LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Gen 4 V7.1/V4.2 with override WORKING!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-08, 09:24 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CardsLS430
Got my Gen 4 v7.1 disk from Sewell Lexus yesterday and saw this thread. My 2004 LS430 has the original version 3.2 data disk. Thought I'd try it with that since I don't have the 4.1 disk and didn't see anything listed on the forum. I used ImageBurn to make an ISO and burn the disk.

Gen 4 v7.1/v3.2 boots up OK and the new data is there, but none of the buttons work on the page you end up at when hitting the destination button. Dragged the screen around to confirm that the streets that were not in 3.2 were on the new DVD and I can see lots of new data, but can't enter anything. Close, but no cigar.

Anyone want to post the 4.2 LOADING.KWI and INDEXDAT.KWI somewhere so I can see if I can burn one that may have working buttons?
I burned the disc with v 4.1 and I could not get the address buttons to work. Maps work fine.
Old 07-04-08, 11:24 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by airtime; 07-06-08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-05-08, 08:35 AM
killabeez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sparky3: I did not pull out any fuses to reload my firmware because I did not change my firmware. All i did was replace only the files that were already on my v4.2 disc with the v7.1 files except for the INDEXDAT.KWI, 05.CMP, and Loading.KWI. I repeat I did not replace those v4.2 files and did not add any extra files (05.cmp)!!! All of my buttons work, my override works, my address button and everything else the same way it did before i put my burned disc in. I will try my best to post a video today or something. I have not had any freezes or glitches since i've updated. Another thing I did not burn as an ISO, I burned as a DVD+R DL data disc using Roxio and a Memorex disc. No joke fellas. Or just IM me on yahoo: platinumbalck@yahoo.com I will leave it on over night and respond to everyone when i reach home this evening....Happy holidays to you all!
Old 07-05-08, 12:35 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by killabeez
sparky3: I did not pull out any fuses to reload my firmware because I did not change my firmware. All i did was replace only the files that were already on my v4.2 disc with the v7.1 files except for the INDEXDAT.KWI, 05.CMP, and Loading.KWI. I repeat I did not replace those v4.2 files and did not add any extra files (05.cmp)!!! All of my buttons work, my override works, my address button and everything else the same way it did before i put my burned disc in. I will try my best to post a video today or something. I have not had any freezes or glitches since i've updated. Another thing I did not burn as an ISO, I burned as a DVD+R DL data disc using Roxio and a Memorex disc. No joke fellas. Or just IM me on yahoo: platinumbalck@yahoo.com I will leave it on over night and respond to everyone when i reach home this evening....Happy holidays to you all!
could you do us a favor. Can you verify the files on the disk you created. Looking at your screenshots, there are more than two files which have date of 2004 earlier. Also what is the size of your v7 dik. Is it original or copied version?
Old 07-05-08, 03:26 PM
CardsLS430
Driver School Candidate

All my files in the root directory of my hybrid disk match killabeez's dated files except for INDEXDAT.KWI and LOADING.KWI. I would expect that since I'm using 3.2 instead of his 4.2 version of those files. All file sizes in the root directory are the same.

There are no size listings on his screen cap for the other directories, but my total v 7.1/v 3.2 disk size is 6.80 GB (7,310,860,288 bytes) and my v 7.1 disk is 6.80 GB (7,311,171,584 bytes) so I'm not sure where his extra data is coming from. My source for the v 7.1 is the dealer provided upgrade DVD.

I don't think the ImgBurn versus Roxio or the ISO versus burning the files directly is a factor since I burned a backup both ways of my V 3.2 disk and it works fine. I can burn a copy exactly as killabeez is suggesting on Monday when I go back to work except for the 4.2 files. I'll ask again, if any of you want to post the 4.2 files somewhere I'd love to see if I can duplicate killabeez's success.
Old 07-05-08, 06:18 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CardsLS430
All my files in the root directory of my hybrid disk match killabeez's dated files except for INDEXDAT.KWI and LOADING.KWI. I would expect that since I'm using 3.2 instead of his 4.2 version of those files. All file sizes in the root directory are the same.

