Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Mirror: WLED-WHP
Door: WLED-WHP
Trunk: WLED-WHP
Reverse: 194 (wedge)
License Plate: WLED-X6
Map Lights & Rear Map Lights: BA9 LED's
Dome:31mm festoon

I have no idea what the door handle and foot lights are, they are do dayum small it looks like a real PITA to swap them out.
Door latch (interior):??
Old 11-14-08, 07:59 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow..i like the reverse leds....mine are on its way here....bought mine from v-leds.....can't wait
Old 11-14-08, 12:59 PM
BrianJ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Mirror: WLED-WHP
Door: WLED-WHP
Trunk: WLED-WHP
License Plate: WLED-X6
Dome:31mm festoon

I have no idea what the door handle and foot lights are, they are do dayum small it looks like a real PITA to swap them out.
Door latch (interior):??
Here's what I came up with & plan to order. Let me know if it's incorrect.
Attached Thumbnails Side Mirrors LED Light Install w/ Pix-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by BrianJ; 11-15-08 at 05:45 AM.
Old 11-14-08, 06:11 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Mirror: 194(wedge bulb)
Door: 194(wedge bulb)
Trunk: 194(wedge bulb)
License Plate: 194(wedge bulb)
Dome:3022 festoon bulb
Old 11-14-08, 09:07 PM
airtime
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that we have a complete list, this should go into FAQ section.
Old 11-15-08, 06:33 AM
BrianJ
Driver

I've updated my post above that includes the quantity and product description from superbrightleds.com. If it's incorrect let me know and I'll update.
Old 02-20-09, 08:14 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Default sorry to bring this forum bck but have a better way

found a better way i took a credit card and popped the lights out now i have LEDs in my mirrors
Attached Thumbnails Side Mirrors LED Light Install w/ Pix-get-attachment.aspx1.jpg  
Old 02-20-09, 08:16 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Default found a better way sorry

loving the LEDs will have more pics soon
Attached Thumbnails Side Mirrors LED Light Install w/ Pix-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  
Old 02-21-09, 06:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude thats awesome, now i will do this one soon. i wanted to do this one but after i read all the stuff involved i was like nah... i'll give this way a try now. thanks,
Old 02-21-09, 08:05 AM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Sojah,

No problem the same with me! (was to scared to try those steps) but i called the dealer they said it pops right out i said are u sure??response (yes).... then i asked can they do it for me they said we charge by the hour and it only take five mins to do ....when i looked at this forum i said no way in hell that's going told take five mins... dealer to me to use a flat screw-driver..but i tried a old credit card to be safe ....take your time don't rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Swagga82; 02-21-09 at 08:55 AM. Reason: TAKE YOUR TIME DON'T RUSH
Old 02-21-09, 11:31 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Okay Swagga82,

That is very cool news, now can you share more info like//

What was the best angle with the crediit card/flat head?
Where they easy to pop back in or you had to work to pop them back in?

I did mine already from the write up but it would help others who have not tried it yet.
Old 02-21-09, 12:35 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

well i should of took more PIX, my fault but i used the edge of the credit card and popped it out from each side.. i had to used the same credit card to pop it right back in that's why i say try not to RUSH and take your time....!!!! SORRY for THE lack of pix i was kinda hype when the dealer told me it pops right out i just ran outside and started working!!!
Old 02-27-09, 03:14 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm,, yeah, so my passenger side light did not pop out like your pic at all. the whole freakin plastic cover broke off somewhat cleanly but popped out. i changed the light and was really stressing cuz it wouldn't really stay flush when i popped it back in. it kinda was loose and i was worried about it falling off if i hit a bump while driving. so i had to super glue it back on... another one of my favorite things to do on a lexus (first time so far on the ls 430). the other one popped out cleanly like your pic but was a ***** to get out and even harder to get back in. i guess all is good and it seems okay unless you run your fingers along the ridges of the clear plastic part under the mirror then you will feel some rough raised spots.

like the guy swagga said if you are going to do this somewhat 'hack' method do it very slowly so as not to mess it up like i did. i wonder if this is just a prelude to me installing the datasystems air controller thing once the package arrives...?? sure hope not...
Old 02-28-09, 08:45 PM
Swagga82
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
hmmm,, yeah, so my passenger side light did not pop out like your pic at all. the whole freakin plastic cover broke off somewhat cleanly but popped out. i changed the light and was really stressing cuz it wouldn't really stay flush when i popped it back in. it kinda was loose and i was worried about it falling off if i hit a bump while driving. so i had to super glue it back on... another one of my favorite things to do on a lexus (first time so far on the ls 430). the other one popped out cleanly like your pic but was a ***** to get out and even harder to get back in. i guess all is good and it seems okay unless you run your fingers along the ridges of the clear plastic part under the mirror then you will feel some rough raised spots.

like the guy swagga said if you are going to do this somewhat 'hack' method do it very slowly so as not to mess it up like i did. i wonder if this is just a prelude to me installing the datasystems air controller thing once the package arrives...?? sure hope not...
damn sorry to hear but it didn't have any issues with anything breaking under the mirror, but i did take my time when i use the credit to pop each side out till it was loose then used the credit card the same way to pop it right back in...,,,,, i did take my time because i didn't want to break anything

Quick Reply: Side Mirrors LED Light Install w/ Pix