LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Dealer didn't want to touch my 20s after fixing air ride problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 05:41 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer didn't want to touch my 20s after fixing air ride problem.

The Lexus of Norwood MA, didn't want to align my 05 LS UL w/13k because I put 20s on it.

I had my rims put on by the tire shop "Town fair Tire" and they aligned it. The car didn't pull with the stock rims at all and the steering wheel was straight. After the alignment the car did pull and the steering wheel was cocked ???? I brought it back to get it checked when it was on the alignment lift, I noticed it was leaning 3/4" to the right. I immediately called Lexus and made an appointment for the same day.

When I got there the asked If I wanted the 15k service for almost $300. I declined and said I'd just have it checked out for $90 as well as fix the air ride under warranty. They gave me a loaner and I went 2 hours back home. They called today saying they fixed the problem and was all set. I then asked if they were going to align it and they said no. I told them if the car was pulling because the air ride was out of balance then the car would need to be re-aligned at the correct height, because the camber would be off and should be covered under warranty. If the balance issue was covered they should cover the issue caused by it. They said they can't align a car that has aftermarket rims. After 15 minutes of going back and forth, telling them I'd put my stock rims in there 2008 loaner and bring them there to get changed at a tire shop they agreed to do it.

Why did I have to argue such a simple fact? Am I being out of line? I've bought 2 brand new Lexus vehicles from them since 2005, I'd expect easier service.

As well she told me the car was perfect and didn't need anything not even the $80 cabin air filter I agreed to buy because she checked in the computer and it already had the 15k service before they sold it to me. So should I be paying $90 for them to check it out when they should have told me Lexus checked it out less than 200 miles ago? I gave her my VIN before any work was done.

Sorry to ramble, just a bit concerned about my baby.

-Nile
Old 05-09-08, 10:04 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Lexus dealers just don't want to take responsibility. It's lame but understand where they are coming from.
Old 05-09-08, 11:17 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

When you notice the leaning of the car, was the engine running? Remember the car sometime do lean and is uneven, but once the engine is running, it should auto level itself. My driver side rear is lower than the passenger side, but once the car starts, all 4 corners are perfectly even. I think this topic was covered in another thread when members were chiming in on why one side was higher than the other, etc.
Old 05-10-08, 08:49 AM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Originally Posted by airtime
When you notice the leaning of the car, was the engine running? Remember the car sometime do lean and is uneven, but once the engine is running, it should auto level itself. My driver side rear is lower than the passenger side, but once the car starts, all 4 corners are perfectly even. I think this topic was covered in another thread when members were chiming in on why one side was higher than the other, etc.
Yes,

the car was on for more than 1 hour. Lexus said they made adjustments and it should be fine.

I have read other threads with this subject, I just feel wile its under warranty, I should get it taken care of especially since its not leveling.

-Nile