LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

KandFauto.com = Anyone done business with them???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 12:40 PM
Omied
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samson, I heard last night you weren't happy with it from your friend. Both Cory and Steve looked at all my silver LS's when they were at our dealership, and I'm 99% sure the 22k mile one was present, they probably remember it because it was the lowest mileage, most expensive one I had so I'm sure it'll stand out in there memory if you ask them about it, that car was honestly extremely clean, I'd rate it a 9.9/10.

I paid top dollar for it as I was bidding against all the local Lexus dealerships in my area, a low mileage Ultra Luxury NON-UNIBODY damage announced car that met their 161 point CPO criteria is very hard to come by, every used car manager from all the local Lexus stores were hooked on that car.

If a Lexus dealer CPO'd that car and retailed it, I'm sure they'd get at least 4-5k more simply because they're a Franchise store and they naturally gross a lot more than we do by building value into the CPO program, given it has only 22k miles, and at the price you paid for it, you can turn around and make money on it in HI, but I'm honestly shocked to hear that you were disappointed with it.

You can't expect a brand new car, but I look at at least 200+ Lexus's each week at different auctions and am very picky with what we try to stock, and that's honestly one of the nicest one's I've sold.
Old 09-03-08, 12:48 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

I understand. If you are looking for a near pristine car, i would start looking for something with very few miles. Cars with 3 years of use and normal useage miles, are going to have normal useage scratchs and dings. I think as a buyer, we expect a lot and hope that a car will be fresh off the factory line, but I think that is also unrealistic when buying a previously owned, used car.

I did giggle at the K&F website as it stated that the cars were excellent in every section (int, ext, engine, ect). Each of the cars I looked at did have some small blemishes. I expected that though. The cars were in pretty good shape.

I looked at an 05 at a VW Dealership in Sunnyvale. It was more expensive with similar miles. The car had obviously had some paint work done to the rear bumper (as did several at other dealerships), there were dings from people bumping the car with their liscense plate screws that they just painted over, a spider had made it's home INSIDE the clear section of the rear tail light and died (no way to get that out). The weather stripping on the door had separated and was flapping. The paint where you're palm would rest for the Nav was coming off (seems to be a very common problem and i'd say about 60% or more of the cars I looked at had the same issue). Oh, and when I closed the trunk something under that body was rattling. They almost talked me into buying it as I was under pressure to get a car quick as I had nothing to drive. He was pushy and not helpful (their closer) so I left. Boy was I glad as that thing was a piece-o-****

Last edited by bigcory; 09-03-08 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-03-08, 12:50 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first thing first if you guys are interested in picking up a car from kandf. i have no problem with their service. as long as you guys go check it out in person it will be okay. omied will take care.

as far as flaws on my car i did show him my concern about that i am taking my time to find the right one before i buy. in fact the one i bought from him it is the most expensive ls430 he got at the moment. he even advertised as "flawless", it is not something i said but they put in the their website.

i remember i asked him alot of times about inperfections on the car and omied said i can either take his word for it, or hire a third party to go to their dealership to check it out in person. i took his word for it so i just go ahead and got him a cashier check.

you guys must be wondering why i don't just go buy a new car. yes i thought about the ls460, it will probably be easier. but i didn't like the way it look and i always wanted a ls430 so i just want to buy a cherry one.

let me drive the car to the shop and post up the flaws pics he sent me and the flaws that i and all my friends see. you can decide for yourself. it might be really minor for you guys like i said i believe even new cars have flaws. but like it said i am not 100% happy that i find them out when i pick it up versus he told me before hand.
Old 09-03-08, 01:17 PM
Omied
Driver School Candidate

Just in case, for anyone in the future who decides to buy sight unseen, check out https://www.automobileinspections.com/

I always suggest having the Lexus dealership look over the car because they're tech's are factory trained, where as the link above are not Toyota/Lexus factory trained, but as far as cosmetic issues are concerned, that link I posted above will take their own pics for you and prepare a condition report.
Old 09-03-08, 01:43 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

sounds like an easy solution for the concerned buyer!
Old 09-03-08, 04:31 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Your in luck...

Originally Posted by Omied
Just in case, for anyone in the future who decides to buy sight unseen, check out https://www.automobileinspections.com/

I always suggest having the Lexus dealership look over the car because they're tech's are factory trained, where as the link above are not Toyota/Lexus factory trained, but as far as cosmetic issues are concerned, that link I posted above will take their own pics for you and prepare a condition report.
$350-400 for an inspection, that's not bad at all for if you need to purchase something sight-un-seen. Still with, everything that you use a 'consultant' on, you're expecting them to provide you with the best results, but some times they just don't live up to expectations. I could maybe find "fault" with something that "I see" but the inspector may not, but with this service, atleast you get a good idea that the car won't be a POC on arrival.

