LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Do any company make custom OEM fit leather seat cover replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-08, 01:17 AM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Do any company make custom OEM fit leather seat cover replacements?

Just wondering if there are any company that makes custom fit OEM style leather seat covers for the LS430? I searched the net and found most make it for the LS400 model but not the LS430. Is it because they don't have a pattern yet or did a LS430 all these years. I'm not sure if these guys do http://www.11i-usa.com/seat_spo_pre.html and these guys http://www.leatherseats.com/LexusLS_leather_kit.asp make for the LS400 and not LS430. My seats are not ready yet but just looking in case I want them all brand new again. I wouldn't mind spending $500 or so to get my seats back to new again when the time is right. Maybe in Japan they have some. I don't know???? Post websites, prices and info if you can.

DanozLS430...
Old 08-04-08, 10:08 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Something to consider...

I'm not sure how things work in Hawaii. I've only been there once and I was on Vacation so I didn't get to see much outside of La Haina and Ka'anapali (if that's how you spell it.) Here in Texas though, most every car dealer has a contact for a company that does OEM leather replacement for just about any vehicle. I would suggest you go to the biggest dealership in your area and ask the sales department who they get to install leather for them. I am certain that they will have someone in mind. Tell them what you're trying to accomplish and they should be able to help. The cost to re-do the leather in a typical car here is $995 for two front buckets and the rear seat. They can do OEM color match or you could go custom. Good luck!
Old 08-04-08, 02:50 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
I'm not sure how things work in Hawaii. I've only been there once and I was on Vacation so I didn't get to see much outside of La Haina and Ka'anapali (if that's how you spell it.) Here in Texas though, most every car dealer has a contact for a company that does OEM leather replacement for just about any vehicle. I would suggest you go to the biggest dealership in your area and ask the sales department who they get to install leather for them. I am certain that they will have someone in mind. Tell them what you're trying to accomplish and they should be able to help. The cost to re-do the leather in a typical car here is $995 for two front buckets and the rear seat. They can do OEM color match or you could go custom. Good luck!

That's not a bad price for the entire front and back seats redone in leather. I have a small 1/16 hole ih the middle of my rear seat and called several professional leather touch guys and they all wanted about $120-$150 for that small job. Would be nice to redo the whole car brand spanking new. I'll call and check the local car seat leather shops.

DanozLS430...
Old 08-04-08, 05:13 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I think there are a few companies that make seat covers but only problem is the factory seat covers have the holes in it for the ac seats. Not sure if the aftermarket ones have the holes. I have the UCF 30/31 magazine (if you don't have it). You're more then welcome to check it out. LMK.
Old 08-04-08, 05:44 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then you can choose Perforated Leather for the center of the seats for AC cooling.
Old 08-04-08, 07:07 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Then you can choose Perforated Leather for the center of the seats for AC cooling.
I have the early model 2001 LS430 with no air cool seats. I believe the later ones came with those. I called a local seat upholstery shop and he explained about the perforated and non perforated years. The quote was $1,800 for front and back all leather. If you want half vinyl (side and back) and half leather (front sitting area) cost would be $1,150. Are these high prices compared to your state?

DanozLS430....
Old 08-04-08, 07:18 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by teamplayer
I think there are a few companies that make seat covers but only problem is the factory seat covers have the holes in it for the ac seats. Not sure if the aftermarket ones have the holes. I have the UCF 30/31 magazine (if you don't have it). You're more then welcome to check it out. LMK.
Where did you get this magazine from. Magazine shop or Japan?

DanozLS430....
Old 08-04-08, 09:00 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by DanozLS430
I have the early model 2001 LS430 with no air cool seats. I believe the later ones came with those. I called a local seat upholstery shop and he explained about the perforated and non perforated years. The quote was $1,800 for front and back all leather. If you want half vinyl (side and back) and half leather (front sitting area) cost would be $1,150. Are these high prices compared to your state?

DanozLS430....
I think you can find cheaper, these prices are including installation, right?

Also depends on what type of leather you select, there are hundreds of different type of leather to choose from.
Old 08-04-08, 09:08 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I think you can find cheaper, these prices are including installation, right?

Also depends on what type of leather you select, there are hundreds of different type of leather to choose from.
The quotes were for for the same non perforated leather for my year car. Seems like all of these guys charge on the high side in Hawaii compared to mainland. I contacted Clazzio today who makes well fitted seat covers in leather and they said they don;t make for the Lexus because our cars usually comes in leather. They make for Toyota and Scion mainly. I know I seen a Clazzio seat cover in the classified for the LS400 model from Japan. It seem like most online shops don't have the pattern for our cars and go up to the LS400 or the Is models only. Someone needs to create a pattern for these guys.

