LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

***Is this a good price for a ultra***

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-08 | 11:42 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

Default ***Is this a good price for a ultra***

Well, I've taken some time off from searching for a lexus but now im back in the field. So, I saw this black on black ultra with 44k 05'model selling for $35000 with a extended lexus 100k warranty. Its a out of state car so I will be paying some taxes on top of that once I get it in my hands. Question is this a good price. This car is being sold at a lexus dealership but its not a cpo I dont know why its not but they are offering a warrenty in my neg. with the manager. lmk what you guys think.
Old 06-13-08 | 03:23 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Default Beware...

If they are selling it without the CPO stamp, then it has failed some part of the test for a CPO. Most likely body or paint work. Much cheaper and better for them to make it a CPO than just throw in an aftermarket warranty for the sale. Ask the dealer if they will make it a CPO for you instead of the extra warranty. If they so no, ask them why it will not pass as one then.

Randy B
Old 06-13-08 | 07:51 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Great Advice!

Originally Posted by Randy B
If they are selling it without the CPO stamp, then it has failed some part of the test for a CPO. Most likely body or paint work. Much cheaper and better for them to make it a CPO than just throw in an aftermarket warranty for the sale. Ask the dealer if they will make it a CPO for you instead of the extra warranty. If they so no, ask them why it will not pass as one then.

Randy B
Like what you told him to do and I agree! If they say they wont ask why and if they refuse,by a car with cpo from Lexus. Never buy a car from Lexus without cpo because the car failed to qualify in some way. I wouldnt even ask why I would just go back to looking. Randy B gave you the best advice and I would do as he said and then keep looking until I get a cpo from Lexus. If you buy a none cpo, buy it from a none Lexus dealer.

All the best,hope you stay patient!

L.G.N.M
Old 06-13-08 | 11:29 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

yeah one thing i found out about looking for my lexus,

PATIENT!!!!
Old 06-13-08 | 11:50 AM
Driverseat
Rookie

Thanks for the replys but here is why they said its not a cpo. The wheels on the car right now are chrome but its the stock 18inch wheel. They said because lexus did not offer the chrome plated stock wheel it (which I thought for 05 chrome finish was a option)was done aftermarket hince why its not a cpo car. Ehhh sounds fishy but the car looks absolutly flawless I mean can a lexus dealership hold back valuable information and misinform me at some rate? I mean its at a lexus dealership. My patients is running on E.
what you guys think...!?
Old 06-13-08 | 12:04 PM
airtime
Racer
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by Driverseat
Thanks for the replys but here is why they said its not a cpo. The wheels on the car right now are chrome but its the stock 18inch wheel. They said because lexus did not offer the chrome plated stock wheel it (which I thought for 05 chrome finish was a option)was done aftermarket hince why its not a cpo car. Ehhh sounds fishy but the car looks absolutly flawless I mean can a lexus dealership hold back valuable information and misinform me at some rate? I mean its at a lexus dealership. My patients is running on E.
what you guys think...!?
You should then ask them to swap the wheels out for you to non chrome, have them CPO it, then ask to swap back to the chrome ones again.
Old 06-13-08 | 02:31 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Default Whoever told you that lied!

Originally Posted by Driverseat
what you guys think...!?
From the Lexus CPO model Library web-Page:

Sport Package with Chrome Wheels
- Euro-tuned Sport Suspension
- 18-in chrome wheels with P245/45R18 tires [15]
Individual Options
- SmartAccess
- Lexus Chrome Wheels (17-in or 18-in)
- 18-in polished-finish alloy wheels
- All-season tires
- Wheel locks
- Car cover
- Trunk mat
- Ashtray kit
- XM Satellite Radio capability

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/LS/2005.html

You are being lied to.

This car has issues they do not want to tell you about, or you are dealing with an idiot, or both.

Too bad it's from a Lexus dealership. I do expect better.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 06-13-08 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-13-08 | 05:08 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

Well, latest news when I called the dealership telling them that the 05 did come with chrome wheels as a opt. they put me on hold for about 3 min to come back and say they just sold the car... bs the car has been on the lot for over 40 days and it sells the day of my interest. Anyway I sent them another email off a different email address to see if that car is still for sale. If I catch them bs'n me I will make a call to the BBB. Its tuff finding people that understand that that a 05ls430 lexus is not worth over 40k anymore even if the kbb says so. back to waiting for something to come up.....
Old 06-13-08 | 05:31 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Default What dealership was this?

Please post a link to their site with the ad.

Randy B

BTW:

2005 LS430's are wholesaling for around 32K with 40K or less miles. These would be above average condition and options.
Old 06-13-08 | 06:36 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...1&rdpage=thumb
Old 06-13-08 | 07:22 PM
Tee

These guys sound really shaddy, sorry but there are too many RED flags to ignore. I say pass them by, find a place that deserves your business and value as a future customer.

I wish you well on your search!

Last edited by Tee; 06-13-08 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-13-08 | 07:26 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

tee, your signature is wayy 2 big
gta change that before dave gets on yur case lol

450x100 is what i think your allowed
ask the guys in the photoshop section to fix it for you if u dont know how
Old 06-13-08 | 07:36 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Smile I agree with this man 100%!!!!

Originally Posted by Tee
These guys sound really shaddy, sorry but there are too many RED flags to ignore. I say pass them by, find a place that deserves your business and value as a future customer.

I wish well on your search!
Run dont walk away from this dealership. Buy your car from another place all together even if you have to buy 40-60 miles away. Keep looking on the internet for what you want. Be patient bro, dont let emotion drive your purchase. In business a clear mind makes the best decision. Your not meant to have that car, it shouldnt be that much of a hassle to buy a car,walk away from the dealership all together.

Buy from another dealer and take your car there for service. This is a business deal when buying a car and we sometimes forget that. Imagine if any other place of business lied to you,would you buy from them?

Theres a better deal out there for you. Take your time and get the car you were meant to have. Something is probably wrong with that car or, they think some sucker will buy it without them having to cpo the car. Think about it, dont waste your time on a dealership not willing to treat you right bro.

L.G.N.M
Old 06-13-08 | 07:44 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

^^^ well said couldnt have stated it in any other way!
Old 06-14-08 | 10:10 AM
GS3Tek

Excuse my french but if these idiots are giving you such a hard time, why give them the business? What about bringing the car in for service?

By the way, it doesn't have the PCS, only dynamic laser cruise:

Quick Reply: ***Is this a good price for a ultra***