LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04+ LS430 vs 04+ E500

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 02:32 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Tough crowds here, No love for the Benz. I agree that if you own a Benz, make sure its under warranty. I would love to have a E63 AMG anytime but the original posters was comparing and 04 LS to and 04 E500. With that, I think we're all in agreement that the LS wins it hands down as it wasn't even a fair fight.
Old 06-10-08, 05:08 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by airtime
Tough crowds here, No love for the Benz. I agree that if you own a Benz, make sure its under warranty. I would love to have a E63 AMG anytime but the original posters was comparing and 04 LS to and 04 E500. With that, I think we're all in agreement that the LS wins it hands down as it wasn't even a fair fight.

this crowd probably has no love for any other car makes, would be my guess
Old 06-10-08, 06:59 PM
atoyot
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't get me wrong. If my GF's S500 had the reliability of the LS, i would take the 500 all day long. Very sweet car!
Old 06-10-08, 10:25 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
Almost everyone here have owned other brands before getting tired of the unreliabilty.
Just paid $1535 the past weekend for alignment, airbag sensor came on, check engine, again-->air injector components, oil change and got a POS chevy cobalt loaner b/c I didn't buy it that dealership

No offense but if you mention "lexus" on mbworld, you'll get chastised

I'm there for the informations and contributions regarding my S500.

hey go drive the New S550, and if you know anything about cars, you will appreciate the New S550... we all know the older S-class suck, so give it rest yah!
No thanks, after they totally ripped off the 7 series interior. Of all the bmw's interior, I like the 7. And by the way, I pushed my brother in law in getting a slightly used cpo 7 series over a brand new 5 series.

Sorry to pick out your post

I'm still a sucker for the old (w220) S55/CL55 AMG-some day!

If anyone wants a ride in the w220 S class, let me know.
Believe me, it's no better than the LS.

Originally Posted by GeorgeT
If you want an upscale auto that is great to drive, get a 7 Series BMW. If you want an upscale auto that rides great and is very quiet, get a Lexus LS460 (or 430) and if you want an upscale auto that drives good (not great) and has a smooth ride (not great), get the MB500.
True. However, I would repace the MB500 (E or S) the very least with the sport package like what KillerGS4 has.
The ABC suspension on the AMG is wonderful but expensive to repair, just like the UL air suspension.

I have never driven any M cars, but a stock 5 and 7 is verry impressive.

But regarding the original questions, it's mainly the little annoying electrical things. No problems with their engine/transmission. Just make sure you get extennnnnnnnnded warranties

Go to mbworld.org and there's a list of tsb on the top of each models.
Old 06-11-08, 12:00 AM
LSorBS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey go drive the New S550, and if you know anything about cars, you will appreciate the New S550... we all know the older S-class suck, so give it rest yah!
The S550 is the first S-Class that really gives the LS' interior a run for it's money. All in all, I really think the new S-Class interior is slightly better then that found in the LS. While many people don't like the Mercedes COMMAND system, at least you're able to use it while driving. That being said, is the Benz worth 20 Grand more then the Lexus? Not on your life, but if money wasn't and object, and I had a warrenty, I'd pick the Benz.

And don't get me started on the LS600hL... have you ever sat in a 120,000 S-Class... the interior is FAR nicer.
Old 06-11-08, 05:22 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

So, once again, your response to most MB shortcomings is that the NEW ones are good, but the older ones -- maybe TWO years old -- SUCK ***. Maybe you should give it a rest and wait and see if, like I said, after 100+ years they've made something that doesn't suck *** (your repeated description), or instead you're just another in a long line of defenders of MB who eventually have to face the fact that they haven't changed after all. Plus, we're comparing like generations. If we're comparing to the new S, we should be talking about the LS600h, not the LS430. Have you compared the LS600h to your beloved non-suck-*** new S?
Old 06-11-08, 06:07 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I have love for various makes whenever they earn it in my experience with them. I've owned ~30 cars and light trucks (plus some HD trucks and several bikes). Eight were European (3 BMW, 3 MB), 10 Japanese, and the rest domestics back before it got to the point - based upon my personal experience with them - that I couldn't tolerate the domestics. You see from my sig most of what I presently own (also have a Volvo 850T5 and a '61 Studebaker Hawk street rod that I didn't list in the sig). The current Toyotas are the only ones I've ever owned. The Supra was what originally got me interested. Since acquiring the Supra I've owned a 300ZXTT, a 328is, an E46 M3, a CLK430 (<-- those 4 now sold), an 850T5 (for sale), an A3, the LS and the GX. I'm not a Lexus lover due to having owned a 4-cylinder Camry that ran forever, or some such thing. I ended up at Lexus/Toyota from the other direction -- owning MBs, BMWs, etc., then finding the Lexus and liking them BETTER.

