LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to identify nav software version without ejecting the DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-08, 06:02 AM
irmichel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to identify nav software version without ejecting the DVD?

Has anyone got a clue as to how to identify the software version on a 2001 Mark Levinson with sat-nav without opening de DVD-drive in the boot? Is there a secret or hidden menu to be opened ?

The dealership claims that they updated the nav system but a 3 year old road near my home isn't showing on the map. Therefore I think they are pulling another fast one on me (the car is going back on wednesday after a disaster-like delivery full of lies, big and small faults).

Michel
Old 08-24-08, 10:30 AM
Haylands
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by irmichel
Has anyone got a clue as to how to identify the software version on a 2001 Mark Levinson with sat-nav without opening de DVD-drive in the boot? Is there a secret or hidden menu to be opened ?

The dealership claims that they updated the nav system but a 3 year old road near my home isn't showing on the map. Therefore I think they are pulling another fast one on me (the car is going back on wednesday after a disaster-like delivery full of lies, big and small faults).

Michel
Hi
Never heard of one, but its very easy to get the disc out, its under the floor on the passenger (LHD) side of the boot, remove the boot floor, then prise out the black plastic clip that holds the side floor in place, remove the 10mm spanner from the tool kit and remove the two nuts that hold the DVD drive in place, they are on the top and clearly visable, don't drop the nuts!! Then lift up the front of the drive and press the release button, you have to have the ignition on, the disc will pop out and you can read the numbers off it...

Go to this site

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Which sells the EU maps and enter your numbers, if it is the latest disc it will tell you..

Good Luck

Pete
Old 08-24-08, 07:49 PM
CarguyinGa
Driver School Candidate

Access the service menu by pushing the options button, then touch upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left, in that order. That will put you in the service menu, it has a selection to show the version there along with the override feature.
Old 08-25-08, 06:32 AM
Haylands
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CarguyinGa
Access the service menu by pushing the options button, then touch upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left, in that order. That will put you in the service menu, it has a selection to show the version there along with the override feature.
Hi

Unfortunatly the service menu is not available on EU spec cars.... can't understand why they would bother to make them different but they have, none of the "over rides" or "fixes" work with the EU cars.......

Pete