LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Horrible independent Lexus salesguy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 09:43 PM
gtfour43
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Horrible independent Lexus salesguy!

I dont know if any of you have dealt with Lex_S at Wholesale in San Jose California or not but I hope you had a better experience than I did.

It began a couple weeks ago when I emailed the owner about a 05 LS UL and he gave me no info on the car except that it has no flaws and to call him so we dont play email tag. Whats so hard about just emailing me some info on the car??

Today I decide to give him a call and see why he has an 05 and 06 both UL and both priced the same. He says the only thing is the 05 has lower mileage. I then ask him if there are any flaws on either car and he says yes a couple nicks touched up as well as a scratch on the 06 bumper. He goes on yada yada yada about how Lexus sells these cars for $45k plus right now and that it cost $80k plus brand new. I than ask him if he is firm on the $35,900 asking price on both cars and his response to me is " Your not the type of person I want to deal with" and hangs up. I call him back telling him how his customer service sucks and all I did was ask him a question and he just hangs up on me. He then tries to tell me he said it more politely then hung up. I said no way man you just said you dont want to deal with someone like me then hung up. This guy is looking for a sucker to sell to thats all. He dont want to sell to someone like me who does their homework first before buying.Tell me I'm out of line by asking him if he's firm on his price? Is that an insult? Does that warrant him to be a jackass and hang up on me? Whenever I sell a car I always get asked that question.

Oh btw the 05 has 19,500 mi and the 06 has 35k mi. Was it wrong to ask him for a flawless car for a good price? I then told him your customer service is the reason that 05 has been sitting on your lot for 3 weeks now. This guy gets from me.

If any of you want to see his site here it is:

http://www.123lex.com/index.php?SID=...46716685c85e02

Wow almost makes me not want to keep looking for one now. Ok sorry for the winded post. Just thought I'd warn others of a bad apple out there.
Old 08-28-08, 10:12 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are crappy dealers everywhere. Hopefully you find the right car for you at a good price. I bet if you actually went down to look at the car you'd find more flaws than what he is admitting to.

PS. IF they are called Lexus Wholesale they should be selling those cars for a lot closer to wholesale than retail. Otherwise whats the point in calling your business Lexus Wholesale? I guess they mean they buy it at auction at wholesale then sell it around retail like everyone else.
Old 08-28-08, 10:16 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear, there are some crappy Lexus dealers. Take your well deserved business to another dealer.
Old 08-28-08, 10:25 PM
gtfour43
Driver

Thanks guys really appreciate your feedback! If I lived in cali I would definately go down there and look at the cars but I'm across the pacific

We'll see what happens. Might just stick with my car now or find a non UL here.
Old 08-28-08, 10:28 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gtfour43
Thanks guys really appreciate your feedback! If I lived in cali I would definately go down there and look at the cars but I'm across the pacific

We'll see what happens. Might just stick with my car now or find a non UL here.
I know the feeling of being stuck on the rock in the middle of the pacific If you really want a UL package, don't settle. I have friends with both UL and non UL. I personally could live with either, but man the UL is what I would really want. My wife's uncle has an 05 UL black on black. Beautiful car.
Old 08-28-08, 11:14 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sux...just take your buisness elsewhere,it happend to me when i was shopping for my LS only face to face,i took my buisness elsewhere bought my car then went back to the dealer to show the salesman what a **** he was and let him know he blew a sale....the look on his face was priceless.

P.S. damn that guy has alot of LS430'S

Last edited by bonafyd; 08-28-08 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-28-08, 11:28 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Ryan, sorry to hear about your experience man. It seems as if that guy was hinding something. Otherwise why would he turn away a possible sale without giving you more info and not discussing an agreeable price.

So, I guess you wanna get back into the whole luxury car/Lexus thing huh? Cool.

If you ever wanna check out the Lexus lot, I can go down with you and talk to the guys I bought my car from. Let me know man.
Old 08-29-08, 07:58 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey, one of the base questions to ask is always if price is negotiable, even for new vehicles. No one, NO ONE, not even MB or BMW owners just stroll in and pay MSRP. Forget this dealer. If this is his customer service, then I doubt he's moving many vehicles so let them rot on his lot. There are plenty of places eagar to please and sell.

Love them, but LS (and S and 7) are not moving real fast and value is depreciating faster than Joan River's face.
Old 08-29-08, 09:27 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
That sux...just take your buisness elsewhere,it happend to me when i was shopping for my LS only face to face,i took my buisness elsewhere bought my car then went back to the dealer to show the salesman what a **** he was and let him know he blew a sale....the look on his face was priceless.

