LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rain sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08 | 06:41 PM
LEX012006
Driver

Default Rain sensor

Do any of my fellow Club Lexus members have had any trouble with the rain sensor? My wipers will now only work if I turn them on manually. I have had my windsheild tinted, but check around the sensor and I do not see anything that could have possibly could have gone wrong with sensor. Is it a easy sensor to change? Does it come part of the windsheild? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-08 | 08:03 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Hay buddy!

Originally Posted by LEX012006
Do any of my fellow Club Lexus members have had any trouble with the rain sensor? My wipers will now only work if I turn them on manually. I have had my windsheild tinted, but check around the sensor and I do not see anything that could have possibly could have gone wrong with sensor. Is it a easy sensor to change? Does it come part of the windsheild? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!
I see here that you have a problem with the sensor. I would ask the dealerships service department if it effects the sensor if you put tint on the windshield first. The sensors are surely sensitive and you never know what happened when the tint was applied on the windshield. The sensors react to being wet to activate the wipers. It is likely the tint has had an effect depending on how it was applied.
All the best on the problem im sure its an easy fix bro!

L.G.N.M
Old 01-17-08 | 02:02 PM
LEX012006
Driver

I really don't think there is an issue with the tint. The tint is applied to the inside of the windsheild. Also the tint is cut around the sensor. I checked the sensor to make sure the installer did not damage any part of it and the sensor stills looks good. I was wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with the sensor. Is it easy (and inexpensive) to change? Does the windshield have to be changed?
Old 01-17-08 | 03:13 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Hay somebody please help Lex!!!!

Originally Posted by LEX012006
I really don't think there is an issue with the tint. The tint is applied to the inside of the windsheild. Also the tint is cut around the sensor. I checked the sensor to make sure the installer did not damage any part of it and the sensor stills looks good. I was wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with the sensor. Is it easy (and inexpensive) to change? Does the windshield have to be changed?
Someone with advice please help our fellow member to find out the problem with the sensors.