Lexus Infections ....windows os ... SWITCH TO LINUX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 11:02 AM
AlSaYaRi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Lexus Infections ....windows os ... SWITCH TO LINUX

Hello every body,

First of all I would like to thank everybody here in the forum in top of them the admins....

Yesterday I had a real life saving help from here a tip that fix my newly purchased Lexus 2004 ls430 from usa that just came 2 days ago and i screwed it fast "in the first night" after logging in to the secret menu LOOL "YES the loading option on it "

because of the help i managed to get it fixed by opening the Navi ECU and resting it from inside the box "Real Hard Work"

ThAnK YoU GuYs

============

Now let's move to the real work I would like to have more info from the guys who have it the info I need is there a way to log in to the operating system of the Lexus ls430 I found this in the website:

Lexus Infections
It had to happen: Now your car can get a virus from your Bluetooth phone. I was just talking to someone yesterday about how they love their LS430 and the Bluetooth integration to the built-in handsfree. Now, SC Magazine is reporting that some Lexus and Landcruiser models are susceptible to a virus they pick up from mobile phones serving as the vector.

Lexus cars may be vulnerable to viruses that infect them via mobile phones. Landcruiser 100 models LX470 and LS430 have been discovered with infected operating systems that transfer within a range of 15 feet. From SC Magazine
Referenced Sat Jan 29 2005 14:32:12 GMT-0700
The virus infects the car’s navigation system, which is based on the Windows OS. Having a virus in the navigation system probably isn’t life threatening to most people, but one could imagine scenarios. Life-critical systems like brakes and steering are, at least for now, not controlled by systems that rely on Windows.

Last year 13,000 Bank of America ATMs were infected by the Slammer worm after they moved to a Windows-based operating system.

Some might ask why someone doesn’t invent something to detect viruses. It turns out that that problem is equivalent to the halting problem and thus impossible to solve. They best we can do is to restrict virus vectors and protect against known variants.

So there is in the ls430 is it the one I have or older or newer...

i would like to know if there is a way to hack in to it to fix more option since windows is realy easy.... now the real question is it possible to add Linux instead of the windows. I'm Really Interested on that of it is possible I'm ready to gather a team to work on it and in case it will be more complicated I will request my partner in china to arrange it with a factory there "They really have big stuff on their Factories and they can design anything there $$$ Power"

I'm not joking really... there will be money on it...

Please guys try to help... and post are welcome any way even the bad ones... LoOoL

IS IT POSSIBLE or IMPOSSIBLE
Old 11-28-07, 09:06 PM
spender
Driver

This is an old, old, old urban legend:

http://www.vmyths.com/hmul/3/11/
Old 11-28-07, 10:50 PM
AlSaYaRi
Driver School Candidate

Spender Thanks for the correcting me.. And there it goes the chance to customize it through windows...

but what about the chance to build something spicily with a small factor pc that will have Linux and will have converters to that will accept Lexus wires that are connected to the original ECU and will have an operating system that will have same or equal configuration of the Lexus system plus it will give me great addition to that since i will have it also as a DVD player that will have the ability to play movies in multi screens...

I really need guidance in to how to begin this project....

Any help will be appreciated and will share with who help building the system. A unite will be build and sent to him or them free of charge.

if it is possible it would be great addition which will let you and me get the power and flexibility of Linux in Lexus and in the same time will let you have your original ECU secured....?

Ohh also I screwed up the system again yesterday “yes the same menu Loading one ” but this time knowing what I do… I was trying to load a DVD NAVIGATION for GCC Countries. Hard work again needed for the resting… I might try to find way to have the rest button fixed outside I have to .
Old 12-07-07, 04:16 PM
sigers98
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Holly cow,get a life,you have way to much time on your hands,you need a good women