LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

NEW Female Please Help LS 430 Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-07, 10:09 PM
LexusBBW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converted

I was a Mercedes Lover, and my Best Friend Showed me the Lexus website and his car and I am now a Lexus lover. My goal is to get the 460.

So you have to give me a pass for those horrendus rims Im new to the Lexus Family

( Good excuse?? is it working for sympathy............lol)

Goodnight everyone
Attached Thumbnails NEW Female Please Help LS 430 Rims-00000forum2.jpg  
Old 11-29-07, 10:47 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't sound too sure about the TIS, and if I was you, I would do it right the second time around so you don't end up in the same situation. I say go with what you really want, and not just settle for something for now. I would really reconsider wheel choice but if it was absolutely only between those 3 choices, I would probably go with model 06 or 05.

Nice to see you converted over from the bad to the good . Don't worry, the wrong wheel choice happens to a lot of us. Me personally, I settled for some ok rims just because they were really cheap. Well now I regret not waiting and saving a little longer for the perfect, nicer, and higher end wheel. If and when you get a LS 460, I hope you pick the right kind of wheels the first time. The nice thing about Lexus is the VIP/VIP style wheels, which is unique to Lexus only and sets Lexus apart from the typical BMW/Benz on dubs. Either way, good luck and you are definately in the right place. Lots of people here with lots of knowledge and great vendors. Keeps us posted.

Last edited by mex lex; 11-29-07 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-29-07, 11:07 PM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Well LexusBBW, at least you're a good sport

I guess I'll end this post tonight so I can't have any nightmares.

IF (there was a gun to my head and had to pick out the 3) I had to pick, it would be 03 or 05.
Here's what the 05 might look like except these are lowenharts:
Old 11-30-07, 04:41 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I agree, you don't sound to sure about the TISs. Just take you time and do some research on whats out there. Don't feel rushed to get something because you're not happy with what you have now, or you'll just end up right where you started. I would encourage you to check out the LS forums along with the VIP forum and just look at different styles of wheels, or check out highsocietyvip.com . If you see anything you like research it further and create a budget accordingly.

Good Luck
Old 11-30-07, 05:19 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure you have heard the expression......its like wearing a nice expensive suite with some wal mart shoes.

those wheels are horrible and so are the TIS for the LS.

so you wanna Bling cause your in the HIP-HOP world.....but TIS nor any of those 1 piece crap chrome wheels are anything close to Taste or baller status which I'm sure you wanna convey.

might be flashy and cool to the untrained eye.....but that looks cheap to me.

hope you have time to look at this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=gato

Old 11-30-07, 06:56 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile The salesman/woman who allowed this the worst!

Originally Posted by LexusBBW
Hello Everyone

I came to please ask for your opinions please

I just purchased rims for my LS and now when I look at them I am not to happy.
Someone also told me that I should have got more rounded rims for the shape of the car.

I picked the rims by myself from a catalog and didnt see them on the car until installed.

Did I make a bad choice?
They are the Lexani Firestars, I was thinking like a woman about the shine and sparkel

Please be honest everyone, is it ugly??
Hi Ms.,
Like one of the gentlemen said, we here dont judge people based on male or female. You among friends here and were all the same sex, Lexus owners.

Now to your rims, Ive purchased rims in the past(dont anymore always factory)and never have seen a salesman who would have sugggested or allowed you to make that purchase.

Rims are like clothes. For some black is best it makes you look slim. Some people look great in red, others look like a box of red hots candy. MY point is a rim is supposed to fit the look of the car, and those rims dont go with a LS430 or any car in the lexus line up. Lexani makes some nice rims, I own a pair that have been in my garage for 3 years, again Im 34 and grew out of the rim craze.

Im very upset they let you or anyone male or female purchase those rims, there not ugly the just dont go well with the car. They would go with and older model car that has been restored maybe, to bling it up. When your talking Lexus,Jaguar,Audi,Benz, and BMW you have the bling when you purchase your car.

Im hoping you can take them back and exchange them and get another kind plus/minus the cost difference!

Love GOD not money!(dont mean to offend with this comment)
Old 11-30-07, 07:11 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Dont buy any rims yet!

Ok heres the deal, im going in the morning to get either the TIS 6, 3 or 5.
I have had few different TIS rims and I like them.

Which shape do you feel will compliment the Lexus best please

I know you all prefer other wheels totally, but if these 3 are the only choice which shape will do best please.

I was going to get the Asanti 403 or 112 but he had to order it from CA and I am to impatient to wait 4-7 weeks to build the rim for me.

So im going to pick a TIS and end my misery, I dont plan to keep the car very long.

The 3, 5, or 6 Please
whats your opinion?

thank you all so very very much!!! now i have to sell those Ugly Lexani's UUGGHH

Mer
Before I first posted, I hadnt read this. Dont buy rims ride on your factories and sell the ones you got. If you trade for another car then buy rims. Even if your Rich which it seems your doing well with your recent shopping for rims. I hate to see you waste the cash. Rule #1 in car buying, never put money into a car you dont intend to keep for a minimum of 5 years.

Now if you got money to burn I guess my opinion wont matter. Me myself I spend very carefully, and think a purchase is worth it when youve gotten value from the money youve spent.

This is just an opinion so please dont ring my neck fellow members. BB just sounds like she is not sure of what SHE wants and I think shes asking you folks just because of that. Help is one thing but, I dont think shes sure like some of youve posted already. Rule #2, when you arent sure what to do, do nothing at all until you decide truly what you do want to do.

All the best BB!

L.G.N.M
Old 01-04-08, 01:53 AM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

traffic stars or work wheels!

lexani is kinda ghetto for a lex..=\....

less is more..

nice ride nonetheless!
Old 01-04-08, 02:13 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Post a pic of the owner alongside the ride and we'll tell you if it's THAT bad
Old 01-04-08, 02:29 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was going to get the Asanti 403 or 112 but he had to order it from CA and I am to impatient to wait 4-7 weeks to build the rim for me.
Those TIS wheels belong on SUVs...like your previous ones.

I suggest you wait the 4-7 weeks and get the Asantis...they have the bling factor and the reputation (among the hip-hop crowd) you're looking for in a wheel. The AF112 would be my choice as well if I had to go with Asantis. Other decent looking styles are the AF118, AF147, AF142, and AF135.
Old 01-10-08, 12:52 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Lexani Firestars....

This optical illusion picture must have been an inspiration for design.

See it spins http://www.funnyjunkz.com/wp-content...ving_stars.gif

Attached Thumbnails NEW Female Please Help LS 430 Rims-optical_illusion_revolving_starsh.gif  
Old 01-10-08, 10:09 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People are viewing, PLEASE take a second to give your opinion please.
You all have your cars so hooked up!!

Help me out please
Yes, it's very ugly and the stock wheel looks better. That's the opinion, get a set of '04+ LS430 sport wheels and you'll be ballin' enough
Old 01-11-08, 10:02 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Must...... resist..... urge....... to...... make....... comment........ about....... gold........ teeeeeeeeeeeeef.........

Old 01-11-08, 11:12 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You need TrafficStars ASAP. Those current wheels scare me.

Get a cool set of 5 spokes, they are simple and look great
Old 01-11-08, 11:21 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh dear lexus god. some1 please give her a set of their stock LS rims so that she could use them until she gets new shoes...

no offense, but i wouldn't even put the firestars on a 94 corolla in need for speed haha. i don't even know of anyone that has lexani's nowadays.

get a simple japanese-style wheel...imo

Quick Reply: NEW Female Please Help LS 430 Rims