DanozLS430.....
Old 08-04-08, 09:12 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Contact Leatherseats.com?? Aren' they vendor here?
If they can make it, you can get top quality one for under 1K, and ask some local shop to install for less than 200?
Old 08-04-08, 10:28 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Dan, I got the magazine from Bryan Lee. He brought in a few but I'm not sure if he has anymore. If you wanna check it out, I'll be at the car show in a couple of weeks (my car will be there). I'll bring it with me for the hell of it and in case you wanna take a look at it.

Cody still has his Sparcos (all leather) which used to be in his GS. Hit him up if you'd be interested.
Old 08-04-08, 11:29 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by teamplayer
Dan, I got the magazine from Bryan Lee. He brought in a few but I'm not sure if he has anymore. If you wanna check it out, I'll be at the car show in a couple of weeks (my car will be there). I'll bring it with me for the hell of it and in case you wanna take a look at it.

Cody still has his Sparcos (all leather) which used to be in his GS. Hit him up if you'd be interested.
What car show is this? I'm kind of out of it. What does your car look like? I'll check it out if I can make it. I appreciate you bringing down the mags to view.

DanozLS430...
Old 08-05-08, 08:22 AM
SH212
Dances with goats

Originally Posted by lexxuss
Good question! I like to replace my black seats with these:
THATS NICE!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-08, 09:00 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Default Info for Danoz...

Originally Posted by DanozLS430

DanozLS430....

Apologize for not clarifying... the $995 installed price for front and back is with Leather on the seating surfaces and Leather Match on the sides. I'm not sure who the guys are getting their leather from there but I've seen lots of jobs done with the Leather Match and it looks awesome. The guys here offer OEM color match, custom colors, custom piping, custom stitching, and perforated and non-perforated leathers. I'm not sure what they charge for an all Leather application here but I would expect it to be more expensive. Hawaii is probably going to cost more because the hides probably have to be shipped via boat to get to the guys over there. I was there in 2005 and everything was quite a bit more expensive than it is here in Texas. I think the prices they've quoted sound fair considering you're in Hawaii. I would ask to the guy to show some of his work. Maybe look at a car he has recently done and also ask to see a car he has done about a year ago to see how it's holding up. Also, ask him who he gets his leather from and what kind of hide he's using. Stay away from a "split grain that's been corrected" they are a thin leather usually split from the bottom portion of the hide (that's the inner portion of the hide) and then an artificial grain is embedded on the leather to make it look real. It looks good new but it doesn't last very long and cracks fairly easily. Ideally you want a "full grain" leather or at least a "top grain" leather. Don't get fulled by fancy leather titles such as "Corinthian" leather or "Italian" leather. That's just marketing BS. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-05-08, 10:24 AM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
Apologize for not clarifying... the $995 installed price for front and back is with Leather on the seating surfaces and Leather Match on the sides. I'm not sure who the guys are getting their leather from there but I've seen lots of jobs done with the Leather Match and it looks awesome. The guys here offer OEM color match, custom colors, custom piping, custom stitching, and perforated and non-perforated leathers. I'm not sure what they charge for an all Leather application here but I would expect it to be more expensive. Hawaii is probably going to cost more because the hides probably have to be shipped via boat to get to the guys over there. I was there in 2005 and everything was quite a bit more expensive than it is here in Texas. I think the prices they've quoted sound fair considering you're in Hawaii. I would ask to the guy to show some of his work. Maybe look at a car he has recently done and also ask to see a car he has done about a year ago to see how it's holding up. Also, ask him who he gets his leather from and what kind of hide he's using. Stay away from a "split grain that's been corrected" they are a thin leather usually split from the bottom portion of the hide (that's the inner portion of the hide) and then an artificial grain is embedded on the leather to make it look real. It looks good new but it doesn't last very long and cracks fairly easily. Ideally you want a "full grain" leather or at least a "top grain" leather. Don't get fulled by fancy leather titles such as "Corinthian" leather or "Italian" leather. That's just marketing BS. Good luck with your search.
Thanks for all your leather knowledge. Great info on type of hides.

DanozLS430...

Last edited by DanozLS430; 08-05-08 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Do any company make custom OEM fit leather seat cover replacements?