------ Finally! ------

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08 | 11:12 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Default ------ Finally! ------

It's been a long time comin' baby!

She's all mine!

2005 with 47k. $27k plus taxes/reg. Dealer switched out the rims for the chome 5 spokes (only a very little curb rash vs the badly damaged silvers). Came with 1 reg key, 1 valet key (no trunk pop on it at least so i assume it's valet?), and the credit card key. Car is in pretty great shape. Some small scratches here and there, a very slight ding above the drivers side rear door and one towards the front of the roof. Very clean inside. Car already has the viastech installed! Also had some sort of SAT radio or something installed on it in in the drivers foot well (which I removed as it was taking up my knee space).

SUPER HAPPY! I'll have some better pictures up soon, but until then heres one from the dealers site.
Attached Thumbnails ------ Finally! -------2655757_6.jpg  
Old 08-22-08 | 01:35 AM
ChocosLS430
Intermediate

Congrats! Nice car... Now some small modding will start....It's so hard to resist larger rims, coilovers, exhaust tips, etc.

DanozLS430...
Old 08-22-08 | 05:10 AM
Tee

Congrats, and welcome to Club LS!
Old 08-22-08 | 05:15 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

What options does it have? Price seems good, and mileage not too high. I'm guessing from price, not CPO from Lexus. I'm also looking right now... looking looking looking... into a 2005 LS430. The one I'm looking at is black/black with custom luxury and 18" wheels for $32K before tax/title. Mileage is 28K though.
Old 08-22-08 | 07:41 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Default This is the one from a few months back?

Looks like the ad from the one a few months back. They put some mileage on it since then.

Randy B
Old 08-22-08 | 07:53 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! Congratulations!
Old 08-22-08 | 10:14 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

DanozLS430 - True, modding is a an itch that begs to be scratched but I plan on driving this one for a long time so I don't think I'll be making any mods other than maybe some wheels, tint, and upgraded sub. I was even a little iffy seeing the electrical mods done to the car. I've had a terrible experience with my prior car and modding it. Things just really went south with creaks and moans from suspension, ride went to ****, interior parts never went back together the way they started so that started to creak! No bueno.

Tee - Thank you sir!

AlexusAnja - Yeah, not a CPO. Still of course has the 70 warranty, but bumper to bumper is pretty much gone with only 3k left. At least give me a couple months to evaluate and make any fixes I think should be done. As far as options just the basics (Modern Lux). He also had some Customs and UL available with slightly higher mileage and decent pricing but I'm afraid of the air suspension and auto closers going out! 1k for each individual strut/closer is scary. And it seems that most agree'd that eventually the sandwiched glass will start to pull apart/fog. I'm planning to drive this for a long time so I didn't want to take any chances. Other features of CL/UL were not that intriging. Cooler seems kinda wack since it just uses AC to cool. I could car less about the upgraded headliner/carpet. Nicer leather would be sweet but mine is pretty nice. etc etc... Just didn't think it was a balance of risk/reward/value.

Randy B - That one got sold about a week or so ago. This one is basically the same except the extra 6k mileage, and it has the grey interior instead of black (would have preffered the black but the silver is very nice as well). Thank you again sir for your help with that btw. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

I6turbo - Thank you! I'm super happy! I can barely sit here at the keyboard and type. I just want to go for a drive!

Last edited by bigcory; 08-22-08 at 10:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-22-08 | 10:26 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Congrats!
Let the modding begin!!!
Old 08-22-08 | 11:34 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default No UL for me

Originally Posted by bigcory
AlexusAnja - Yeah, not a CPO. Still of course has the 70 warranty, but bumper to bumper is pretty much gone with only 3k left. At least give me a couple months to evaluate and make any fixes I think should be done. As far as options just the basics (Modern Lux). He also had some Customs and UL available with slightly higher mileage and decent pricing but I'm afraid of the air suspension and auto closers going out! 1k for each individual strut/closer is scary. And it seems that most agree'd that eventually the sandwiched glass will start to pull apart/fog. I'm planning to drive this for a long time so I didn't want to take any chances. Other features of CL/UL were not that intriging. Cooler seems kinda wack since it just uses AC to cool. I could car less about the upgraded headliner/carpet. Nicer leather would be sweet but mine is pretty nice. etc etc... Just didn't think it was a balance of risk/reward/value.
I agree with most of your statements about the UL and CL levels. For me, with three kids, the UL level is a waste for me, in terms of the rear entertainment and massage "stuff" back there. I do like the rear door sunshades though, which doesn't come with any other packages. As for the closing doors, I think no matter what, you can still close the door by pulling on it.

As for the laminated glass, have not heard anything or read about them prematurely failing. Plus, with the manufacturing of modern glass, I doubt the "bubbling" or sheering would ever be an issue.

Beside the lack of use, another reason for us to not pursue the UL, are the air suspensions. LIke you said, just extra things to fail and cost to repair. I can live with the "regular" Lexus suspension.

Also, the CL I'm looking at, the previous owner opted for the semi-analine seats... very very plush. Almost too plush and I feel like I might rip them by just sitting on them. (I'm not 300 lbs. I'm only 180 lbs.)
Old 08-22-08 | 02:10 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Here's a link to the glass issue. Probably not common, but a lot less likely with single pane glass : )

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...aminated+glass

And the air suspension...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...pension+failed
Old 08-22-08 | 04:58 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Niiiiiice

Welkum to the SILVER LS club!

Hellva car, your gonna love it. I bought another car just to run errands in and i cant pull myself outta the LS to drive anything else. I'm hooked
Old 08-23-08 | 12:00 AM
GS3Tek

Congrats on the new LS bigcory

If you want a buttery smooth, super quiet, road-rage inhibiting, blood-pressure lowering car, this is it

I can't believe how smooth everytime I get into the LS and isolate myself from the outside noise.

For the UL, I have yet to even to use the massage for myself.
The option that I've used the most is the HIGH/NORM button when I get in/out of low driveways.
Old 08-25-08 | 01:39 AM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your LS!
Old 08-25-08 | 10:03 PM
Carmelstev
Rookie

Cory-

Is that K and F Auto? That's where I bought mine.
Old 08-25-08 | 10:32 PM
JemmyTran
Pole Position

Congrats on the new baby

Quick Reply: ------ Finally! ------