I look forward to reading how you got to where you are now in your choice of cars.

Last edited by I6turbo; 06-11-08 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-11-08, 02:40 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

i started mostly with Japanese cars myself and found them quite realiable Nissan 240sx then Mazda Millienia (done @ 100k) then GS400 (was a huge fan of Lexus because my dad had an ES at the time), got married, wifey wanted BMW got 540i like 3yr pre-owned had some issues (brakes were acting crazy), got a new 545i (continue to have problems, she couldn't give up on the BMW just yet), I was blown away at the performance of these BMW's, sorry to say in CL forum, it blew away the GS400, no contest! I also like the seating position much better in the German car because the seat drop lower then the Lexus I've owned. Then we got rid of GS400 to family member who really wanted my car, got a great Lease deal on MB E350 (having worked for MB at the time, also work for Lexus before MB FYI), then finally decided to get rid of 545i before warranty expired, and got LS430 almost two years ago. Always wanted the German cars, but i learned they aren't great cars to own only lease is my observation. But I still do admire the MB and BMW for what they are (performance and status IMO). As much I admire Lexus, they still are too boring to win me over 100%, in conculsion these cars have their +'s and -'s. I do like these 3 brands the best and defend them need be...
Old 06-11-08, 03:44 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I6turbo
If we're comparing to the new S, we should be talking about the LS600h, not the LS430. Have you compared the LS600h to your beloved non-suck-*** new S?
New S-class is almost perfect car IMO, especially LeBron James White S63... LS600h what a joke (hybrid passing for performance) I perfer the LS460L over the LS600h. 0-60 is (almost) same on the 600 and 460. I must amit, I haven't checked out the New LS's because I dont want to be jealous, but I driven the New S550 and it's awesome...
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234138

Last edited by KILLERGS4; 06-11-08 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 11:05 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

dude, I wish you weren't even in this conversion w/ the stupid camry talk and your stupid E280, I dont even know what a E280 looks like (I'm just kidding, it's looks like any other E-class) Lets NOT bring up stupid 04Camry when we are talking about LS vs E-class please! you stick w/ your 4cyln camry, and I'll stay with my E350, OKAY!
Killer,
can you accept the reality that an old stupid Carmy's ride comfort beat a E280 class hands down?
Old 06-12-08, 11:12 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

New S-class is almost perfect car IMO, especially LeBron James White S63... LS600h what a joke (hybrid passing for performance) I perfer the LS460L over the LS600h. 0-60 is (almost) same on the 600 and 460. I must amit, I haven't checked out the New LS's because I dont want to be jealous, but I driven the New S550 and it's awesome...
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234138
dude, I wish you weren't even in this conversion w/ the stupid camry talk and your stupid E280, I dont even know what a E280 looks like (I'm just kidding, it's looks like any other E-class) Lets NOT bring up stupid S-class when we are talking about LS vs E-class please! you stick w/ your 4cyln camry, and I'll stay with my E350, OKAY!
dude
You slap your face
Old 06-15-08, 12:47 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The LS430 isn't even in the same class as the MB. PLease don't insult the Lex
Its like comparing the E500 to an es330
Old 06-15-08, 07:19 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
The LS430 isn't even in the same class as the MB. PLease don't insult the Lex
Its like comparing the E500 to an es330

i just have to laugh at these stupid comments (only found on CL forums)
that goes for you too, kingnuts (redking)!
Old 06-15-08, 12:36 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just have to laugh at these stupid comments (only found on CL forums)
that goes for you too, kingnuts (redking)!
Obviously somebody here is a die-hard MB fan. No need for insults here. Why dont you go post you insults on mbworld.com
Old 06-21-08, 02:46 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by texan629
Your right mb shoudn't be compared to a glorified toyota.
OMG, I used to hear this all day, everyday when working for Lexus... glorified toyota, we all know it's true

Quick Reply: 04+ LS430 vs 04+ E500