LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 06:31 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Airtime your car has been an inspiration for my quest for a LS430.. Its been a 10 month wait to find this UL optioned LS but it will be worth the wait once I start to play with it.

Are you running the factory chrome wheels in the winter.. If so how have they held up to the salt they put on your Washington roads??

I've done a search on the Datasystem controller but haven't seen any installed pictures on the LS430.. I was thinking center console or glove box would be a good location any thoughts??
Old 01-13-08, 07:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

That's a very nice LS430 Ken, Congratulations !!
Old 01-13-08, 10:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see you back again Ken!!!
Congrats on the LS, very nice car.
Old 01-13-08, 12:20 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
Are you running the factory chrome wheels in the winter.. If so how have they held up to the salt they put on your Washington roads??

I've done a search on the Datasystem controller but haven't seen any installed pictures on the LS430.. I was thinking center console or glove box would be a good location any thoughts??
Luckly, Washington, as least in my area, has done away with salt and replace with antifreeze spray on the road. No issues leaving my chrome factory on. I do love the ride on the 17"s as if you are indeed looking for 20"s, be ready for a stiffer and "rougher" ride but oh so much better looking. Also look for a "perfect" fit for those 20"s as the when you lower it, it should "butterfly" into the wheel well without the need of rolling your fenders. I have no issues with rubbing or anything.

When I install the Datasystem, I plan to do some step by step write up with images. I've communicated with many who has it and it seems pretty straight forward on the install. For 2004+, you will need to run a wire to behind the glove box and that's pretty much the "hard" part to do. As for mounting the LED control unit itself, I believe most are putting it under or near the steering column or somewhere near so you can reach it. I wished it was a bit narrow to fit the slide out "business card" hold next to the lighter. Luis at Carlson will give you a pretty good price if you mention you are a CL member.
Old 01-13-08, 03:06 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Airtime,

Look forward to the Datasystem writeup.. Long over due for such a popular aftermarket product for the LS cars with air suspension.. Hopefully our MODS will make it a sticky once you get it done..

Haven't spoken to the guys at Carson in sometime.. Use to talk to Steve once a week when I had a Lexus.. LOL
Is Steve still there??

One question can I have the dealer make the Side mirrors from not retracting when I park the car via a CBEST setting or is that something I can do?
When I pick the car up this week I guess I will have to do alot of reading..

Richie,

Thanks for the chat via MSN today.. Good luck with your new opportunity.. I'll be cheering you on from the Great White North..

Ken
Old 01-13-08, 03:59 PM
airtime
Racer

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
One question can I have the dealer make the Side mirrors from not retracting when I park the car via a CBEST setting or is that something I can do?
Ken
There is a dedicated switch on the left dash side of the steering wheel, above the side mirrors adjustment in which you can turn it on/off.
Old 01-16-08, 09:20 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on your baby and your other new baby! you will truly enjoy this car! If you can afford it, I would recommend the warranty as well, and put off the mods for the time being... those G35 wheels will not fit, or look right on your LS. Your baby will get so spoiled riding along in that nice Ls430 Ultra, just like my daughter! She complains my Mercedes Benz is too nosiey (wind noise, etc), and complain I don't have rear window sun shades, kids these days
Old 01-16-08, 10:48 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
congrats on your baby and your other new baby! you will truly enjoy this car! If you can afford it, I would recommend the warranty as well, and put off the mods for the time being... those G35 wheels will not fit, or look right on your LS. Your baby will get so spoiled riding along in that nice Ls430 Ultra, just like my daughter! She complains my Mercedes Benz is too nosiey (wind noise, etc), and complain I don't have rear window sun shades, kids these days
Thanks for the congrats and I did end up taking out the extended warranty through Easy Care Vehicle Service Contract for another 36months up to 120,000 kms. Car currently has 43,000 kms so I should be worry free for the next 3 years.

As for the snow tires I will be mounting them on the factory chrome 17" wheels. Place where I bought the G35 winter rims and tires will trade me straight up for the snow tires (Michelin X-Ice) and mount them up for me. I will just have to clean the rims every day in the winter so the salt won't do too much damage.

Overall things are coming along nicely. My son and I visited the dealership yesterday and he gives it the seal of approval. Body shop should have the bumpers done today then the Lexus Reflections people will be wetsanding a few areas and Multi-step polishing the entire vehicle. Living with a Black car will be a new experience but i'm looking forward to it.

Further update once I take delivery...
Old 01-19-08, 02:42 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Well finally got her home.. I must say I am glad I waited to find a Certified Pre-Owned LS430.. Unfortunately most of the LS's in this neck of the woods are not taken care of in the way most car guys/gals would appreciate.. This car is the exception with the bumpers repainted and paint work I would say is 95% perfect.. Picus (Kevin) if you see this drop me a PM I will need your services in the spring so I can get it looking like your 335i Coupe..

Back to the CPO certification they found that the drive belt was not perfect so they changed it..
Fresh oil and filter change, rad flush and full tank of gas. In addition one of the smart keys had a crack so they replaced it too.. Overall very impressed and the topper was when I called Lexus Canada to inquire about the Nav Update they said they would send me out the latest update as a goodwill gesture based on my previous purchases of Lexus product..

Anyways here are a few pics I took this afternoon..
Attached Thumbnails Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..-dscf0066.jpg  
Old 01-19-08, 02:44 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Pic #2 - Excuse the snow on the concrete
Attached Thumbnails Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..-dscf0069.jpg  
Old 01-19-08, 02:48 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Last picture before I start the process of modding her properly.. Big thanks to airtime for the advice on getting the bumper to bumper extended warranty so I will be worry free for the next 3 years..

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..-ls-front.jpg  

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 01-19-08 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-19-08, 03:03 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Interior Picture #1
Attached Thumbnails Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..-dscf0044.jpg  
Old 01-19-08, 03:03 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Interior Picture #2
Attached Thumbnails Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..-dscf0043.jpg  
Old 01-19-08, 03:46 PM
airtime
Racer

My car's long lost twin is found (Exactly the same except previous owner on mine had gold emblem done, I actually like the chrome myself as it matches better). Too funny, your license plate is the same as you user id.

BTW, I'll be ordering my Datasystem next week.
Old 01-19-08, 05:31 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

LOL.. Long Lost Twin from the Great White North..

Hurry up and buy that Datasystem controller so you can help me out when I get mine..

I spoke to the electronics service guru at the dealership while I was waiting for my Sales Guy to get some fresh baked cookies for my son and he said he would help translate the directions since he is fluent in Japanese.. Surprised no one on CL has created english instructions for such a popular aftermarket product.. Steve @ Carson sent me pricing Dave and its the same as you were quoted.. I'll order mine soon too..

BTW any thoughts on changing the exhaust tips to something that would fill those exhaust cutouts a bit better??

Anyways back to reading all these manuals..

Ken

Quick Reply: Deal is done.. I'm soon to be a CPO LS430 Owner..