LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 power window, power lock, trunk release problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 10:32 PM
Red Square
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS430 power window, power lock, trunk release problems

hey guys, im think about buying a 2001 ls430 from a friend, but is has alot of electric problems that i think might be all related some how.

Problems:
-driver side can not control the other 3 windows (but each door can contol their own)
-power door lock switch does not work
-keyless entre/alarm does not work
-trunk release button does not work
-gas door button does not work
-side mirror controls do not work

wondering if any of you guys had simular problems or if know these problems are related some how. is there a fuse that controls them items?

thanks
Old 07-23-08, 11:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Square
hey guys, im think about buying a 2001 ls430 from a friend, but is has alot of electric problems that i think might be all related some how.

Problems:
-driver side can not control the other 3 windows (but each door can contol their own)-???
-power door lock switch does not work-could be the door lock actuator that's been brought up? I haven't had this problem.
-keyless entre/alarm does not work-fuse???
-trunk release button does not work-make sure trunk lock button isn't pushed in. You release it with your mechanical key
-gas door button does not work-fuse???
-side mirror controls do not work-fuse???

wondering if any of you guys had simular problems or if know these problems are related some how. is there a fuse that controls them items?

thanks
First thing I would do is check the fuses. Could be a common fuse that control all of these.
Poke around under the driver's and passenger foot area for the fuse box.
LS is still new to me but shouldn't be too different from other lexuseseses.
Old 08-20-20, 06:44 AM
Lexus084
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problems:
-driver side can not control the other 3 windows (but each door can contol their own)

thanks
I am having the same problem on my lexus ls 430 2004 ultra luxury.
​​​​​​Still searching for a solution.

Last edited by Lexus084; 08-21-20 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-17-20, 09:52 PM
Lexus084
10th Gear

Problems:

thanks
Have you fixed the problem?
I am still sucked with same issues ur having.
Old 11-02-23, 03:43 AM
ONashir
Rookie

Default Fuse issues or ECU

Problems:

thanks

Fuse issues or ECU and the harness.. What does diagnosis says any codes?? To get it done cheap find good local strero shop that knows Ls 430 electrical layout. it's not easy to work its very advance for 20 years old car.

Old 11-02-23, 09:13 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 255 Likes on 210 Posts

@ONashir
The original post was in 2008 :-)
Old 04-22-24, 06:19 PM
BradT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the gas door fuse in the trunk on the drivers side. I think its a 7.5amp.
Old 05-19-24, 09:28 AM
Jerrymcd
2nd gear

Default Theft security control module

I know this is an old thread, and my first post, so please forgive any newbie error.

i am experiencing the same issues listed above. All electrical issues started on the same day. My additional issues include the folding mirrors refuse to unfold, the anti theft alarm light flashes once every 4 or 5 seconds (parked or driving), all windows function on their individual controls, but not from the drivers door switch. I also had a battery drain issue (or maybe just a 4 year old battery) leaving the battery at 10.4 volts.

I checked all fuses in four different locations, the main inline fuses by the battery, I did not check the relays.

there really is not a lot of information about this but from what I can tell it may be the Anti-Theft Alarm Control Unit PN 89780-50030. This is based off of Lexus searches with similar problems only related to other models. I have not found WHERE this unit is located, or any procedures to replace it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Old 05-20-24, 06:22 AM
biacs
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

trunk release has a key lock :-) if lock is pressed in, you need to unlock trunk w the key between trunk and gas door buttons!

Power windows all need a 'reset' if battery loss or switch swap. Just google the steps.
Old 05-20-24, 06:42 AM
Jerrymcd
2nd gear

Originally Posted by biacs
trunk release has a key lock :-) if lock is pressed in, you need to unlock trunk w the key between trunk and gas door buttons!

Power windows all need a 'reset' if battery loss or switch swap. Just google the steps.
appreciate your time and reply, I am fully aware of the basic functionality of the window and lock system.

the problem lies deeper then a simple battery replacement and car reset.

as stated in my op, several systems died at once, then drained the battery. Another symptom of this that I forgot to mention is that the dash board is completely dead with the key in AUX position, fully lit up and functioning when in the second position (on).

all help is appreciated! 😃