LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Gen 4 V7.1/V4.2 with override WORKING!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-08, 08:54 PM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by killabeez
nc356: I use my bluetooth dialing all the time. I have not had any issues yet but that is the only way that i can use my phone anyway because i dropped it in the pool so speakers dont work on my phone nor the screen. trying to wait till plan expires....lol

Sparky3: Hey man don't worry about it, you are still the coolest fellow on YOUR block. I have no problems with you and you are my favorite penpal..lol. You keep me on edge and is full of drama like my wife...lol. You are OK with me GUY!!

Hey guys/gals lets lay off sparky3 for awhile i think that he meant well...lol
Easy there rookie...
Old 07-10-08, 02:33 AM
David M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie here and my 430 Ultra isn't even here yet.

Does a data DVD have to be in a drive somewhere in the car for the gps to work? I infer that from this thread. When I asked about upgrading the data to the latest, I was informed to take the car to the dealer and they'd do it. I seem to remember an associated charge of $175!!! Can we get the discs and do it ourselves? How much does the disc alone cost? $75 or so?

I got millions of questions on this car but I'll start new threads for the rest .
Thanks
Old 07-10-08, 08:40 AM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

David,
Good luck with your search for an Ultra.
In the meantime,most of the answers to the questions you have already posted can be found by doing a search on the forum and just like with a car, patience and perseverence will be rewarded.
Old 07-10-08, 10:32 AM
David M
Driver

Well, I've read that entire 4 pages of the LS430 forum so I guess my questions are legit.
Old 07-10-08, 11:06 AM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by David M

Does a data DVD have to be in a drive somewhere in the car for the gps to work? I infer that from this thread. When I asked about upgrading the data to the latest, I was informed to take the car to the dealer and they'd do it. I seem to remember an associated charge of $175!!! Can we get the discs and do it ourselves? How much does the disc alone cost? $75 or so?

I got millions of questions on this car but I'll start new threads for the rest .
Thanks
Hi David,

Yes, the Navigation DVD has to be loaded in the right rear of the trunk. You can easily upgrade to the lastest disk yourself. All you have to do it lift the carpet in the right rear of the trunk, then there should be a carpeted panel under that, remove and it should expose the Navigation DVD unit. Unscrew the two phillips screw, the unit should then pop up at an angle. Eject the DVD by sliding the slider and the disk will come out. Put the new disk in and you saved the install charges from the dealer. In all, it should take about 3 minutes of work if you have done it before. 5 minutes if you haven't

Buy from a sponsor dealer here as there are discount to be had

Dave.
Old 07-10-08, 02:31 PM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

David,
There are more than 4 pages of the forum. Here's a link to the archives which shows 12 pages and 2,783 threads that may be a bit simpler to go through.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/arc...php/f-158.html

Good luck,
Old 07-16-08, 06:31 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm glad someone has gotten it work besides me...Thanks for the Post CardsLS430! I would not try to stray anyone to make believe I had something that I didn't. I was so excited that I joined different Forums just to post what I have found. Hopefully others can get this to work with no problems!!!
My disc is acting funny. I had version 7.1 and downgraded to V 7.1 / 4.1. Every thing works fine except I can not input address. I can enter city, house and rd and when I hit ok it takes me back to destination screen. I can choose POI and it works fine for them.

I think it has an conflict because of version 7. I downgraded it by pulling the fuse. However, I still have my old history which I never lost. Today I tried to remove battery terminal for 40 mins but again the same. I still have my old bluetooth and address selections.

What you guys suggest to do?. I mean how can I fully downgrade to older version. I would try to take battery off for all night. Any advice to correct this problem ?
Thanks in advance
Old 07-16-08, 10:16 PM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sfuad
My disc is acting funny. I had version 7.1 and downgraded to V 7.1 / 4.1. Every thing works fine except I can not input address. I can enter city, house and rd and when I hit ok it takes me back to destination screen. I can choose POI and it works fine for them.

I think it has an conflict because of version 7. I downgraded it by pulling the fuse. However, I still have my old history which I never lost. Today I tried to remove battery terminal for 40 mins but again the same. I still have my old bluetooth and address selections.

What you guys suggest to do?. I mean how can I fully downgrade to older version. I would try to take battery off for all night. Any advice to correct this problem ?
Thanks in advance
Pull your fuse with the ignition on, then put your 4.2 disc back in. Reinsert fuse and viola!
Old 07-17-08, 06:47 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Tried again pulling fuse with ignition on, no success.
Simply pulling the fuse does not help. I am still getting my settings, even the screen color.

I even tried taking the battery terminals off for 6 hrs and it still the same.

How can I loose all setting from my nav system. i mean my stored addresses and screen configurations?
Old 07-19-08, 03:59 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by David M

Thanks
Please check the sticky on top of the LS430 forum.
Old 08-13-08, 07:36 AM
sazzam
Driver School Candidate

This is the V4.2 Modded Specs. If you notice that the IDX folder is like 1 gig bigger.
KUDOS to Killabeez,

My mod folder is exactly the same except for the Loadding.kwi that has a different date. The only problem I am facing is while inputing the address, I can input the house # and the street name then the navigation goes back to the destination screen. Please help, I have tried this DVD on Sienna 2005, Prius 2005 and my Lexus RX300.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Gen 4 V7.1/V4.2 with override WORKING!!-my-nav-folder.jpg  
Old 08-13-08, 10:33 PM
Carmelstev
Rookie

So, is it my understanding that with this hybrid disc your POI's would still be from the old disc? If so, what would be the purpose of upgrading? My main use of navigation is to locate goods and services in proximity to where I am. In other words, when I'm in an unknown area, I want to know where the nearest gas station or restaurant is. If the POI's are several years old, this will not be accurate.

Steve
Old 08-14-08, 07:48 AM
airtime
Racer

Originally Posted by Carmelstev
So, is it my understanding that with this hybrid disc your POI's would still be from the old disc? If so, what would be the purpose of upgrading? My main use of navigation is to locate goods and services in proximity to where I am. In other words, when I'm in an unknown area, I want to know where the nearest gas station or restaurant is. If the POI's are several years old, this will not be accurate.

Steve
That is exactly why I'll be using my current nav disk. In any case, I cannot get a hold of the OP (Killabeez) as there are some issues with this still Hybrid disk. I don't think anyone else has actually made a successful burn. I thought I did but just as someone posted, yes the address is no longer grayed out, but once you enter the address, it goes back to where it doesn't "take" the info you just input. Is there anyone out there that can confirm with 100% all function works? otherwise this thread is dead.
Old 09-19-08, 11:29 AM
prech
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump, I'm also interested in confirming proper function with this 4.1/4.2/5.1 + 7.1 mod...
Old 09-19-08, 11:42 AM
airtime
Racer

Originally Posted by prech
Bump, I'm also interested in confirming proper function with this 4.1/4.2/5.1 + 7.1 mod...
It's been determined that this does NOT work. Once you've entered in the address, it pops you back out without accepting the address. It did look promising and I too was taken in as it seem to all work, except for that function which is the most important part.

Current best working disk is the 5.1/6.1 Hybrid which should be OK for the masses as for most cities dwellers, not a lot of street are added in v7.1, maybe just POIs.

Quick Reply: Lexus Gen 4 V7.1/V4.2 with override WORKING!!