There are no size listings on his screen cap for the other directories, but my total v 7.1/v 3.2 disk size is 6.80 GB (7,310,860,288 bytes) and my v 7.1 disk is 6.80 GB (7,311,171,584 bytes) so I'm not sure where his extra data is coming from. My source for the v 7.1 is the dealer provided upgrade DVD.

I don't think the ImgBurn versus Roxio or the ISO versus burning the files directly is a factor since I burned a backup both ways of my V 3.2 disk and it works fine. I can burn a copy exactly as killabeez is suggesting on Monday when I go back to work except for the 4.2 files. I'll ask again, if any of you want to post the 4.2 files somewhere I'd love to see if I can duplicate killabeez's success.
My V7 disk is also 6.8 gb. V4 is about 7.67 gb.
Old 07-05-08, 08:00 PM
airtime
Racer

Last edited by airtime; 07-06-08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-05-08, 09:56 PM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I'm saying is this - I guarantee if you pull that 7.5 amp fuse with the power on and "reload" the firmware, your disc will not work. It's just a matter of time before yours stops working. Keep in mind many of us here have been on 5.1/6.1/7.1 and HAVE to pull the fuse to "downgrade" to 4.2/7.1.

I had no access to the destination / address buttons with your disc.
Shawn
Old 07-05-08, 11:31 PM
killabeez
Driver School Candidate

Why would i have to pull the fuse again? I dont think i would ever need to downgrade if mine works now perfectly though. All i was saying in general what i did and that i currently have NO problems. I didnt change much of anything and i am still using my same firmware. I was telling those who had the override feature already what to do to get the updated map and POIs and still have the same functionality. I'm a newbie that was trying to get my nav updated and wanted my override as well. I only had my car for a month on Monday. Just trying to help.
Old 07-05-08, 11:59 PM
killabeez
Driver School Candidate

Here is V7.1 disc specs

Last edited by killabeez; 05-03-17 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-06-08, 12:02 AM
airtime
Racer

I want to be the first to welcome you to this community and do appreciate you wanting to help this daunting issue but its a sticky subject as many have tried and non succeeded and then a newbie comes in and solves the problem, well we get a little skeptical. As I have posting on top of the thread, I would applaud you when this method is confirmed working

Last edited by airtime; 07-06-08 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-06-08, 12:03 AM
killabeez
Driver School Candidate

This is the V4.2 Modded Specs. If you notice that the IDX folder is like 1 gig bigger.

Last edited by killabeez; 05-03-17 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-06-08, 12:26 AM
airtime
Racer

This is the V4.2 Modded Specs. If you notice that the IDX folder is like 1 gig bigger.
How did it get bigger? You listed V7.1 to be 3.85, and the modded became 4.83?

Are you using the v4.2 idx folder?

You have wrote:
All i did was replace only the files that were already on my v4.2 disc with the v7.1 files except for the INDEXDAT.KWI, 05.CMP, and Loading.KWI.

Last edited by airtime; 07-06-08 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-06-08, 12:38 AM
killabeez
Driver School Candidate

Default You are right!!!

Hey Airtime you are absolutely correct!!! I missed the IDX folder. I did not copy over that folder. It stayed the same. I just put my V4.2 disc in the computer and the dates are the same. So i did not copy over that folder. So instead of 3 files there should have been 4 that were not copied over. Good catch sir!! I forgot to mention that IDX folder, i guess cuz its so close to INDEX, i was not thinking! Sorry about the mix up. Send my deepest apologies! Dang man, I'm F-ing up, huh?!!!
Old 07-06-08, 11:54 AM
CardsLS430
Driver School Candidate

Gotta give props to killabeez. Looks like he might be on to something.

Burned a new v7.1/v3.2 disk and left the LOADING.KWI, INDEXDAT.KWI, and the IDX directory from the v3.2 disk. Did not copy the 05.cmp file from the v7.1 disk to the new hybrid disk. Used Roxio with no ISO.

It boots up with all buttons working and the OVERIDE WORKS. I also got my POI back which did not show up on the map as I was driving along when using the new v7.1 IDX directory on the previous hybrid disk. I've got to do some more testing, but this looks very promising so far.

Appreciate the tip killabeez and I'll let you all know if I run into any strange behavior.

Quick Reply: Lexus Gen 4 V7.1/V4.2 with override WORKING!!