LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Question on cell phone blue tooth connection?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 05:13 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Question on cell phone blue tooth connection?

I am ready for a new cell phone, am I correct to say all latest cell phones with build in blue tooth feature is compatible to the blue tooth connection to my 05' LS430?

Thank you
Old 05-11-08, 06:21 PM
!SPEED
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be and its a real cool feature. With Verizon you won't be able to download your complete phone book though.

2004 LS Ul pcs
Old 05-11-08, 07:14 PM
malbin
Driver School Candidate

I have been successful with several Samsung phones from Sprint (610, 510, M520)
Also blackberry 8830 (but I didn't download my phonebook)
Old 05-11-08, 08:01 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

I used the Blue Tooth device for a few years through my first LS as well as my Infinity M35X.

I use on average 4,000 min pr month. The car Blue Tooth system is at times convenient and at times works but when you have passengers is a pain in the but and most of the times the person talking sounds perfect to you but the person cant hear you very well, or it has a strong echo. I hesitated on purchasing an ear mount Blue Tooth unit because when people speak to me while using one, it sounds like crap similar to the car system. I recently decided that with an average of 90 - 120 cell calls per day "Realtor" and most of the calls are while driving, I owe it to other drivers to investigate the ear mounts for safety reasons. I found a very small unit from a company called Plantronics, called PLANTRONICS DISCOVERY 650E, it runs around $90. It works perfect! People cant tell I'm using it. It has a lithium ion battery, a self contained charging unit or plug in charger and multiple ear mount options for different ear canal sizes, It's so light you can wear it like a earphones that plug into your ear or the typical hook around your ear. The disconnect is fast, which I like because I refuse to wear it in public. Over all I give it a 10 out of 10.

If you don't talk as much as me and the person your having the conversation with wont be anoid with the potential echo, then the car system will work fine. Because it turns the radio off and works good most of the time, I still give it an 8 out of 10.

For what its worth,

-Nile
Old 05-11-08, 08:27 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Thank you Nile for your details inputs

Also thank you malbin and !SPEED for you guy's input.

I guess the question I should be asking is, is there any blue tooth cell phone out there don't work with the Lexus blue tooth system for my 05'?

I also planning to get a 06'+ SC430, any blue tooth phone don't work with those cars?

Thank you
Old 05-12-08, 12:11 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Just make sure you get a phone with a newer bluetooth... version 2.0 (some call it 1.2)

It has been the standard for sometime, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure.

I've been running it with my Nokia N95 8GB, and it has been running flawlessly.
Old 05-12-08, 06:22 AM
combres
Rookie

I have a verizon blackberry world phone (8830), it has a newer 2.0 bluetooth, you are saying that you can't download your full phone book?

With a verizon phone how do you make calls then? Can you use your phone to dial and it will come thru the car?
Old 05-12-08, 07:58 AM
!SPEED
Driver

Can you use your phone to dial and it will come thru the car? (quote)

Yes, as long as your car is paired with your phone, anytime you make a call directly from the phone the car takes it over. Kind of spooky. I don't know if the Verizon Blackberry will download your phonebook but I doubt it. It seems to be just a Verizon thing from what I've read in other treads. Someone else suggested using another non Verizon phone even if its not hooked up to any phone service and use it to transfer your entire phone book to the Lexus. I have Verizon to so I borrowed my sister in laws old Nokia and it worked fine
Old 05-12-08, 08:01 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by combres
I have a verizon blackberry world phone (8830), it has a newer 2.0 bluetooth, you are saying that you can't download your full phone book?

With a verizon phone how do you make calls then? Can you use your phone to dial and it will come thru the car?
The phone book feature is a big hassle. You may need a compatible phone to transfer your listing over. My Blackberry 8100 would not but my Motorola Razor would.

If you have not installed a override module, a la lockpick, you will not be able to punch in phone numbers but will be able to do the one touch dial. However, if you dial via you phone, it will work.
Old 05-12-08, 09:03 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Just make sure you get a phone with a newer bluetooth... version 2.0 (some call it 1.2)

Thank you very much
Old 05-12-08, 11:51 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Anyone with experience with the LG Chocolate with Verizon connecting to their LS430's bluetooth?

Thanks
Old 05-12-08, 12:03 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4

I don't need the feature, but my N95 8GB has bluetooth on all time, but everytime it fails to connect.
Old 05-12-08, 01:19 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have motorola Q, I wish my appointments/schedule would sync via bluetooth, that would be cool...

what would be even more awesome is if my mp3 files from my phone can play thourgh bluetooth connection...
Old 05-12-08, 07:06 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I don't need the feature, but my N95 8GB has bluetooth on all time, but everytime it fails to connect.
Did you pair the car with the phone? It is a part of the initial set up as not to pair it with every Blue Tooth phone that enters the car.

You most likely did but if Blue Tooth technology is new to you, you may not have nown to go to the set up menu in the car and the phone at the same time. The car will find the phone when you press search for new device and add it to its list of paired devices.

-Nile
Old 05-12-08, 10:39 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Did you allow it to accept connections from the LS automatically?

I found that to work much better then the manual method.

Quick Reply: Question on cell phone blue tooth connection?