LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

A feature that only the LS430 has that no other newer Lexues has.....................

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 12:39 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default A feature that only the LS430 has that no other newer Lexues has.....................

It is the keyless ignition from the smart access, I love the fact that you don't have to depress the brake pedal to start the car!!

It is most useful when I just want to reach in the car and start it, it is nice too not having to step on the brake pedal to start the car when sitting in it. I know I am very lazy, but isn't being lazy is the reason we drive a LS?

All newer Lexus with push button start required the brake pedal to be depressed.

I love the LS430!!
Old 09-15-08, 01:18 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No brake pedal?

Originally Posted by BNR34
It is the keyless ignition from the smart access, I love the fact that you don't have to depress the brake pedal to start the car!!

It is most useful when I just want to reach in the car and start it, it is nice too not having to step on the brake pedal to start the car when sitting in it. I know I am very lazy, but isn't being lazy is the reason we drive a LS?

All newer Lexus with push button start required the brake pedal to be depressed.

I love the LS430!!
Really, I did not know that. ANOTHER reason to get the LS430 !!!!

Honestly, I tried the push-start on the ES350 and don't understand why you have to step on the brake pedal. It's not like it's a stick and it might jump into gear... or maybe there is a defect and it will jump into gear !!!
Old 09-15-08, 02:05 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Really, I did not know that. ANOTHER reason to get the LS430 !!!!
yup, as long as the key is inside the car, you can turn that **** and start the car without stepping on the brake pedal.

Honestly, I tried the push-start on the ES350 and don't understand why you have to step on the brake pedal. It's not like it's a stick and it might jump into gear... or maybe there is a defect and it will jump into gear !!!
The reason for that is, stepping on the brake pedal is telling the car you want to start the engine, without stepping on the brake pedal and you just press the button, it would just turn on the car's electrical system without starting the engine.
Old 09-15-08, 02:56 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Step on it Bo Duke.

The reason for that is, stepping on the brake pedal is telling the car you want to start the engine, without stepping on the brake pedal and you just press the button, it would just turn on the car's electrical system without starting the engine.
Hem, interesting... they could have executed that a little differently. Perhaps say press the button once to start, and two quick presses to just start electronics. Ahhh... whatever, just makes the LS430 that much "better"...
Old 09-15-08, 03:08 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have to turn the key but no need to hit the brake in my SC .
Old 09-15-08, 03:39 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

I love the LS430!!
Yep, that's right.
Since my car is parked on the left side of the driveway, I go through the front passenger side and start my car to warm it up and reach over to the right side to warm up my wife's car.

What the LS should have (that my 05 GX did) was the one-turn engine start-no need to hold it.
That was one of the best feature ever.
Old 09-15-08, 03:50 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Here's a finger for you...

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yep, that's right.
Since my car is parked on the left side of the driveway, I go through the front passenger side and start my car to warm it up and reach over to the right side to warm up my wife's car.

What the LS should have (that my 05 GX did) was the one-turn engine start-no need to hold it.
That was one of the best feature ever.
Oh brother... how many "lazy" features can an auto manufacturer come up with? I can see in a few years, using fingerprint imaging for starting up the car, so that you don't even carry a fob. Reads your finger prints for the door, and then for the ignition button that you don't even "press" you just put your finger up against it and it reads and start if match. The seats would go to your present position once the door reader reads your fingerprint. Of course there would be separate reader for electronic only, or something like that. For valet, just have a setting to set to "valet" and then at that point, it will just open and close by the valet. Ahhhhh.. how lazy we can dream.
Old 09-15-08, 03:57 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Oh brother... how many "lazy" features can an auto manufacturer come up with? I can see in a few years, using fingerprint imaging for starting up the car, so that you don't even carry a fob. Reads your finger prints for the door, and then for the ignition button that you don't even "press" you just put your finger up against it and it reads and start if match. The seats would go to your present position once the door reader reads your fingerprint. Of course there would be separate reader for electronic only, or something like that. For valet, just have a setting to set to "valet" and then at that point, it will just open and close by the valet. Ahhhhh.. how lazy we can dream.
Where do I order one???

No I agree about the lazy thing though, BUT and a big BUT-It was neat when I had it.

You can say the same thing about the smart key. Why make it more complicated when you can press the button on the remote???

On the mercedes, if you were to depress the turn signal without engaging it, it will blink 3 times and shut off. Little things to say "oooh and ahhh" for luxury cars

Any comment on the auto parking for the LS460?
Old 09-15-08, 04:31 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Any comment on the auto parking for the LS460?
My comment is, it is stupid.

It takes longer and more effort to park the car myself then to program it to let it park itself.......

In Lexus's defense though, it is the 1st generation, it will get better over time.
Old 09-15-08, 04:39 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shern
I do have to turn the key but no need to hit the brake in my SC .
But you have to take the key out and stick it in!
Old 09-15-08, 04:59 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You lucky 05 owner! Jeff!
My 04 doesn't have push start
Old 09-15-08, 05:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blacksc400
You lucky 05 owner! Jeff!
My 04 doesn't have push start
Really? I thought it started in 04'? I am guessing it was a rare option in 04'.....
Old 09-15-08, 07:39 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

another feature no other lexus ever had or ever will have

Swinging Air vents
Old 09-15-08, 07:48 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Ode to Parking

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
another feature no other lexus ever had or ever will have

Swinging Air vents
LONG LIVE OSILLATING VENTS !!!!

someone posted the '05 had push-start? I thought Smartaccess came out in '04 and it allowed for entering by pressing the "black button" on door and then turning the ignition without key. I didn't think it was "push" to start.

As for the parking of the LS460, until it parks for me without me doing ANYTHING, including stepping on brakes, then I'll still continue to parallel park my own BOAT thank you !!!
Old 09-15-08, 07:53 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

swinging air vents? can u elaborate?

Quick Reply: A feature that only the LS430 has that no other newer Lexues has.....................