LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

A Bunch of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 11:26 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Bunch of Questions

WARNING: Some of these questions may not be suited for people with no patience.

Is there another way to fast foward through a CD track other than using the touch screen buttons on the nav? It seems silly that you would need to switch to Audio to fast forward. I'm hoping I just haven't hit the right button yet, seeing as how there are about 50 thousand of them in this car I wouldn't be surprised!

On my center console, there seems to be two latches on the front? Probably a dumb question but I noticed it on the way to work today and didn't get a chance to play with it and see what it did....

Is there any way to recover deleted POI from the nav? I deleted the previous owners address by mistake. I would like to try and contact them (i know, a little creepy) to see if there is anything unknown to me about the car that I should know.

Is the entire under body of the car covered? From front bumper to rear? I noticed when I looked under the other day that I could see the rear mufflers and pipes behind them. Didn't think much at the time, but isn't that all suppose to be covered?

Do you guys hear your engine running when in park or drive? I seem to get a bit of noise from the engine compartment. I don't expect it to be silent so I believe it is all normal, I just don't have anything to compare too. It is especially prevailant when next to a wall (like a drive through window) and the sound is bounching back. It sounds louder than I expected I guess.

The AC button on the left of the Nav that lets you choose Recirculate/Auto/Pull in from out side. if the AC is off and you have this set to the "Pull in from outside" are their actually fans working to pull the air in, or does it just open up the system and air is forced in? It seems like at a stop there is no air, but moving there is some flow. I was curious if this was a non mechanical setting, or if something was actually working to pull in outside air?

More to follow....
Old 08-25-08, 03:05 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

TTT - No love for the new guy?
Old 08-25-08, 03:48 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcory
WARNING: Some of these questions may not be suited for people with no patience.

1. Havent found another way to FF 'cept the way you know. If anyone else know's please let us know.

2. The "latches"....be more specific. Put up a pic or sumthin.

3. Pretty sure the whole underbody is covered. Not a 100% so dont take my word for it.

4. Yea you do hear the idling but thats it. Its really faint, but what'd you expect....its still a car!

5. Pretty sure that just opens up the vents and you get outside air as you drive. But i could be wrong...
Old 08-25-08, 04:18 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

2. By latches, I mean the "button" you press to open the center console. There is one on the front of the console that you pull upwards toward the ceiling, this releases the center console top. There is a second latch ontop of that one that you press inward toward the center console taht i'm not sure what it does.

4. I just felt it was a little louder than I expected it to be. I'll have to drop by a dealer and have them take a listen to it, or sit next to a parked LS and wait for the owner to come out and have a listen. : )
Old 08-25-08, 06:35 PM
gs eddy
Rookie

the second latch opens the console and slides the top tray out of the way. or the other way around. regardless, one latch opens lid and the other opens eurthing.... hope that helps.