A/C filter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 08:59 AM
makaro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C filter replacement

Hello folks,

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the tech tips available to date! I recently got an alert of "A/C Filter Replacement" on my 01 LS430. Has anyone got this alert before and what did you do to get rid of the alert? Where did you get the filter from to perform its replacement? I guess I would also need to service the A/C system with freon?

Thank you all very much in advance for any tech tips and guidance!
Old 06-10-08, 09:55 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Cheapest place I found online and I had multiple excellent experiences with:

$24 for the cabin AC filter.

http://www.factorylexusparts.com/ser...BIN-AIR/Detail

To reset the "A/C Filter Replacement" warning light, press and hold down the "OFF" button on the AC system for 4 seconds. See page 11 of the attached owner's manual. Or see your own copy of the owner's manual.
Old 06-10-08, 09:59 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to turn off the the alert simply hold the off button where the a/c is and wait till u here a beep.. that means you changed your filter, so onto that you do need to change the filter

open the bottom glove box and remove the back of it and the filter should be over there simply remove and put in a new one,

not sure where you can get a new filter but maybe online...

good luck

let us know if you need more info and on that note

WELCOME TO CL!!
Old 06-10-08, 10:05 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile No need for freon replacement!

Originally Posted by makaro
Hello folks,

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the tech tips available to date! I recently got an alert of "A/C Filter Replacement" on my 01 LS430. Has anyone got this alert before and what did you do to get rid of the alert? Where did you get the filter from to perform its replacement? I guess I would also need to service the A/C system with freon?

You dont have to replace the freon because of the A/C filter Replacement warning. All you have to do is buy a filter for the A/C and you can very easily do it yourself in 2-4 minutes. It isnt hard to do so dont stress it. I also have a 2001 LS430 and havent had to replace/add freon yet.

Call the dealer and ask them about timelines for freon replacement for the LS430, they can tell you when to expect to add/replace it or tell you if you need to now based on miles or years the car is old. Again no need to replace the freon but if you have questions about it just ask the dealer(local Lexus) and they can help you with your question without you paying out.

All the best.

L.G.N.M
Old 06-10-08, 10:12 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Were to get filter!

Originally Posted by makaro
Hello folks,

You can get the filter were the first person to respond to your post said to or check auto part stores or you can go to the local dealership in your area. You can check Lexus/Toyota dealerships. Call both dealerships before driving to them to see if they carry the filter for your car as well as calling the local auto parts stores to see if they carry the filter for your car.

I myself always buy from the dealership, its not economical but, I dont second guess if I got the right product when I buy from the dealership!

L.G.N.M
Old 06-10-08, 10:53 AM
makaro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you again everyone for your kindness and advice! I really, really appreciate your supports!

Best regards,

Makaro
Old 06-10-08, 11:05 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by usermel
You can get the filter were the first person to respond to your post said to or check auto part stores or you can go to the local dealership in your area. You can check Lexus/Toyota dealerships. Call both dealerships before driving to them to see if they carry the filter for your car as well as calling the local auto parts stores to see if they carry the filter for your car.

I myself always buy from the dealership, its not economical but, I dont second guess if I got the right product when I buy from the dealership!

L.G.N.M
I agreed with you, OEM factory Lexus/Toyota parts are always the best, but very pricy.

The place I suggested above is an actual Lexus dealer, but they sell some of their parts online for half price. The best of both world in my opinion.
Old 06-10-08, 12:41 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Parts...

BNR34 is right on target... I have dealt with Matt Molini at Lexus of Roseville (factorylexusparts.com) and purchased several parts from them. It's always a pleasant experience, they ship quickly (usually 2 days or less) and the parts are OEM Lexus parts so there are no issues with getting cheap knockoff parts. I highly recommend them.
Old 06-10-08, 07:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
BNR34 is right on target... I have dealt with Matt Molini at Lexus of Roseville (factorylexusparts.com) and purchased several parts from them. It's always a pleasant experience, they ship quickly (usually 2 days or less) and the parts are OEM Lexus parts so there are no issues with getting cheap knockoff parts. I highly recommend them.
Thank you for the concurrence
Old 06-11-08, 02:25 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Wow!

Originally Posted by BNR34
I agreed with you, OEM factory Lexus/Toyota parts are always the best, but very pricy.

The place I suggested above is an actual Lexus dealer, but they sell some of their parts online for half price. The best of both world in my opinion.
I had no idea about the deals I could have been getting, thanks fellow club member. I'll check them out now as well.

L.G.N.M
Old 06-11-08, 04:35 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I had no idea about the deals I could have been getting, thanks fellow club member. I'll check them out now as well.

L.G.N.M
yeah same parts, but much cheaper.

Matt is a great guy too!
Old 06-12-08, 11:14 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Will check it out!

Originally Posted by BNR34
yeah same parts, but much cheaper.

Matt is a great guy too!
Thanks, I will check it out next time I need a part they sell. Thanks for the info!

L.G.N.M
Old 06-12-08, 05:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks, I will check it out next time I need a part they sell. Thanks for the info!

L.G.N.M
no problem, that's what we are here for