LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Problem with the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 08:24 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem with the dealership

Ok so look i got the extended warranty on my car and the stupid back subwoofer keeps blowing. I mean litereally this is the 3rd time. Not only is this pissing me off but now the dealer is pissin me off too. They are clearly stating that i have to come to them to get it fixed. The problem isnt that i live in Philly and they're in jersey but everytime i try to make an appointment, they're ALWAYS booked for some reason. I even scheduled a day off last week for this week so i could go there and when i call (today) monday morning they say that they're booked until next friday!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! I even politely asked can i get the work done and get reembursed. They damn near laughed in my face. Ok so i'm really pissed now. Question is do you guys think i should keep waiting and try to schedule this appointment or just get the speaker replaced on my own with an aftermarket woofer with a higher watt rating?
Old 09-08-08, 09:11 AM
AudioBuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the dealership Cherry Hill Lexus?

If so, I would be very surprised. My wife has had her RX300 serviced at this dealership and they treated her like gold (they even offered her freshly baked chocolate chip cookies).
Old 09-08-08, 09:42 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

i would just schedule ahead of time a date for ur car to get worked on... and when ur there.. mention the lemon law with ur subwoofer lol.. that might scare them a lil.. i dunno if its valid in this situation but it'll get them thinking... i would call another Lexus dealer also b4 you do this and check to see if you can have the work done with them instead.
Old 09-08-08, 10:44 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

No it was @ auto lenders in NJ. And they wont let me go to just any lexus dealer. They wont want me to come back to them.
Old 09-08-08, 12:53 PM
AudioBuff
Driver School Candidate

I purchased 2 cars from Autolenders. As they have their own service facility, and a 90 day bumper-to-bumper warranty is included when you purchase their vehicles, it's understandable that they would want you to have them service your vehicle. I just don't understand why you're having difficulties in getting an appointment. Perhaps you can have someone else (spouse, friend) call and make the appointment for you (since they already know your voice). Just a suggestion!
Old 09-08-08, 02:49 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Autolenders

Originally Posted by So Philly1
No it was @ auto lenders in NJ. And they wont let me go to just any lexus dealer. They wont want me to come back to them.
Oh boy, I am actually considering them because the sales guy I've been working with in Vohees office actually said the "extended warranty" is recognized nationwide and that they will reimburse for any Lexus Dealer done repairs for warrantied parts. If what you're saying is correct, then I'm being given the raw deal here with them. I'd better get what they say in writing, but even then it might not help... oh, why are most used car places just so scummy?????
Old 09-08-08, 03:09 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Dont get me wrong it was a good experience except for the price haggling but all i'm sayin is they're service dept is ALWAYS booked!! I tried to make an appt 3 times and each time "sorry sir we're booked clear thru next week".

Just a lil pissed that i cant get in to get my car serviced. Not that they even care that i live in another state......
Old 09-08-08, 04:44 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Service and maintenance

Dont get me wrong it was a good experience except for the price haggling but all i'm sayin is they're service dept is ALWAYS booked!! I tried to make an appt 3 times and each time "sorry sir we're booked clear thru next week".

Just a lil pissed that i cant get in to get my car serviced. Not that they even care that i live in another state......
For warranty item - "Hi Joe, the subwoofer blew again, sorry to hear about that. Let's see, we're booked until next Friday."

60k maintenance that you pay - "Oh hello Mr. Smith, 60K maintenance, no problem, we have an opening tomorrow morning, just bring it right in."

That's the way I look at it...
Old 09-08-08, 05:06 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

very true ^ ...... why dont u just make ur appt further ahead of time
Old 09-08-08, 05:11 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

F dat call 1-800-25-lexus and open a case...this only works if they're a lexus dealership and not just a place that sells used lexus cars.
Old 09-08-08, 05:20 PM
ISFChamp
Rookie

Doesn't sound like a Lexus store to me. If it is, I'd call Lexus to complain, or even just call and ask for the GM to get involved if you have tried the Service Manager and have not gotten anywhere as of yet..
Old 09-08-08, 05:38 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFChamp
Doesn't sound like a Lexus store to me. If it is, I'd call Lexus to complain, or even just call and ask for the GM to get involved if you have tried the Service Manager and have not gotten anywhere as of yet..
No i havent really gotten the manager involved but this is to the point where i just might have to.
Old 09-08-08, 06:39 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

No i havent really gotten the manager involved but this is to the point where i just might have to.
Hell yeah i'd go up the line until i get results.
Old 09-08-08, 07:54 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Autolenders

Originally Posted by bonafyd
F dat call 1-800-25-lexus and open a case...this only works if they're a lexus dealership and not just a place that sells used lexus cars.
No, unfortunately, they are not a Lexus dealer. They only deal with off-lease vehicles with low miles. I have seen and driven several of their vehicles, and they are definitel low miles (usually under 38K) and kept well. They deal mostly with Lexus vehicles, but have a few Acuras, BMW and MB's, along with Honda, Toyota, etc.

Sad to hear this news as this place was one of the places I was actively working with and pursueing a vehicle with, but if this is the kind of "after" service, then no thank you.
Old 09-08-08, 08:05 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudioBuff
Is the dealership Cherry Hill Lexus?

If so, I would be very surprised. My wife has had her RX300 serviced at this dealership and they treated her like gold (they even offered her freshly baked chocolate chip cookies).
same here

Quick Reply: Problem with the dealership