LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Problem with the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 08:13 PM
cpcc
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw it man, buy a decent sub and pop it in. You would have saved all that money from the trips you dont have to make to there dealership any more. Just a thought.
Old 09-09-08, 03:09 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SO i called back today again and they say i can go to the nearest dealer and have them fix it but the warrant has a 100 dollar deductable. Think i'ma just get my own sub. This is gettin to be to much of a hassle.
Old 09-09-08, 03:24 PM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats something i dont understand.. you took a day off of work without having the appointment scheduled?? I dont understand.. make an appointment for the next week.. or the week after.. or for whenever the hell they are available.. and schedule a day off for that date
Old 09-09-08, 04:43 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Schedule

Originally Posted by SmokeyES35
thats something i dont understand.. you took a day off of work without having the appointment scheduled?? I dont understand.. make an appointment for the next week.. or the week after.. or for whenever the hell they are available.. and schedule a day off for that date

Yeah, it's only subwoof, not like the engine is stalling out or you have a CEL. Make the appt., call their bluff and just go like end of week, next week, or whenever and get it done. I believe they probably don't have loner vehicles right? Not that a loner once in a blue moon is worth the $2000+ or whatever for CPO, but atleast when you get warranty stuff (and long maintenance) things done at Lexus Dealer, you get a loaner.
Old 09-09-08, 05:42 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyES35

Maybe i'm not making myself clear. The first time i did simply because they do take walkins. The 2nd and third time i called to make an appt but its always far out and my schedule isnt set like a normal blue collar worker. All i'm saying is their appt times are horrible for "ME". I'm just trying to get them to work with me to get this resolved.
Old 09-10-08, 05:39 AM
AudioBuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autolenders only warranties your car for 90 days (bumper to bumper). I think it's worth the risk. After that, you're free to go to a Lexus dealer (at your expense, of course). But there's always the Extended Service Plan!
Old 09-10-08, 04:03 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by AudioBuff
Autolenders only warranties your car for 90 days (bumper to bumper). I think it's worth the risk. After that, you're free to go to a Lexus dealer (at your expense, of course). But there's always the Extended Service Plan!
That is their base warranty for any car. They also offer "extended warranties" ranging from I think 1/10K up to 5 years and 70K additional miles. I was told this extended warranty covered reimbursement for repairs done at a Lexus dealership, but from what SoPhilly is saying, it seems you have to bring it back to Autolenders.
Old 09-15-08, 01:27 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by So Philly1
the stupid back subwoofer keeps blowing. I mean litereally this is the 3rd time.
Why keep putting the same type of sub back in?!

Just to see if they are f'in with you...call to request an appt for a window fix or something similar. See what they say then. If they say come on in, then you called their bluff and should not do any business with them anymore.