P.S. damn that guy has alot of LS430'S
That's why he has alot LSss. His stupidity is pissing people off and no one wants to buy from him. I don't understand stupid cocky salesmen.

Are you there to judge who deserves to buy what???

It's alright-another ramen noodle for him instead of steak

If you have cars in certain regions, I'm sure some members can check them out for you
Old 08-29-08, 09:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,421 Posts

I updated your thread title... this is not a Lexus dealer, he's an independent used car sales lot.

123lex.com is not affiliated in anyway with the manufacturer Lexus. Copyright 2003 Montage Motor Cars. All Rights Reserved.
Old 08-29-08, 09:39 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

I would bet there is something wrong with any LS or Lexus that this independent used car dealer is selling. He probably bought them at auction. They were probably traded in and did not pass the CPO inspection and had to be auctioned. I would only deal with a Lexus dealer on a CPO car or a private seller provided the car passed a complete inspection by a trusted mechanic. These cars on indy lots have usually suffered some significant body damage and the repair work us often below par.
Old 08-29-08, 09:44 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've called this particular guy myself, my experiences were similar.

He also tries very strongly to push his aftermarket warranties on you. A google search for the company name that provides the warranty turns up nothing.
Old 08-29-08, 10:23 AM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are plenty of us on here, we should all start being interested in his cars and asking if the price is firm or if he is willing to negotiate?

Try KandFauto.com
They are a pretty small dealership. The sales guy there was very low pressure. He gave me the keys to the car and let me sit in it for as long as I liked while he hung out in the office. He's come out now and then just to check and see if I had any questions or anything. When it came to wheel and deal time, he was also very pleasant to deal with. He never became irrate or tried to bully me. I dealt with several dealers that I probably would not have gone back to even if they had the right car I wanted.

I give K&F FIVE STARS
Old 08-29-08, 10:50 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

a good deal for 2005 would be about 27K to 28K. He has a 6K profit margin in between there.

he must be pretty confident he will sell the car, but ya what a lame salesman.

but my question, why did u even bother calling him back when he hangs up on you ?

Originally Posted by gtfour43
I dont know if any of you have dealt with Lex_S at Wholesale in San Jose California or not but I hope you had a better experience than I did.

It began a couple weeks ago when I emailed the owner about a 05 LS UL and he gave me no info on the car except that it has no flaws and to call him so we dont play email tag. Whats so hard about just emailing me some info on the car??

Today I decide to give him a call and see why he has an 05 and 06 both UL and both priced the same. He says the only thing is the 05 has lower mileage. I then ask him if there are any flaws on either car and he says yes a couple nicks touched up as well as a scratch on the 06 bumper. He goes on yada yada yada about how Lexus sells these cars for $45k plus right now and that it cost $80k plus brand new. I than ask him if he is firm on the $35,900 asking price on both cars and his response to me is " Your not the type of person I want to deal with" and hangs up. I call him back telling him how his customer service sucks and all I did was ask him a question and he just hangs up on me. He then tries to tell me he said it more politely then hung up. I said no way man you just said you dont want to deal with someone like me then hung up. This guy is looking for a sucker to sell to thats all. He dont want to sell to someone like me who does their homework first before buying.Tell me I'm out of line by asking him if he's firm on his price? Is that an insult? Does that warrant him to be a jackass and hang up on me? Whenever I sell a car I always get asked that question.

Oh btw the 05 has 19,500 mi and the 06 has 35k mi. Was it wrong to ask him for a flawless car for a good price? I then told him your customer service is the reason that 05 has been sitting on your lot for 3 weeks now. This guy gets from me.

If any of you want to see his site here it is:

http://www.123lex.com/index.php?SID=...46716685c85e02

Wow almost makes me not want to keep looking for one now. Ok sorry for the winded post. Just thought I'd warn others of a bad apple out there.
Old 08-29-08, 10:59 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

no u are wrong, just because a car is not CPO does not mean it's junk.

a lot of cars go through different channels. Some lease returns go to the bank, which in turn goes to auction.

some cars get re'poed and goes to auction.

CPO just means u get the cpo warranty.

and a 2005 to 2006 with 25K to 30K miles already have factory warranty so a CPO isn't even necessary.

Originally Posted by link13
I would bet there is something wrong with any LS or Lexus that this independent used car dealer is selling. He probably bought them at auction. They were probably traded in and did not pass the CPO inspection and had to be auctioned. I would only deal with a Lexus dealer on a CPO car or a private seller provided the car passed a complete inspection by a trusted mechanic. These cars on indy lots have usually suffered some significant body damage and the repair work us often below par.

Last edited by mikemareen; 08-29-08 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Horrible independent Lexus salesguy!