I would definitely use it if I purchased out of state and outside of driving distance.

REV-1, would like to see those pics when you post. Also you keep mentioning Cherry and I see Omied is mentioning Silver... are you guys talking about the same car? Cherry is the "burgandy" color right? ... or are you referring to "cherry" in another context?
Old 09-03-08, 05:03 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

cherry is a term i go by that is at flawless, immaculate
Old 09-03-08, 05:30 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Fact of Life

Originally Posted by REV-01
cherry is a term i go by that is at flawless, immaculate

oh my... so you did mean it in another context...

I don't think you'll find a cherry in the used car market, no matter what a "salesperson" may tell you otherwise. A salesperson is there to sell you something, he/she is going to let slide items that just are not seen as major items. If there's a big ding on the door, obviously I have to tell you, or you'll see it once you get it. If it's a chip, or paint scratch, that is surface deep, then he/she is not going to mention it as being an "issue."

Another, before seeing your pictures, I can't say your issue is small or trivial like this, but once a car gets 10k on the odo. it's no where near cherry anywhere, anymore. You'll always find some little issues with either the interior or exterior.

I can understand your point, there are just some things that we each are **** about and mine happens to be the steering wheel. I've had a few leather steering wheeled vehicles where a stitch is off and it just bugs the heck out of me. So, when I'm shopping this time, I take notice of every little stitch of anything that either my fingers or arms will touch. I can't have a 30K+ vehicle that I'm going to drive for over 10 years bugging me.

oh the agony of shopping for a used vehicle !!!!
Old 09-03-08, 09:56 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

here at the pics omied sent me when i ask for all the defects.

i figure since omied didn't want to lower the price, and it is 5k more than other ls430 that he had instock. and he only show me these pics i figure in my mind the car must be super cherry like what i am looking for. and even if there is more flaws it will be more minor than the one he show me.

i insist the help of member clhawaii. whom is a cl vendor here specialize in high end car details. i told him to just take pics of the flaws on the car. i didn't even tell him where the flaw is. i told him about this thread so he will post them up.
Old 09-04-08, 08:17 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Was only the top one sent from Omied and the rest are damage you found, or all of them are from Omied? If all original, that second picture with the license plate bolt damage, that would have been enough for me to say "no deal" if you were looking for a "cherry" LS. As for the other small chips, I find that using a toothpick, the tip of course. to fill in the chips makes it look much better than globbing on the paint with the brush applicator.

As for the other scratches, they look pretty big to me that I would have probably not gone for it anyway, but oh well I guess...

We'll wait for your photographer to provide some more pics.
Old 09-04-08, 12:51 PM
Omied
Driver School Candidate

yeah those are my pics, those are what stood out to me the most when i was walking around the car, keep in mind, I believe this was on 7/2/08, which was THE day the car came in to inventory, meaning no reconditioning was done, He said he'd prefer to have the car with original paint (bumpers included, meaning with the damage shown) rather than me repaint it. I said fine, But we couldn't agree on a price so I had the recon done, and put it up for retail sale, until the end of the month which was when we made the deal happen.

I'll have to look at the deal jacket, but I know for sure we painted one of the bumpers, the one with the license plate screw damage, and possibly the one that has the curb damage on the front.
Old 09-04-08, 01:39 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

yeah those are omied's pics. i told him not to do conditioning at first because i am picky with who i take it to too. not all paint shop is the same. i kinda wish omied didn't touch it up because now i can see that spot the paint is dull and wavy.

a few more things i don't know if omied know is that the windshield is not oem lexus. and the rubber trim on the top is not align right, it is offset too the left. and omied said had all the manuals i open the glove box for the first time on tuesday nite had all the navi manuals, warranty supplements except the the most important car user manual.
Old 09-04-08, 01:51 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Touch of Death

... I told him not to do conditioning at first because i am picky with who i take it to too. not all paint shop is the same..
Ain't that the truth. My family had the unfortunately circumstance of getting into about four accidents with our family '84 Caravan minivan and someplaces did the job right (clean room, heat bake, clear coat, etc.) while others probably just sprayed right in the open.

As for not touching up, I'm not sure how long your negotiations went, but if it went on over two weeks or more, then there's nothing the dealer can do but touch the car up because he/she has to try to sell the car off if you don't happen to buy it.

...i open the glove box for the first time on tuesday nite had all the navi manuals, warranty supplements except the the most important car user manual.
DOH.. pretty important the manual. Did he provide you with a copy or try to? I think on site it says he will provide/order if missing.
Old 09-04-08, 01:57 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Omied / Samson....

I think everyone gets the message based on your experience.

Both of you should take any further issues to PM or even better...by phone.

Thanks.

Pete
Old 09-04-08, 04:33 PM
Omied
Driver School Candidate

sorry for getting OT on the thread

Quick Reply: KandFauto.com = Anyone done business with them???