LS. Go with something with chrome for show as it reflects light well, 5 spokes thin or thick are classics, and definitely deep dish.
Old 11-27-07, 10:19 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

My GS400 with the Gianelle Mass 8
Attached Images  
Old 11-27-07, 10:23 PM
airtime
Racer

Originally Posted by ReLexin
My GS400 with the Gianelle Mass 8
Hey ReLexin, you got any more pictures of your car in side view and a bit larger in size? Very interesting look, haven't seem much of that style.
Old 11-27-07, 10:30 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by airtime
Hey ReLexin, you got any more pictures of your car in side view and a bit larger in size? Very interesting look, haven't seem much of that style.
here is my cardomain page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2272607

i loved these rims the brakedust never got to the outside of the rim, it was trapped behind.

Quick Reply: NEW Female Please Help LS 430 Rims