LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

offset question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-08, 11:04 AM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REV-01
looking at this thread remind me of school.

where those who don't study hard enough would like help on their homework. but they are asking for straight answer to fill in so they could turn it in already without even trying to learn themselves.
Yeah they want to be lawyers but they want someone esle to take the BAR exam for them
Old 12-05-08, 12:21 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by REV-01
looking at this thread remind me of school.

where those who don't study hard enough would like help on their homework. but they are asking for straight answer to fill in so they could turn it in already without even trying to learn themselves.
Bingo!!! You hit it dead on. It's nothing personal and people shouldn't take it personal. It's just one thing to ask on how did you go about doing it and can you show me how . It's another thing to just ask for the offsets.

I didn't ask anyone for their offsets. I did my homework, did some measurements, double checked them and then I ordered my wheels. To be honest I wish I would have went a little more aggressive. Fully slammed all the way I'm not flush like i wanted to be but you live and learn so it will be close to perfect next time

Originally Posted by bonafyd
I share things just not everything people want stuff handfed to them
It's the "now" mentality of today.

Old 12-05-08, 12:36 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't say my grade is A++. but it deserves an A. i am willing to give out my answers from past test papers for other guys. but at least pay me a little bit for all the late nite studying...gotta at least cover the cost of all those kimchee instant noodle bowls at nite.

or best yet just buy off my paper and turn it in, sure wins!
Old 12-05-08, 12:40 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your fitment looks great, I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm very familiar with offsets and width etc, but sometimes measurements are slightly different from real world results.

many , MANY people have done aggressive offsets on a LS430, it's nothing new and nothing to hide, or "study" for.

it's just that most of them I've seen are on "full squeeze", slammed on bags. I need to see it at a certain position/height and Gsoup's shot was a good position similar to mine.

as you all know the geometry changes at different heights, this changes the space available. Geometry changes and every millimeter counts.

Originally Posted by GSoup
Bingo!!! You hit it dead on. It's nothing personal and people shouldn't take it personal. It's just one thing to ask on how did you go about doing it and can you show me how . It's another thing to just ask for the offsets.

I didn't ask anyone for their offsets. I did my homework, did some measurements, double checked them and then I ordered my wheels. To be honest I wish I would have went a little more aggressive. Fully slammed all the way I'm not flush like i wanted to be but you live and learn so it will be close to perfect next time

It's the "now" mentality of today.

Last edited by mikemareen; 12-05-08 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-05-08, 12:57 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, if you really want to know, PM me. Only because your not a newbie and you have over 1K post... LOL