LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus emblem on aftermarket rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 06:46 AM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lexus emblum on aftermarket rims

I just got my new rims and want the Lexus emblem as opposed to the rim's company name. Any suggestions as to the CLEANEST way to accomplish this?

Has anyone seen it done already? I'd imagine it's a common request.

The center cap's letters are hardly noticeable, but there is a very slight dip in it.

spell check just taught me the correct way to spell emblem, so I'll do another search!

Suggestion appreciated

-Nile
Old 04-27-08, 09:26 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

How about posting images of the wheels? Depending on the style, some wheels takes factory center caps, if not you can take the emblem off the cap and put it one your wheels. Once again, it depends on the style of your wheel.
Old 04-27-08, 02:54 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Originally Posted by airtime
How about posting images of the wheels? Depending on the style, some wheels takes factory center caps, if not you can take the emblem off the cap and put it one your wheels. Once again, it depends on the style of your wheel.

It's the same setup as ancdm has on his, accept I got the new stainless lip. I told them to shave 2mm as advised from ancdm but I'm afraid they didn't because his attitude was if it should be done, they'll automatically do it. I insisted he request it, I'm just not sure he did

at the bottom of this thread are some pics of ancdm's rims. I can't upload pics until tomorrow.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=324767
Old 04-28-08, 12:21 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually called the factory and checked the order that the tire shop placed with them to make sure they milled the hubs to the correct specs, you just cant ever trust the tire shop kids to do anything correctly. While getting my rims installed I noticed a shop tech bend the rocker panels on a mustang because he positioned the car incorrectly on the hydraulic lift. What an idiot. He didn't even notice that he just screwed the car up. You gotta watch every move they make or they'll F something up!
Old 04-28-08, 01:55 PM
salsaboi
Driver

Originally Posted by ancdmd
I actually called the factory and checked the order that the tire shop placed with them to make sure they milled the hubs to the correct specs, you just cant ever trust the tire shop kids to do anything correctly. While getting my rims installed I noticed a shop tech bend the rocker panels on a mustang because he positioned the car incorrectly on the hydraulic lift. What an idiot. He didn't even notice that he just screwed the car up. You gotta watch every move they make or they'll F something up!
Ouch .. now thats gotta hurt.