LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

KandFauto.com = Anyone done business with them???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-08 | 11:02 AM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Default KandFauto.com = Anyone done business with them???

I am looking at 3 cars that this dealership has for sale.
Being that they are independant, and they purchased these cars at auction.

Has anyone done business with them?

Being that I am in Los Angeles, and they are in the Bay area, anyone know an Lexus service service facility in the Bay area which I can use to check for Paint, Body/Frame, and engine/Tranny???

Thanks,
UZY
Old 08-29-08 | 11:04 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

damn u can't find a common ls430 here in southern cali ?

there are a TON of them!

Originally Posted by vipermann1

Being that I am in Los Angeles, and they are in the Bay area, anyone know an Lexus service service facility in the Bay area which I can use to check for Paint, Body/Frame, and engine/Tranny???

Thanks,
UZY
Old 08-29-08 | 11:12 AM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Mike, believe me, I really tried.

I can't find any good 2005-2006 LS430 with the UL package.
My biggest thing is that I need "Black interior".
Exterior color I am flexable with.

Can't find the car I want with the options I want, anywhere in the LA area.
I even tried CARMAX nationwide search, the don't sort by "Ultra Luxury" package in their computer systems.

Thanks,
UZY
Old 08-29-08 | 11:14 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

are u planning on throwing a data systems controller on it ? if not then why get UL package ?

Mike, believe me, I really tried.

I can't find any good 2005-2006 LS430 with the UL package.
My biggest thing is that I need "Black interior".
Exterior color I am flexable with.

Can't find the car I want with the options I want, anywhere in the LA area.
I even tried CARMAX nationwide search, the don't sort by "Ultra Luxury" package in their computer systems.

Thanks,
UZY
Old 08-29-08 | 01:47 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by mikemareen
are u planning on throwing a data systems controller on it ? if not then why get UL package ?
Theres much more to the UL package then just the air suspension. Im not putting a controller on mine, but i still went for the UL.
Old 08-29-08 | 11:34 PM
GS3Tek

Thanks,
UZY
What you can do is bring the car to a lexus dealer. They'll charge about $110 an hour, (they'll recommend 2 hours) to comb through the car.
It's a cheap peace of mind
Old 08-30-08 | 10:17 AM
Carmelstev
Rookie

Uzy-
As I've posted several times here, I bought my 05 LS there a couple of months ago. They were really good to deal with. They have a good supply of what I observed to be quality cars. They are VERY low pressure, almost to the point of appearing to not care whether you buy from them or not. I actually spent a lot of time there before I bought mine, I think I was there 4 times and spent a couple of hours each time. One thing that struck me was that Ohmeid ( I think that's how his name is spelled) was the one that clued me into how Carfax is probably not the best source for checking on pre-owned cars, as only Autocheck reports unibody damage if it is known at auctions. Sure enough, when I ran an Autocheck report on many of the cars at the shadier dealers, and several on Ebay, it reported unibody damage, even though there was a clean Carfax. That really told me that they were a cut above the average dealer. Another thing that struck me is that one day I asked Ohmeid what he thought about Mercedes, as he had several high-end MB's. He said people buy the MB's as show pieces and they could sell a lot of them, but the Lexus cars were super-dependable, and that's why they preferred to sell them and specialize in them. I would recommend them highly.

Steve
Old 08-30-08 | 01:35 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

I had a great experience with K&F.

Very low pressure which was great. Omied gave me a change to really sit in the car and try it out (with out him sitting in the back seat looking over my shoulder and trying to ask me to buy). That made me feel very comfortable. He gave me the keys and let me be, checking in on me every once in a while to see if I needed anything. He let me take a look at much lower priced cars on his lot (Acura MDX & GS's) with no upsell pressure.

He was very helpful with financing. I have some serious issues with my credit and a house that is being foreclosed and he was the only one that could get me approved. I was declined at probably 10 banks.

He switched wheels on the car I wanted. It had the painted silver wheels and he swapped them for the chromes. The painted wheel was damaged.

The car didn't have a floor matt in the back. He is waiting for a car with the same color interior to pull the matt out for me.

I can't say enough about how enjoyable it was.
Old 09-02-08 | 05:35 PM
Omied
Driver School Candidate

wow, after 5 long years of good customer service, i've finally gotten a few great comments, customer service definitely pays off in the long run. i appreciate the kind words.
Old 09-02-08 | 10:18 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

Well deserved Omied! I can't wait till I need another car! I'll be back!
Old 09-02-08 | 10:28 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

i bought one but to be honest i am not 100% happy though. i asked a few of my friends to buy the car from me now.
Old 09-02-08 | 10:56 PM
bigcory
Lead Lap

You are not happy with Omied and the service he provided?

Or your not happy with the car you got? And your trying to sell it to your friends and family now?
Old 09-03-08 | 12:50 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigcory
You are not happy with Omied and the service he provided?

Or your not happy with the car you got? And your trying to sell it to your friends and family now?
i am happy with his service. however i am not 100% happy with the car. i spent 5 months looking for a cherry lexus ls430 ultra. i even email him ask for all the flaw pictures. he sent me only 4 pictures. however the car came with alot more flaws than i thought. it even shows on the pre shipping inspection report which means even the guys at horizon lines can see them before it was shipped. it was a 30th birthday gift for myself. i even got hook up at the horizon lines so i can pick it up on my birthday before the schedule day. but i was kinda sad that day, when my employees and friends came over to check it out because they knew i was looking for the "right" car for so long. they could see the flaws too. so i just drove it home and left it there afterwards, didn't even drive it after, didn't even bother to register the car, just tell a few of my friends and customers who i refer kandf and check out mines instead. i knew it is a used car and don't expect perfect. because i do believe even brand new one have flaws. but just kinda wish i know them before hand then all the surprises on my birthday.

those who know me understand what i mean, i am the owner of revision audio in hawaii. i treat customer's car like it is my own we always work on $35k+ brand new cars and i offer the best possible service to them. thus we build up a rep here in hawaii and they can leave a car as long as we need them and they don't even have to worry about their car.
Old 09-03-08 | 10:28 AM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Omied,

You got PM.
Looking forward to getting an LS430 from you.

Thanks,
UZY
Old 09-03-08 | 12:00 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default "flaws"

Originally Posted by REV-01
... it even shows on the pre shipping inspection report which means even the guys at horizon lines can see them before it was shipped. it was a 30th birthday gift for myself. i even got hook up at the horizon lines so i can pick it up on my birthday before the schedule day. but i was kinda sad that day, when my employees and friends came over to check it out because they knew i was looking for the "right" car for so long. they could see the flaws too. so i just drove it home and left it there afterwards, didn't even drive it after....
That stinks, but what kinds of 'flaws' are you talking about here? I went to a Lexus dealer to look at some CPO vehicles and all were fine, but they all had little dings and chips, some fixed, other's too minute to fix with touchup. There was a black CL trim where the rear trunk top had these marks that look like bird droppings had sat too long and ate through the clearcoat and paint, to the point where there is like a small galaxy in there. It was just this blotch of white dots and on black... it just stood out so much. The dealer dude showing me the car just touched it, rubbed it, and said you can fix that with touchup paint. YEAH, and have a black swirl of black paint about the size of a silver dollar !!!

Anyway, need to know what you thought of as flaws because maybe we here might think they're normal wear-n-tear items that can be 'expected' from a used vehicle.

Too bad to hear your LS430 is just sitting there... dying a slow death...

Quick Reply: KandFauto.com = Anyone done business with them???