LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 12:29 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LS430 is a very good performer so I'm really curious how it'll be after intake and exhaust. I'm sure there's lots of power to be had from exhaust alone..
Old 06-11-08, 01:12 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great. Now you have to chrome out the rest of the engine compartment and braid the hoses in red too.

When you mention its louder with the intake, are you saying the suction sound of air is louder or is it a low thundering sound? I've ridden in cars with air intakes and they vary in sounds. Some are louder swooshes sounds, while others have a more rumble sound.
Old 06-11-08, 02:51 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beangrower
how much did u pay for this? looks similar to the injen intake. isn't owners of fujita former injen employees? reason why i ask is i think the injen intake is a little bit cheaper. although fujita intake sounds better than injen (its just me). good thing ur engine cover is red..not pink. haha.

did u decide which exhaust ur gonna go w/?
yes you are right the Fujita company was created by the partner on Injen...bad break-up long story...most of the engineers and designers went to Fujita 5. most designs are similar, but more proven at Fujita since i visit there frequently i see the R&D and i like playing with the cars on the in house DYNO!!!!
Old 06-11-08, 03:45 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Injen intake. Its cheaper and dynos the same.
Old 06-11-08, 05:03 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by junjdm
They make a supercharger kit 04 LS 430R ..............lol
Tom's Racing makes the one I've seen, but it cost $12K! Nice, but out of my budget for now! (and may be for a long time!)

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
The LS430 is a very good performer so I'm really curious how it'll be after intake and exhaust. I'm sure there's lots of power to be had from exhaust alone..
I'm really curious myself, that's why I'm doing it. (Aside from my insanity!

Originally Posted by airtime
Looks great. Now you have to chrome out the rest of the engine compartment and braid the hoses in red too.

When you mention its louder with the intake, are you saying the suction sound of air is louder or is it a low thundering sound? I've ridden in cars with air intakes and they vary in sounds. Some are louder swooshes sounds, while others have a more rumble sound.
Not too sure about red hoses, but I have seen the braided hoses in black nylon. I did start to change the hoses to the stainless braid but didn't like the way it looked so I changed my mind. About the noise, I don't hear it much driving normal, it does come alive when you punch it though. You can really hear the intake growling. Nice!!!

Originally Posted by racinstyle
I have the Injen intake. Its cheaper and dynos the same.
I would have been fine with the Injen Intake, but they didn't offer one to fit the '04 LS. I sent in an inquiry to their website and they replied that they only offered an intake for the '01 - '03 LS and that they weren't compatible due to the plumbing. I was kinda bummed because Fujita was a bit more expensive. I would have much rather paid alot less especially since the performance was so closely matched. By the way, I really dig your ride. I've seen it once while I was in Houston (I have an office on Westheimer and I saw it on HWY 6 one day on my way home). It was real hard to miss.
Old 06-11-08, 06:00 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
I would have been fine with the Injen Intake, but they didn't offer one to fit the '04 LS. I sent in an inquiry to their website and they replied that they only offered an intake for the '01 - '03 LS and that they weren't compatible due to the plumbing. I was kinda bummed because Fujita was a bit more expensive. I would have much rather paid alot less especially since the performance was so closely matched. By the way, I really dig your ride. I've seen it once while I was in Houston (I have an office on Westheimer and I saw it on HWY 6 one day on my way home). It was real hard to miss.
thnx man. Dude, if you live here in Houston you should come to our VIP meets that I have about once a month at random places. Me and a few fellow clublexus and vipstylecars members meet up at my shop then drive out to a bar or resturant and just kick it. Next one is coming up soon. Ill post up the meet on clublexus this time....

