LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-08, 08:22 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake

I had previously inquired about this intake and got some pretty good reviews from "AnotherLS". (Thanks by the way.) So I ordered it and after waiting on Fujita and getting frustrated because I felt like I was getting the runaround it finally came in today. My son and I installed it this evening. I painted the engine cover myself to match the intake and I fabricated the radiator cover to give the engine bay a cleaner look. I didn't like the way the engine bay looked without it so I made some adjustments. Fabricating the radiator cover to work took the longest and needed the most effort but I'm quite pleased with the results. Here are the pics. All questions/comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake-f5-1.jpg  
Old 06-10-08, 08:25 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Default More Pics...

Maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't seem to load more than one photo at a time. (Any hints about that would be appreciated) This is a similar photo with a slightly different angle to show the full radiator cover.
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake-f5-3.jpg  

Last edited by 04_LS_430R; 06-10-08 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 08:35 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dunno about the pink engine cover...but the intake is nice. heard it doesn't do much performance wise. what are your impressions? Did you get the black chrome? or is it just chrome.
Old 06-10-08, 08:44 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

The photo is a little misleading... the engine cover is the same red as the brake calipers. I had some leftover paint from when I painted the calipers and the fujita filter was red so I just painted it to match. It's just chrome because that was all they had left at Fujita (or so they said). About performance, I haven't driven it yet so it's tough to tell but the dyno tests on their websites say it added 6HP and 15FtLbs of torque. More than anything I just liked the way it looked and the sound that they make when you put your foot in it. Thanks for looking.
Old 06-10-08, 08:45 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you feel any difference?
How does it sound?
Old 06-10-08, 08:49 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Do you feel any difference?
How does it sound?
Haven't driven it yet... it's raining here so I left it in the garage. But it sounds freaking nasty!!! If nothing else, it really makes the engine sound like it means business. I'm also doing the exhaust. I did this first because I wanted to see what it would sound like by itself. Lots of mods underway, I will post more pics as soon as they are done. Thanks for the comment.
Old 06-10-08, 08:53 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool! can't wait till see how the exhaust will look like!
Old 06-10-08, 09:55 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

looks great you will love it!!! i loved mine when i had it! but LS is gone now...
Old 06-10-08, 10:30 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

Whoa, the unveiling begins

The intake looks awesome-waiting for updates

I'm not familiar with the engine bay yet so I don't see a difference.
I'll take a look tomorrow.
Old 06-11-08, 02:15 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

how much did u pay for this? looks similar to the injen intake. isn't owners of fujita former injen employees? reason why i ask is i think the injen intake is a little bit cheaper. although fujita intake sounds better than injen (its just me). good thing ur engine cover is red..not pink. haha.

did u decide which exhaust ur gonna go w/?
Old 06-11-08, 05:35 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

The cost was $331 and shipping was free. That was a couple of months ago. Now Fujita has raised the price to $388 according to their website. I'm not sure about them being former Injen Employees. The Injen was only $275 when I started to shop but they didn't offer an intake for the 2004 - 2006 model. I'm not sure what the difference was but I specifically asked if they made a model for the 04 - 05 LS and they said that they didn't. They also said the 01 - 03 model wouldn't work due to plumbing. I didn't find any other manufacturers to make an intake for them but I do like this intake. And yea, pink engine covers would be crrraaazzzzzyyyy! (Unless I was a girl, maybe?)
Old 06-11-08, 05:53 AM
CarguyinGa
Driver School Candidate

Call me crazy, but I just can't see the logic behind buying one of the quietest cars on the market and then doing things just to try to increase the noise level. There is virtually 0 gain in power to be had and I can assure you that filter will allow more contaminants to pass into the engine than the OE filter. But it's not my nickels being spent soooo
Old 06-11-08, 07:07 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check this here on how to upload multiple photos.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232724

Congrats on the install, now go get us some audio clips
Old 06-11-08, 12:10 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anotherLS
looks great you will love it!!! i loved mine when i had it! but LS is gone now...
I haven't had it long, but I'm sure I'm going to love it. Thanks for all the help and input!

Originally Posted by CarguyinGa
Call me crazy, but I just can't see the logic behind buying one of the quietest cars on the market and then doing things just to try to increase the noise level. There is virtually 0 gain in power to be had and I can assure you that filter will allow more contaminants to pass into the engine than the OE filter. But it's not my nickels being spent soooo
Actually, I wouldn't call you crazy... you are probably more sane than I am! I would tell you with great enthusiasm that I am the crazy one. I previously "Hot Rodded" (that's what the rednecks in Texas call it anyway) a Cadillac STS doing similar mods. I just wanted to see how much stronger I can make this LS. About contaminants, more than likely but I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to maintenance. About the horsepower gain... +6HP/15FtLbs of Torque and questionable gains in fuel economy(according to Fujita's website and dyno testing). But I didn't do it for those reasons. I did it for the show, and the awesome sound it makes when you put your foot in it. About the nickels.... way more than just a few nickels but I can't put a price on the joy my LS gives me when I'm riding around my quiet little town and the other folks look at me and say... "now what kind of car is that?" Priceless! Thanks for the comment!

Originally Posted by GSoup
Congrats on the install, now go get us some audio clips
Sound clips.... as soon as I learn how to do that, I will be happy to post them. If anyone can give me a clue, I'm a pretty quick learner.
Old 06-11-08, 12:25 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They make a supercharger kit 04 LS 430R ..............lol

Quick Reply: Just Installed - Fujita F5 Air Intake