8 inch sub blew again..

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-08, 01:17 AM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by froboy272
you cannot do that because the amp is going to require more power from your car than the sub line to the ML provides.

do this the right way. have a professional run 2 or 0 guage cable to your drunk and mount the amp and sealed subwoofer enclosure to a piece of MDF wood. i went to my local stereo shop and got black carpet which i glued onto a 3/4 piece of MDF. This blends right into the trunk and looks clean while still providing the sound your looking for without sliding all over the trunk.

as for the repair thing and saving money....no one looks at speakers anyway thats not why i said not to use silicon. subwoofers create tons of air movement (how they work duh) and require some flexibility in the surround of the speaker to function to the best extent. please stop using tub and toilet caulk to fix your speakers its like putting a band aid on a leaky pipe...may work for a while but after a bit ur ankle deep in $h!t again.

on that note ur right..and thanks for the adivce..
Old 10-28-08, 08:17 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would u need 2 or 0 guage power wire to run a measly 200-300 wrms amp?

you cannot do that because the amp is going to require more power from your car than the sub line to the ML provides.

do this the right way. have a professional run 2 or 0 guage cable to your drunk and mount the amp and sealed subwoofer enclosure to a piece of MDF wood. i went to my local stereo shop and got black carpet which i glued onto a 3/4 piece of MDF. This blends right into the trunk and looks clean while still providing the sound your looking for without sliding all over the trunk.

as for the repair thing and saving money....no one looks at speakers anyway thats not why i said not to use silicon. subwoofers create tons of air movement (how they work duh) and require some flexibility in the surround of the speaker to function to the best extent. please stop using tub and toilet caulk to fix your speakers its like putting a band aid on a leaky pipe...may work for a while but after a bit ur ankle deep in $h!t again.
Old 10-28-08, 08:19 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is it like putting band aid when it ACTUALLY works?

and why the heck would u recommend 0-2 guage wire for a measly 200-300 wrms amp that u add into a oem system ?