LOL...its funny because I went with Injen because they dont make one for the 01-03...haha...but I really love mine cos I got it to match my valve cover. I wanted to have the engine bay look as clean as possible Here is a pic...sorry the bay wasnt cleaned before this

Last edited by racinstyle; 06-11-08 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 09:37 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

thnx man. Dude, if you live here in Houston you should come to our VIP meets that I have about once a month at random places. Me and a few fellow clublexus and vipstylecars members meet up at my shop then drive out to a bar or resturant and just kick it. Next one is coming up soon. Ill post up the meet on clublexus this time....

LOL...its funny because I went with Injen because they dont make one for the 01-03...haha...but I really love mine cos I got it to match my valve cover. I wanted to have the engine bay look as clean as possible Here is a pic...sorry the bay wasnt cleaned before this

For sure bro, I'm always down to meet new folks who have the same passion that I do. I don't live in Htown though. I just visit there every Friday because I have an office there on Westheimer. I don't think I will be there this Friday because my son is leaving to Australia with his mom for two years! (Long story) This is the last week I am going to spend with him for some time so I just took the week off. In any case, be sure to hit me up and I will plan to attend. By that way, that engine bay is real clean. Did you have to fabricate the radiator cover to fit with the intake? On the '04, the intake and cover wouldn't both fit without some cutting and fabbing. One last thing, if you know of any good detailers in Houston I would like to know. Thanks.
Old 06-12-08, 11:30 PM
maximussp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real good. Wow.
Old 06-13-08, 08:24 AM
HOKORI
Driver School Candidate

You'll love it! I have the injen intake coupled with the Wald exhaust. It sounds really mean at WOT. Too bad my lead foot along with today's gas prices equals an empty wallet. These gas prices are too much!
Old 06-13-08, 03:01 PM
got56ry
Rookie

does the intake throw off the MAF sensor?
Old 06-13-08, 03:20 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HOKORI
You'll love it! I have the injen intake coupled with the Wald exhaust. It sounds really mean at WOT. Too bad my lead foot along with today's gas prices equals an empty wallet. These gas prices are too much!
I'm already loving it.... I'm having the Magnaflow exhaust installed with the polished mufflers. Most of the research I have done shows that it's the best muffler for the money. Of course if someone can show me some other proof otherwise, I'm open to suggestions. As of now, I'm going with Magnaflow and I'm having the complete system from the exhaust manifold back with high flow converters etc. I will take pics as it's done and completed. About the fuel prices... there are entire threads dedicated to that subject. By the way, I'm sure it sounds mean but I'm not sure what "WOT" means.

Originally Posted by got56ry
does the intake throw off the MAF sensor?
The Fujita actually uses the OEM MAF sensor. It's integrated to the intake along with the vaccuum hoses and a couple of other OEM parts. It's a well thought out product from what I can tell. I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for asking.
Old 06-13-08, 05:47 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am trying to choose a tip for my LS, not muffler since I wanna keep the quite ride, but need the tip for the look and match my kit.
Which one of the muffler you are getting?
I am think about part# 35121 7in
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-08, 05:57 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I am trying to choose a tip for my LS, not muffler since I wanna keep the quite ride, but need the tip for the look and match my kit.
Not to get offtopic, but that's pretty much the same one that I had on my GS.

I've been contemplating doing the same for my LS.

I like the concave and double-barreled thickness, similar to the L-sportline exhaust.
Old 06-13-08, 10:12 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blacksc400

I'm having the Magnaflow #14577 in Stainless installed and I'm using a Flowmaster #15365 Tips. I'm sure there may be some folks that may not agree with my choices but I personally like the way the Flowmaster Tips look. The lips are rolled and it's made out of Stainless Steel. I don't have the mufflers installed but they will be soon. I had the tips installed myself. They will require some fabrication to make them work because the OEM exhaust is doglegged and only 2" but the Flowmaster Tip is 2.5". That made it easy to slide in and compensate for the doglegged angle. Comments/Opinions/Questions...
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake-tips.jpg  
Old 06-13-08, 10:15 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Here's good shot of the tip from the side so that you can see how it looks from that angle...
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake-tips2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake