LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How I Fell In Love.....By Cory Warshawsky

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-08, 10:33 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love the LS!

As a distant memory, I remember the first time I sat in an LS430. It was in the first days of summer and my older brother returned home in a shinny silver LS. The smell of the new ecru leather, the shine and cut of the HID lamps. All the cool buttons! I remember watching the vents circulate the cool breeze from the air conditioning. How cool the double glove box was. I was able to take it for a spin or two and it was wonderful to drive.

8 Years later I had the chance today to take a seat in one again. It was my first trip to really look at a car. I went to visit a small dealership in Santa Clar. I'll attatch a link to the car if you'd like to see it. : )

The car was kept inside so they were unlocked. I let myself (and my girlfriend) into the car. Ah.......my sweet love how I missed you. And now with a better looking tail end and sharper looking head lights, a back up camera so you always know where your going baby, and bluetooth so we can always feel comfortable talking! It doens't get any better. I had strickly been for the Ecru/Tan interior option until I saw the black leather. Knowing that it will keep clean will certainly open my options.

The sales person didn't really seem to want to sell the car. I came in and no one was there but a guy cleaning floors. I sat in the car for a few minutes. Got out and said hello to the sales person and asked if I could borrow the keys to check it out. Loved playing with all the buttons and seeing what every thing does. Do all 04+ come with the rear shade now?

The car has had some paint work done on the front right fender so it was probably in a wreck or fender bender of some sort. Mentioned it to the sales person and he didn't have much to say. It had brand new tires with the little rubber guys still on em. Kinda made me wonder if they might have been hiding uneven tire wear from a wreck. 34k wouldn't wear out the stock tires would it?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Last edited by bigcory; 10-20-13 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-22-08, 09:08 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn bro relax its only a car lol
Old 05-22-08, 09:11 AM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No the LS is not just a car it is a beautiful machine
Old 05-22-08, 09:18 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

yeah i know.. love mine.. but wow he talks like he gna make love to it (i jus make it love inside of it)
Old 05-22-08, 09:35 AM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Lol Shlomboy , true but seriously tho I have been infatuated with the LS since I first laid eyes on it as well. I think I know what Cory is talking about lol its just that love for the LS. The most beautiful car ever made.
Old 05-22-08, 09:39 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

LS - one of my fav cars of all time.
Old 05-22-08, 11:07 AM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Get it checked out by a Lexus dealer for $90. My first ls needed tires @ 20k " I did hit the traction off button once and a while".

-Nile
Old 05-22-08, 09:47 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

It's just that getting in the car for the first time was great. It was actually very much like the first time you have sex with a new girl. : )

and trying it out yesterday must have been like seeing an Ex after a few years....and hookin up.

I'm looking really forward to getting one.
Old 05-22-08, 09:48 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cape Cod
Get it checked out by a Lexus dealer for $90. My first ls needed tires @ 20k " I did hit the traction off button once and a while".

-Nile
So for $90 they will inspect a car from a differnt dealership...thats nice of them. I assumed they try to get you to buy their cars.
Old 05-23-08, 12:44 AM
drink300
Lexus Champion

It's odd. I just can't get "into" the LS like some owners. Don't get me wrong, I love my 04 LS, but I have never been infatuated with the car. I bought it because it is reliable, cushy and safe. However, I can see what MB and BMW owners mean when they say the car lacks "feeling" and "spirit". So true.

However, for the time being, I will continue to enjoy my LS for what it is. That is, until gas hits $5/gallon...LOL.
Old 05-23-08, 06:25 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

I loooooovvvvveeee my LS430!
Old 05-25-08, 11:03 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drink300
It's odd. I just can't get "into" the LS like some owners. Don't get me wrong, I love my 04 LS, but I have never been infatuated with the car. I bought it because it is reliable, cushy and safe. However, I can see what MB and BMW owners mean when they say the car lacks "feeling" and "spirit". So true.
You most be out of your mind. j/k lol. I think the 04-06 ls are the sexiest rides on the street. I absolutely love the LS. Too bad I dont have the funds right now to get lost in love with one.
Old 05-26-08, 11:18 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

I think for me, it's probably because the first time I couldn't have one.
So I respected and envyed them for damn near a decade. I was always turned off by the head lights and tail lights. The shape of the car was nice though. And the interior plush with amenities. I like gagety stuff. The 04's gave the car a more timeless contemporary look. I actualy like the body style of the 04-06's to the current generation. I love the new generation as well. It's actually very very nice. I just don't like the tail lights for some reason. Not the shape of the actual tail light, just the way it lights up. I really like the unique way BMW's "running" tail lights look like. The brightly defined lines running parallel. They really need to create a great tail light. I'm not super fond of the way the 04's light up either, but they are nice.

Now I can have one. : )
Old 05-27-08, 10:16 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

it's nice but u make it sound like it's an NSX.

maybe with a aimgain body kit, bagged and 21" trafficstar dtx.
Old 05-27-08, 07:56 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

NSX's were cool..........a decade ago.

Quick Reply: How I Fell In Love.....By Cory Warshawsky